Sign in to follow this  
webranger

Rex EnvironmentForce out.

7 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Ive loved SF and always enjoyed REX products but as it stands right now, EF could well go in the bin.

I wanted to tweakk but really wanted to use its Auto setting.

Well here is what AUTO get me. 

A Grey VC, A sky colour never seen in 56 years of living in the UK, bad repeated upper clouds you cannot see in these shots. Water that looks so bad. 

If this is Auto, well you draw your own conclusions.

m1.jpg

m2.jpg

m3.jpg

David, there is obviously some kind of conflict here.  Give it a bit of time until the REX guys can troubleshoot it for you.  The whole point of the application is that you can make all of those things look exactly how you want them to look.  There will be a resolution.  The same hoopla occurred when SkyForce was released.  No-one really understood it, not everyone was happy at the time.  But now all those who use it cant do without it.

Edited by ErichB
  • Upvote 1

Well now am not happy to say the least, my TS will not put things back to normal and now stuck with this mess.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

7 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Well now am not happy to say the least, my TS will not put things back to normal and now stuck with this mess.

Reinstall your P3D client.  It'll reset the shaders. Also, EF works outside of the sim as I understand it.  This may be more of an issue with Tomato Shade than with EF

Edited by ErichB

Does this new software not have a backup function allowing to revert to the state when you first installed it by a simple mouse click? This would be a no-go for me, I hate this kind of software, even PTA allows to bring back the automatically stored default shaders with one click... As does REX Skyforce. So I would be rather surprised if they left this out of REX Environment Force.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

16 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Reinstall your P3D client.  It'll reset the shaders. Also, EF works outside of the sim as I understand it.  This may be more of an issue with Tomato Shade than with EF

Ive done that Erich and I still have grey mess of a VC I dont even know what do to do to even get back to normal. What a mess. No TS profiles fix it not even a new R&D no profile works anymore, EF.....words no allowed 

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

DO you need to have SF open for cloud sync? I hear mixed things..

Victor Roos

3 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Ive done that Erich and I still have grey mess of a VC I dont even know what do to do to even get back to normal. What a mess. No TS profiles fix it not even a new R&D no profile works anymore, EF.....words no allowed 

Check if you have a "post process" camera active.

S.

2 minutes ago, simbol said:

S.

I've just dont a client re-install and its still not right.

Where can I look for a "post process" camera active ? that's a new one for me.

As much as I love REX, I just wish they had a larger beta team that did broader compatibility testing in advance...hope they get this sorted soon.

12 minutes ago, simbol said:

S.

Am at my wits end, even after a client reinstall, ive got back a more normal look but its not really it's like I have brightness maxed out, it's a mess.

Can you walk me through this "post process" camera active ? please

Edited by Nyxx

Just gone into sim and as its so bright I turned down brightness within the sim, nothing else running. Even if I turn brightness to 0 nothing happens no effect at all. So much for a program that runs outside the sim.....REX what have you done and how can this happen?

Edited by Nyxx

2 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Just gone into sim and as its so bright I turned down brightness within the sim, nothing else running. Even if I turn brightness to 0 nothing happens no effect at all.

did you try HDR shader rebuild inside EF ?

After i restored my original shaders within PTA at least the grey is gone

Edited by RTK1972

Carsten U

Just now, Nyxx said:

Am at my wits end, even after a client reinstall, ive got back a more normal look but its not really it like I have brightness maxed out, it's a mess.

Can you walk me through this "post process" camera active ? please

http://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv3/LearningCenter/getting_started/view_system/custom_camera_ui.html

Just open the cameras via the UI, check if there is a custom processing configured for your VC camera.

S.

27 minutes ago, Victoroos said:

DO you need to have SF open for cloud sync? I hear mixed things..

Again ... YES, you need SF running in background for cloud MODEL sync

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

1 hour ago, GSalden said:

Very nice program and a new high point in the Fs World.

Did you try it at least for 2-3 days or it's just a marketing push here?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1