webranger

Rex EnvironmentForce out.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

How is out? Can you purchase? It's not out yet on the official page.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, webranger said:

You still can't buy it from REX. 1900z is their officially announced release time.

Apart from the fact that it's 5.22am in Phoenix.  Coffee first before all else.

Edited by ErichB
  • Like 3

As stated in another thread you can buy it now from Just Flight.

Posted (edited)

nvm

Edited by Nyxx

Since its only 10% £2 am going to buy from Justflight.

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Since its only 10% £2 am going to buy from Justflight.

It did it too and have tonsay up to now i am some kind underwhelmed.

maybe i am doing smtg. wrong but in automatic modus my fslabs 320 cockpit is totally greyed out. Outside looks ok but in the cockpit..i have no clue....

Unbenannt.jpg

Edited by RTK1972

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, RTK1972 said:

maybe i am doing smtg. wrong but in automatic modus my fslabs 320 cockpit is totally greyed out. Outside looks ok but in the cockpit..i have no clue....

Guys, please evaluate the product properly and over a good period of time before posting ridiculous commentary.  Ramming it into your flightsim, testing it for 5 minutes and then saying it's underwhelming publicly, says more about you than it does about the product.  It is a significant product with a broad range of functionality.  Because YOUR Airbus cockpit is dark, does not make Environment Force underwhelming - especially as you have admitted that you  'have no clue'  Read the manual and watch the videos.

Edited by ErichB
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 7

6 minutes ago, RTK1972 said:

Have you read the manual? This probably not a install and fly app. In the video it seems to have a leaning curve even with the automated mode. It seems to be more of a tweaking p3d app.

13 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Guys, please evaluate the product properly and over a good period of time before posting ridiculous commentary.  Ramming it into your flightsim, testing it for 5 minutes and then saying it's underwhelming publicly, says more about you than it does about the product.  It is a significant product with a broad range of functionality.  Because YOUR Airbus cockpit is dark, does not make Environment Force underwhelming - especially as you have admitted that you  'have no clue'  Read the manual and watch the videos.

really ? Maybe you should first read what i wrote, Amigo. I said "Up to now" i am underwhelmed. And yes, i did read the manual.

All i wanna say is it seems not to be that plain vanilla as i expect when thinking about auto modus.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, reecemj said:

Have you read the manual? This probably not a install and fly app. In the video it seems to have a leaning curve even with the automated mode. It seems to be more of a tweaking p3d app.

Wow... in the past we had to tweak in order to get a well running flightsim. Then over time P3D changed all that and we had a more or less tweak free sim. And now, don't you love progress, REX is letting us pay to start tweaking again...? Wow! Those REX guys never stop to amaze me! 😎

(Just kidding, of course. Although er... every recent REX release actually did er... amaze me... 😏

Anyway, a learning curve for automated mode is a novelty, I have to say. REX's marketing department must be really busy figuring out how to promote that one.

(Kidding again, of course.)

Edited by Guest

Yep just tried Auto and cockpit in my default was greyed out.....going to test/read.

Posted (edited)

Ok after seeing the mess it made of my VC in auto mode I closed and restarted P3D. No... somehow it added it changers to the sim so even with a restart without EF I now get this mess..great!

sf.jpg

Edited by Nyxx

I had this issue in the pre-release version a day or so ago also, but I didn’t have time to troubleshoot it yesterday. I suspect it’s a tomatoshade problem. Try with the default shaders and see what happens. 

The program itself looks to have amazing potential and when I get a bit of time I’ll be delving into it. 

Re loaded my TS profile and its back to normal but not sure what to do now?

6 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Ok after seeing the mess it made of my VC in auto mode I closed and restarted P3D. No... somehow it added it changers to the sim so even with a restart without EF I now get this mess..great!

sf.jpg

David, have you used the manual tweaking features to restore colour?  

19 minutes ago, J van E said:

Wow... in the past we had to tweak in order to get a well running flightsim. Then over time P3D changed all that and we had a more or less tweak free sim. And now, don't you love progress, REX is letting us pay to start tweaking again...? Wow! Those REX guys never stop to amaze me! 😎

(Just kidding, of course. Although er... every recent REX release actually did er... amaze me... 😏

Anyway, a learning curve for automated mode is a novelty, I have to say. REX's marketing department must be really busy figuring out how to promote that one.

(Kidding again, of course.)

Watch the video look like they where tweaking the sky,water,colors,etc. I'll buy later today so I can start tweaking.😂 Glad to see you around here J van E.👍

So this product is not for people that don't like to tweak it looks like.  I just prefer auto mode but will pass if you have to tweak.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, ErichB said:

David, have you used the manual tweaking features to restore colour?  

Hi Erich,

I've reinstalled my TS and its restored as it should be.

Started EF with manual mode but that seems to do nothing. 

When I tried auto I go the tuning  huge window come open in manual mode, nothing? Will have to read the manual....

• Like 1

Guys,

If this add-on is using Shaders, you can recompile the shaders in 4.5 without restarting P3D. To do so, just link a hotkey to the event refresh shaders.

The advantage would be that you could see the changes occurring almost immediately.

Regards,
Simbol

• Upvote 2

Started at UK2000 EGKK ORBX UK  in auto then open up the settings box and started to play with setting while in flight you are then in manual mod, this is how this will be most used by most being able to change the look and feel without exiting the sim on the fly is a plus for me, each user has the option to set it up to suit them then save your settings while still flying, I am still tweaking and enjoying the control you have over what you see.

Just now, rjfry said:

Started at UK2000 EGKK ORBX UK  in auto then open up the settings box and started to play with setting while in flight you are then in manual mod, this is how this will be most used by most being able to change the look and feel without exiting the sim on the fly is a plus for me, each user has the option to set it up to suit them then save your settings while still flying, I am still tweaking and enjoying the control you have over what you see.

Will this require P3D V4.5 or can it be done in 4.4 ? What I am referring to is being able to make changes without exiting the sim. 

Posted (edited)

Just set EF to manual mode and restarted sim, VC is like it was in auto, greyed out and out side view was blown out. No idea how to even start getting the VC back to normal.

Its not like am using some strange pre-set, its 90% R&D TS.

Reading the manual sheds no light on this VC grey out mess.

Edited by Nyxx