Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
BMW969

P3D v4.5 FPS down

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, simbol said:

Ok, thanks for your report.

So let me get's this right, a brand new installation of 4.5 runs without performance issues until you install FTX Germany North/South? what happens if you fly somewhere else in the world? IE, USA?

S.

Exactly, I just tested this scenario, as I was buffed, that I suffered from low FPS even at high altitude, while over mentioned area. After disabeling, FPS went back to normal. I had no time so far, installing testing other areas, except TE Netherlands.

Tested both areas without any autogen or scenery detail, TE Netherlands is from 130 fps down to 100-110, but in Germany I went from 130 to 70fps when switching between FTX/TE or without.

Edited by Chandler

Intel Core i9-9900K - ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula | Intel Z390 - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-3200 - GTX 1080  -1TB Samsung 970 PRO - 1000W - Corsair HXi Platinum Series - ASUS Xonar DGX - Corsair H150i Pro RGB - Samsung Odyssey Plus

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Chandler said:

Exactly, I just tested this scenario, as I was buffed, that I suffered from low FPS even at high altitude, while over mentioned area. After disabeling, FPS went back to normal. I had no time so far, installing testing other areas, except TE Netherlands.

Interesting, I think you need to go to ORBX with these findings, ask them what they used to compile FTX Germany North / South, maybe it needs to be recompiled with the new P3D SDK and the problem gets resolved? just like most add-on's updates after a new P3D release?

Regards,
Simbol

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, simbol said:

Interesting, I think you need to go to ORBX with these findings, ask them what they used to compile FTX Germany North / South, maybe it needs to be recompiled with the new P3D SDK and the problem gets resolved? just like most add-on's updates after a new P3D release?

Regards,
Simbol

Sure it wasn't compiled with the FSX sdk? 😉

  • Upvote 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas14 3200 DDR4; RTX2080Ti

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

Share this post


Link to post

I just installed P3D v4.5.  Before doing so I tested 2 scenarios 

1) Default P3D startup location with F-22.

2) F-22 at FACT which I think is a close to default as I have in my sim.

Tested full screen and windowed.  VC and External.

I saw no difference in frames between the two versions.

Note - Multiscreen user.  I have P3D on a 43" 4K screen.  Other stuff on a second monitor all from same video card - 1080Ti.

 

 


Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000
 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Its Not an Obix problem ... i dont use Orbix yet still suffer the FPS drop , i have had to go back to the 4.4 client but theres no way of reverting the content and scenery back to 4.4 so they are still on 4.5 

PC specs 

I7 8700k 

GTX1080 

16 gig mem 

W10 64bit 

Edited by keenrw

ugcx_banner.png

Share this post


Link to post

I'm confused.

-Is this a legitimate bug in v4.5?

-Is it limited to certain configs/set-ups?

-Is LM working on "fixing" this bug?

Thanks


Aaron Ortega

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Dreamflight767 said:

I'm confused.

-Is this a legitimate bug in v4.5?

-Is it limited to certain configs/set-ups?

-Is LM working on "fixing" this bug?

Thanks

Think this entire thread is about figuring out the culprit and without the culprit, LM won't know what to fix nor where to look for it. It's just fumbling in the dark at this point.


8700K Delid @ 5GHz | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 @ 3600MHz | MSI 1080 Ti Sea Hawk X | Windows 10 Pro (2004) | Monitors: LG 27UK650 / Acer XB270HU

Share this post


Link to post

Baseline Testing, flight loop out of KAPA, no add ons, clean install for both 4.4. and 4.5

P3D v4.4, Max All Sliders, Shadows Ultra, 4k, 8xMSAA - Min: 43  Max: 67  Avg: 51.396

P3D v4.5, Max All Sliders, Shadows Ultra, 4k 8xMSAA - Min: 51  Max: 64  Avg: 47.763

So in base P3D v4.5 I got less FPS by 4 in the test.  The test loop was a recording so the exact same.  I did the baseline test at least 5 times and always got within .5 FPS so it's accurate.

Once I switched to my 60 FPS settings where I drop the LOD Radius to Ultra and the Autogen Buildings to Normal I got 60.967 FPS Average in v4.4 and 59.958 FPS average in v4.5.

Anything I can do to help test Simbol? 

I have a pretty clean environment and willing to go back and forth.  I own plenty of addons I could throw in there.

System is 8700k @ 4.8, 1080ti, 1tb SSD and 32mb 3200 Ram.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Second Test: Baseline, Same flight loop out of KAPA (Same recording), Orb Global Base, Orbx Libraries, Orbx Trees, Orbx NA LC, Orbx Vector

P3D v4.4, LOD (Ultra), Building Autogen Density (Normal), All other Sliders Max, Shadows Ultra, 4k, 8xMSAA - Min: 43  Max: 64  Avg: 49.146

P3D v4.5, LOD (Ultra, Building Autogen Density (Normal), All other sliders Max, Shadows Ultra, 4k, 8xMSAA - Min: 36  Max: 64  Avg: 45.683

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, TravelRunner404 said:

Second Test: Baseline, Same flight loop out of KAPA (Same recording), Orb Global Base, Orbx Libraries, Orbx Trees, Orbx NA LC, Orbx Vector

 P3D v4.4, LOD (Ultra), Building Autogen Density (Normal), All other Sliders Max, Shadows Ultra, 4k, 8xMSAA - Min: 43  Max: 64  Avg: 49.146

P3D v4.5, LOD (Ultra, Building Autogen Density (Normal), All other sliders Max, Shadows Ultra, 4k, 8xMSAA - Min: 36  Max: 64  Avg: 45.683

 

Hi. 

