Sign in to follow this  
AndreNr22

Hotstart TBM

Are they planning to release the TBM900 for P3Dv4 some time in the future? 

34 minutes ago, AndreNr22 said:

Ahhhh I doubt it hehe.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 hour ago, AndreNr22 said:

That would be A LOT of work.  The turboprop model in P3D is pretty bad.  It'd require a great deal of custom work.  Also, there's no P3D G1000 to even start working with.  

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

2 hours ago, AndreNr22 said:

Time to move to XP11.😉

• Upvote 1

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

Aircraft like this one are a key benefit of being a dual-simmer.

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

8 hours ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

That would be A LOT of work.  The turboprop model in P3D is pretty bad.  It'd require a great deal of custom work.  Also, there's no P3D G1000 to even start working with.  

P3D allows to implement your own simulation model, of course you would need to only use the P3D SDK.

If you research about the Majestic DashQ you will find it is one of the best turbo prop sims out there, specially under PD3.

You also have airplanes like A2A which people adore since their flying model is very close to real world.

So saying P3D turbo prop model is pretty bad is not true, in fact any flying model under P3D will be as good as the developer wants it to be.

Time to stop blaming the platform, you can build anything you want for P3D and it will be as good as the amount of effort you are willing to put towards your project.

Regards 

Simbol 

• Like 4

Doubtful, developer has already indicated they are working on their next XP11 aircraft already.

MSFS & XP11 - Aviatek G1000 Complex Desktop Trainer - Fulcrum One Yoke - TPR Rudder Pedals - VF TQ6 Throttle - LG 55" OLED Display

1 minute ago, simbol said:

P3D allows to implement your own simulation model, of course you would need to only use the P3D SDK.

If you research about the Majestic DashQ you will find it is one of the best turbo prop sims out there, specially under PD3.

You also have airplanes like A2A which people adore since their flying model is very close to real world.

So saying P3D turbo prop model is pretty bad is not true, in fact any flying model under P3D will be as good as the developer wants it to be.

Time to stop blaming the platform, you can build anything you want for P3D and it will be as good as the amount of effort you are willing to put towards your project.

Regards 

Simbol 

My point was that it would take far more effort under P3D.  I have the Majestic Q400 and am well aware of how much time and the love for the airplane it took to get the project done.  I'd think someone could do it...but it'd be someone with that kind of desire to see it happen on P3D.

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Has Majestic indicated that they are working on another project?  Since they already have a pretty good turbo-prop model, it probably wouldn’t be too difficult to migrate that to another plane. I’d love a TBM 900 with more systems depth than the Carenado TBM.

• Like 1

They’re currently working on the final “edition” of the Q400 then moving to the Q300.

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

2 hours ago, _Gladius_ said:

Has Majestic indicated that they are working on another project?  Since they already have a pretty good turbo-prop model, it probably wouldn’t be too difficult to migrate that to another plane. I’d love a TBM 900 with more systems depth than the Carenado TBM.

Yeah me too! P3D is really missing a good Single Engine Turbo Prob. I would prefer the TBM, but I would also be happy with a Good PC-12 or Piper Meridian 

• Upvote 1