Sign in to follow this  
vgbaron

Environment Force Discussion Thread

52 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Also, the manual is still misleading we all know we should turn the top two options OFF in Auto mode but now it seems with ASP4 EF works better with both ON. 

REX should reach out for more beta testers to help.

Will test with HDR on or of and report back...

• Like 1

André

Weather smoothing (the top one) definitely improves the asp4 injections, they are more gradual rather than just popping up! 

The second option i leave unticked as I’m using historical weather in asp4 locked to sim time. This setting if ticked would override it with current weather. So that won’t work if you are using historical mode in asp4. 

I have all the other option ticked in full auto mode, and it works well for me. 

Edited by djbully
  • Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

6 minutes ago, awf said:

Will test with HDR on or of and report back...

If you turn OFF HDR in EF your P3D HDR levels you can change and see like normal, once EF HDR  is on (unless this has changed in the new build) stoped P3D HRD setting having any effect or making changing them have no effect.

I hope EF HDR and why there is an OFF/ON button is because it works independently of P3D. Hence why you can turn OFF EF HDR?

No idea 🙂 

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

34 minutes ago, fs1 said:

EF is a complex product: it is sometimes compared to other static shaders (and now the called dynamic ones) but don't forget all EF tweaks are tied to real weather readings in auto mode (not just link to a season variable or time of the date variable). Also, we are changing the lightning variables as you fly so EF can't be compared to shader addons where lightning is given (all light is passed hard-coded to the shader). Needless to say texture swaps on-the-fly, or the overcast/cloud framework features.

We are also ironing the bugs, so you will have noticed that with our existing Beta Team and the Insiders group we have fixed many bugs and there are some more fixes to come. We are also polishing the auto-mode algorithms.

What's next? Is to have a fully customize shader tool, for the ones who like to tweak. For the ones who like to fly, auto mode will have more robust algorithms which will improve the flying immersion.

For all of you who have interacted with us, I would like to thank you personally.

We will continue to listen to your suggestions.

Thanks

Federico

Question Fredirico about native HDR in P3D, does it need to be on for EF HDR to work, or can it work independently from P3D native HDR?

• Like 1

André

4 minutes ago, djbully said:

Weather smoothing (the top one) definitely improves the asp4 injections, they are more gradual rather than just popping up! 

The second option i leave unticked as I’m using historical weather in asp4 locked to sim time. This setting if ticked would override it with current weather. So that won’t work if you are using historical mode in asp4. 

I have all the other option ticked in full auto mode, and it works well for me. 

I read on the EF forums if you're not using real-time weather, you have to turn OFF Fog in the mini UI and click the option to recompile shaders to get low-level haze/fog. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Just now, awf said:

Question Fredirico about native HDR in P3D, does it need to be on for EF HDR to work, or can it work independently from P3D native HDR?

Yes, P3D HDR has to be on for EF HDR to work.

• Upvote 1

Federico Sucari

3 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

If you turn OFF HDR in EF your P3D HDR levels you can change and see like normal, once EF HDR  is on (unless this has changed in the new build) stoped P3D HRD setting having any effect or making changing them have no effect.

I hope EF HDR and why there is an OFF/ON button is because it works independently of P3D. Hence why you can turn OFF EF HDR?

No idea 🙂 

Make sense however was reading conflicting info...

André

Just now, Nyxx said:

I read on the EF forums if you're not using real-time weather, you have to turn OFF Fog in the mini UI and click the option to recompile shaders to get low-level haze/fog. 

See below David

• Like 1

André

Well, now we know. Back on it goes. 🙂 It might have been TS giving the green lights a white look.

Edited by Nyxx

Just now, Nyxx said:

Well, now we know. Back on it goes. 🙂 It might have been TS giving the green light a white look.

🤣 I don't use any shader tool beside EF to preserve all the details you see in our beloved VC 🙂

• Like 1

André

Good, for thin feather clouds that can't apply as they can not block the sunlight enough to show dark. Good examples what i mean are also on your profile pic.

• Upvote 2

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

3 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

Good, for thin feather clouds that can't apply as they can not block the sunlight enough to show dark. Good examples what i mean are also on your profile pic.

Yep I agree have a lot more examples what I would love to achieve in our Sim 😉

André

1 hour ago, pscharff said:

Then I wonder why there should be an option in EF to turn off HDR?

Patric

see the answer here in the topic from one of the devs...

André

@GSalden can you offer some insights about PTA as a reply to this post?

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

13 minutes ago, GEKtheReaper said:

@GSalden can you offer some insights about PTA as a reply to this post?

I already have in this thread .

Static values in P3D Shaders mean fixed values.

Expressions mean dynamically changing values depending on : time of day , precipitation level ( how much If there is any ) , terrain saturation/brightness depending on weather and altitude , reflection/refraction/saruration/brightness of watersurface depending on sunstrength , weather and angle ( from were you look downwards ) , bloom strength depending on time of day etc .

See https://simtweaks.com/support

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0