Can you retest without Orbx Vector and share results ?

I know Vector causes a huge hit on performance. I am also assuming you have set traffic to zero.

Thank you


Bilal Asif Khan

Share this post


Link to post

There is a good theory about polyline autogen buildings causing this.

Please test with loger autogen settings to see if sttuters go away.

Important to report all this data to LM as they will read their own forums.

Regards 

Simbol 

Share this post


Link to post

OK, So I ran a couple more test flights, with my second monitor unplugged, and then plugged it back in with P3D running on both my laptop screen, and then the second monitor screen.  My FPS were the same in all tests.

Share this post


Link to post

Did a new test specifically for Orbx only in v4.5 since I don't have 4.4 right now.

LOD Radius (Ultra), AG Build Density (Normal), 8x MSAA, Shadows Ultra - CLEAR weather

Min: 44 Max: 72 Avg: 56.250 - Orbx Global Base, Libraries, Trees, NA LC

Min: 27 Max: 68 Avg: 55.758 - Orbx Global Base, Libraries, Trees, NA LC + VECTOR

Min: 27 Max: 69 Avg: 56.404 - Orbx Central Rockies Region (Covers KAPA/Denver), Trees

Vector and NA LC were not uninstalled when I did the region test, but Orbx clearly states that all regions include their own Vector data so none of the NA LC or Base Vector data was loaded I am sure.

This is the same as what I saw in base v4.4 and other testing, that  Vector does not hurt performance although in v4.4 I did not see the Minimum drop like it did in v4.5 but the average was actually better in v4.5 by about 4 frames. 

I slowly increased the AG Building density slider with the same settings and got the following:

Min: 36 Max: 66 Avg: 52.850 - AG Build Density DENSE

Min: 32 Max: 65 Avg: 49.867 - AG Build Density VERY DENSE

Min: 28 Max: 58 Avg: 46.508 - AG Build Density EXTREMELY DENSE

In v4.4 I didn't do the same test but going from Extremely Dense to Normal gave me back an average of 2.825 frames in v4.5 I am getting back almost 10 FPS.

So, in conclusion, something is probably going on with the new building objects so as you scale up in building AG density you lose more FPS than you did before but overall v4.5 seems to about the same.  I could imagine in certain areas these added buildings are doing something weird and causing greater loss but it's probably still related to the change.

 

  

Share this post


Link to post

If I now load TE NL + FT Amsterdam + PSXseeconTraffic Live Traffic, after the scenery is onscreen it takes up to 1 min before all aircraft have their airline te turned instead of being black .. 

With V4.4 no issues 


Gerard

7940x ( 14 cores ) : 8 cores @ 4.8 - 6 cores @ 4.0 Ghz - Gigabyte X299 Gaming 7 - 32 Gb G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz Cl 14 - Gigabyte GTX 2080 TI Windforce OC @1920 Mhz - 1x SSD M2 1800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 43” Sony 4K tv's in NVSurround

8700K : all 6 cores @ 5.0 GHz - Asus ROG 370 - 16 Gb 4000 MHz @ 3600 Mhz - Gigabyte GTX 2080 Windforce OC @ 1900 Mhz - 1x SSD M2 1800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - 1x 55” Sony 4K tv

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

 

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, TravelRunner404 said:

Did a new test specifically for Orbx only in v4.5 since I don't have 4.4 right now.

LOD Radius (Ultra), AG Build Density (Normal), 8x MSAA, Shadows Ultra - CLEAR weather

Min: 44 Max: 72 Avg: 56.250 - Orbx Global Base, Libraries, Trees, NA LC

Min: 27 Max: 68 Avg: 55.758 - Orbx Global Base, Libraries, Trees, NA LC + VECTOR

Min: 27 Max: 69 Avg: 56.404 - Orbx Central Rockies Region (Covers KAPA/Denver), Trees

Vector and NA LC were not uninstalled when I did the region test, but Orbx clearly states that all regions include their own Vector data so none of the NA LC or Base Vector data was loaded I am sure.

This is the same as what I saw in base v4.4 and other testing, that  Vector does not hurt performance although in v4.4 I did not see the Minimum drop like it did in v4.5 but the average was actually better in v4.5 by about 4 frames. 

I slowly increased the AG Building density slider with the same settings and got the following:

Min: 36 Max: 66 Avg: 52.850 - AG Build Density DENSE

Min: 32 Max: 65 Avg: 49.867 - AG Build Density VERY DENSE

Min: 28 Max: 58 Avg: 46.508 - AG Build Density EXTREMELY DENSE

In v4.4 I didn't do the same test but going from Extremely Dense to Normal gave me back an average of 2.825 frames in v4.5 I am getting back almost 10 FPS.

So, in conclusion, something is probably going on with the new building objects so as you scale up in building AG density you lose more FPS than you did before but overall v4.5 seems to about the same.  I could imagine in certain areas these added buildings are doing something weird and causing greater loss but it's probably still related to the change.

 

  

That is very interesting. It probably plays into the theory simbol was suggesting about autogen setting.

I also observed in BB's stream with p3d 4.5 using FSL A320 making an evening approach into Brussels airport and towards the final approach there were noticeable pauses occurring.

All in all I think its liveable but still hoping for improvement. What do you think ?


Bilal Asif Khan

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    31%
    $7,930.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...