Sign in to follow this  
robrooke

Amphibian flight in British Columbia. Sat 4th May

here is a 230nm flight in beautiful British Columbia,

Whiskey Cove - Kidala pass.    11 landings,  ( 2 asphalt, 1 grass, 4 dirt, 4 water. )    

as this flight takes in mostly Misty Mooring scenery you may wish to download the following sceneries to get the best out of the flight.

1 Whiskey Cove.

2 Ocean falls.

3 Barnstormers.

4 Victory Valley.

5 Telwa river Ranch.

6 Devils word not allowed.

7 Kowesas river Lodge.

8 Kidala pass.

Amphibian Aircraft required  ( your choice  make or model )

flight plan HERE.https://www.dropbox.com/s/2rh2h1g8iw9zynz/VFR Whiskey Cove to Kildala Pass.pln?dl=0 

suggested start of flight time   16 30 hrs local

Particulars
Date and time: Saturday, 4th MAY 2019. 1800 UTC.
Where: AVSIM RTWR Teamspeak - Casual Flights Channel
Teamspeak Server Address: ts.teamavsim.com
Cross-Platform Multiplayer: JoinFS. (FSX, FSX-SE, and P3D).
If you want to help others enjoy the multiplayer experience, don't forget to enter your aircraft details on the multiplayer spreadsheet (linked here). Your courtesy will save others a lot of time and effort.

The avid scenery downloader will note that the RTMM scenery named "Devils word not allowed" is actually named after a part of the Devil's anatomy that is simply not describable...in polite company.

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Sounds like a wonderful flight, but after looking at the dauntingly complex steps to install the libraries and sceneries, I think I'll be taking a pass on this one.

Enjoy the flight and hopefully I'll see you again next week.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

I am away this weekend but have tried to put together an easier way to get RTMM in: using master folders/files. My own "in the works" creation right now but hopefully it should help. All scenery has been pre-done and is setup.

ORBX PNW is also required for this BC trip and note*: the RTMM elevations are based on the Orbx PNW Region elevations!! 

(Although this BC, might as well convey that for the Alaska areas covered by RTMM, RTMM elevations are based on ORBX PFJ, FSADDON Tongass Fjords X (*Note: Tongass requires mods to work in P3Dv4x-LINK http://return.mistymoorings.com/getting_started/index.php#9)  and for further north, RTMM uses Orbx SAK elevations.

(The RTMM Part:  The RTMM Object libs are also required or every other RTMM addon scenery piece will not correctly display)* 

Now my "in progress" master file is a 3 Gig RAR file.

RTMM Master: Link: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ap8x9gXrO-rJg55wkA5aegH_BlM5dA

When extracted is almost 7 gb: containing every RTMM piece: all pre-assembled as it were: From all the RTMM libs, to every addon scenery piece, simobjects\Airplanes, simobjects\Boats, Effects, Gauges, AI traffic files (scenery-world-scenery-Layer) etc etc etc.. And including a mock scenery.cfg - with every entry pre-set up. Just a matter of cut and paste the folders to where you want them, - then update the path in the scenery.cfg to match your folder placements. 

Note: This works for FSX, and all versions of P3D incl P3Dv4x. That being the case, there is Master Effects folder: which contains a Universal/Common Effects Folder (all sims) plus separate Effects folders for specialized effects for use in either FSX, P3Dv1\2 or P3Dv3 OR P3Dv4x. 

(Use the correct in the Master Effects folder: All use the universal, plus the other effects folder which matches your sim version).

Again this one file contains every piece of RTMM scenery and all supporting files..    

You guys are in PNW in this trip: And scenery placement. RTMM goes ontop,

Set your FTXCentral v3 as follows: FTX entries go below RTMM Libs 1-2-3-4

(If you run Tongass X - Tongass X in FTXCentral V3 goes between OpenLC and FTX so the FTX central v3 insertion points are as follows:  Open LC entries go below Tongass_Lower_priority.

Anyways, still a work in progress but pre-set up if any want try it. (Much easier than starting RTMM from scratch. Dl the file, extract to temp dir, Copy/paste the folders where you want the, and very easy to copy your scenery.cfg and add these RTMM entries- mod of the path to the folders and done. 

( add-on.xml in progress too, but many scenery entries-almost easier to use the scenery.cfg but to each his/her own.

Took quite a bit of work in obtaining every RTMM zip, extracting and pre-assemblng all the required RTMM folders/files. Hope this helps.

Norm

2 hours ago, somiller said:

Sounds like a wonderful flight, but after looking at the dauntingly complex steps to install the libraries and sceneries, I think I'll be taking a pass on this one.

Enjoy the flight and hopefully I'll see you again next week.

Steve,

1. Go to the RTMM site Return to Misty Moorings - Addon Scenery

2. Look up Roger's 8 sceneries, one at a time, using the alphabetical tabs for each in turn.  When found, click on ZIP and download.

3. Open the 8 zip files one at a time and copy the main folder (containing scenery and texture) to the FSX or P3D Addon scenery folder. Ignore the effects etc.

4. Use the Scenery Library manager to add each of these 8 titles to FSX or P3D.

5. You can stop here, or load the 3 RTMM libraries and activate the same way..

..not absolutely required.. :cool:

Bert

Has anyone figured out where the RSFC "airport" resides? :unsure:

Bert

Thanks Norm, great help and a lot of work you put in there!!!

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

Thank you Roger!

That certainly looks much better!  :cool:

Bert

Roger, have a good flight Saturday....Michael J

MSFS2020

MICHAEL J     proud supporter

KJAX   FLORIDA

I won't be making the flight this evening, but I will have the Central America continuation ready for next weekend (11 May).  Same aircraft types as before; bizjets, fast turboprops, warbirds as there will be legs over 100nm.