Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
BMW969

P3D v4.5 FPS down

Recommended Posts

No frame loss here

  1. I uninstalled Client 4.4.
  2. I uninstalled content 4.4
  3. I installed client 4.5
  4. I installed content 4.5
  5. I removed some addons from the dll.xml and exe.xml, related to active sky, VRS and aerosoft recorder

SteamVR is OFF
NVIDIA Drivers 419.67

I did not delete any shareds nor change any settings, getting the same results as before. I do use processlasso otherwise my VR headset and frames are unstable.

In VR ~40fps no VR 100+fps

 

 

Edited by Hollywood

X-Plane 11.3x / DCS 2.5.4 / P3Dv4.5 / Aerofly FS 2
Win10-x64 | ASUS Z270E | Intel i7-7700K @4.5GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift CV1

Share this post


Link to post

Can anybody having the FPS issues, test disabling the Nvidia high definitions sound devices? and retest please? be sure to be on the latest drivers as well.

Regards,
Simbol

Edited by simbol

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, simbol said:

Can anybody having the FPS issues, test disabling the Nvidia high definitions sound devices? and retest please? be sure to be on the latest drivers as well.

Regards,
Simbol

upgraded drivers to 419.67, disabled Nvidia hi-def sound drivers, deleted cache dir contents, rebooted and tested the same scenario, with no change in performance.

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, c912039 said:

rebooted and tested the same scenario,

How you disable the Nvidia hi-def devices? they always get re-enabled after reboot unless you uninstall the driver entirely.

Just check they remained disabled, but thanks for all your tests..

There is a topic in the LM forums about this: https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=133165

It seems that if you have only 1 Monitor all is fine, multiple monitors this happens..

S.

Edited by simbol

Share this post


Link to post

Has anybody mentioned OS and OS version? - of late there has been a resistance of updating windows 10 and Nvidia drivers for various reasons.

I have the very latest build of Win 10 and I have not been able to detect any performance drop between 4.4 and 4.5   

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, pracines said:

Has anybody mentioned OS and OS version? - of late there has been a resistance of updating windows 10 and Nvidia drivers for various reasons.

I have the very latest build of Win 10 and I have not been able to detect any performance drop between 4.4 and 4.5   

Do you have multiple screens? that seems to be a factor at the moment.

S.

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, simbol said:

How you disable the Nvidia hi-def devices? they always get re-enabled after reboot unless you uninstall the driver entirely.

Just check they remained disabled, but thanks for all your tests..

S.

Disabled via Device Manager->Sound,Video & Game Controllers , and they seem to stay disabled after a reboot.

Im on Win 10 1803

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, simbol said:

Do you have multiple screens? that seems to be a factor at the moment.

S.

I have 2 monitors, but I do full screen (background=false) P3D on main and utilities/add-ons on the other.

But even so, has the OS build even been explored? LM is very clear about Windows being fully updated. 

5 minutes ago, c912039 said:

Im on Win 10 1803

Why aren't you on 1809? 

Again, LM is very clear about Windows being fully updated. 

Share this post


Link to post

I do remember that I experienced severe FPS loss quite  a while ago. It turned out that the cause was due to a GSX update.

Virtuali mentioned that he had started using a particular P3D SDK call with that update, and seemed to hit multi-screen users.
He removed that function call in a further update, and performance was restored.

The issue he discovered with the SDK call, and this issue are probably completely unrelated, but I thought I might mention it, as not many users were impacted by the SDK call issue in GSX.

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, pracines said:

Why aren't you on 1809? 

Again, LM is very clear about Windows being fully updated. 

 

or even better, get on 1903 asap, which is heading for the release preview channel (it's done but due to the 1809 release being such a headache, it'll be served as a preview for a month to make absolutely sure it's ready), as it'll contain the retpoline fix to mitigate the Specre and Meltdown vulnerabilities that caused CPU slowdowns under some circumstances

https://www.zdnet.com/article/windows-10-will-banish-spectre-slowdowns-with-googles-retpoline-patch/

  • Upvote 1

8700K Delid @ 5GHz | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 @ 3600MHz | MSI 1080 Ti Sea Hawk X | Windows 11 Pro | Monitors: Acer XB270HU / LG 27UK650

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, pracines said:

I have 2 monitors, but I do full screen (background=false) P3D on main and utilities/add-ons on the other.

But even so, has the OS build even been explored? LM is very clear about Windows being fully updated. 

Why aren't you on 1809? 

Again, LM is very clear about Windows being fully updated. 

No idea, but according to the Update page, where Ive forced a recheck just today, it states I am up to date with the last cumulative update for 1803 installed for March 2019. Build 17134.648

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, c912039 said:

No idea, but according to the Update page, where Ive forced a recheck just today, it states I am up to date with the last cumulative update for 1803 installed for March 2019. Build 17134.648

Go here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4028685/windows-10-get-the-update

You can force it directly there.

Regards,
S.

 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, simbol said:

@davetfcCould it be the Windows 10 game mode? maybe others have this disabled for P3D, etc. while yours is active.

Can you try to disable the Game mode in your case and test again?

Also check if you have WPF hardware acceleration enabled or disabled, this is located inside the registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Avalon.Graphics

Check if you have a key with the value DisableHWAcceleration = 1

Simbol

Hi,

I can confirm that I'm running a triple monitor setup and I'm having issues with a drop in frame rates after updating to v4.5. The rest of my hardware is listed in my signature. NVidia drivers are the latest (v419.67). Windows version is the latest build available here in Belgium (v1809 - build 17763.437 - KB4493509).

Windows10 game mode has always been deactivated since using P3D v4.4. I checked in the registry and did not find the key "DisableHWAcceleration".

I'm now in the process of completely reinstalling v4.4 as v4.5 would seem to be to hard for my hardware configuration running a triple monitor setup.

Kind regards,

Edited by davetfc
Addition

Dave
Laptop: MSI GT62VR 7RE Dominator Pro i7-7700HQ 2.8 (3.54 turbo) Ghz with 2 external monitors, 32GB DDR4 RAM@1200Mhz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB, Windows 10 Home (v 1909). XPv11: Orbx & OpenSceneryX Libraries, Ortho4XP, SimHeaven X-Europe, Orbx TE GB South, xPilot. PSDv4.5: Orbx Global Vector & Airport Pack, Orbx openLC Europe, Orbx region EU & TE NL HD, Orbx LOWI. 

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, davetfc said:

Hi,

I can confirm that I'm running a triple monitor setup and I'm having issues with a drop in frame rates after updating to v4.5. The rest of my hardware is listed in my signature. NVidia drivers are the latest (v419.67). Windows version is the latest build available here in Belgium (v1809 - build 17763.437 - KB4493509).

Windows10 game mode has always been deactivated since using P3D v4.4. I checked in the registry and did not find the key "DisableHWAcceleration".

I'm now in the process of completely reinstalling v4.4 as v4.5 would seem to be to hard for my hardware configuration running a triple monitor setup.

Kind regards,

Hi Dave,

Thanks, your system is fully up to date it seems multiple screens is a common factor at the moment.

Could you please post all your data here for LM? https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&p=196247#p196247

The more information they get, then they will be able to pinpoint the problem and provide a fix ASAP.

Regards,
S.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    53%
    $13,405.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...