Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

FS9 now almost FSX

I've added Flight Environment, Ground Environment and just recently VOZ, and they have added so much to the environmental look of the sim. So now I wonder if FSX can be much better than what I have now. If Microsoft enhances the airports a lot and maybe does a lot with roads and traffic, then that's something to look forward to. Otherwise, I'm not expecting much of an improvement over what I now have. I hope I'm wrong.

Guest PaulWilliam

Hi, I noticed alot more details in FSX in screenshots, the ground resolution are better to any fs2004 addons out there, fs9 are limited to 256x256 blurrycartonish look at ground, fsx is clean with more details using 1024x1024 resolution will improve alot the lower and higher altitude. They have better mesh resolution and landclass world wide. See here http://blogs.technet.com/pixelpoke/archive.../21/417847.aspxUnless I am wrong, FSX is not only improving only the ground, they are using DirectX9 stuff etc not available in fs9 and I think there is alot of new information not revealed yet what's about these AI Traffic, Traffic control, effect, Autogen etc featureBestPaul

Guest Id Rather Be Flying

>I've added Flight Environment, Ground Environment and just>recently VOZ, and they have added so much to the environmental>look of the sim. So now I wonder if FSX can be much better>than what I have now. If Microsoft enhances the airports a>lot and maybe does a lot with roads and traffic, then that's>something to look forward to. Otherwise, I'm not expecting>much of an improvement over what I now have. I hope I'm>wrong. Let's see, even after your most cherished enhancements you still won't get the following:1. 1 meter per pixel or greater ground detail2. Self reflecting textures3. Moving traffic4. Dynamic worlds (Animals, Birds, Dolphins, Traffic)5. 5.1 Surround Sound6. Dark Blue sky at high altitude7. Improved ATC8. Reflective water9. Enhanced weather systems10. Completely redone Multi-Player system11. Moving airport facilities12. Self shadowing aircraft13. Wet pavement14. MAYBE you can get some feel of the New Mission based system with something like FS Cargo.15. All updated/new aircraft inventory16. Light bloomsThat's just the bits and pieces here and there presented so far as compared to what you can get with current FS9. If you like what you have then it will be THAT MUCH BETTER with FSX!Carmine http://forums.avsim.net/images/wave.gifhttp://img155.imageshack.us/img155/7118/phoenixtp8mg.jpg

And FSX is also a new platform to build upon. What we see in the screenshots now is just the beginning.Imagine, say 1,5 years from now, when the add on developers are really starting to discover all the possibilities, pure magic!

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.

Guest PC509

>And FSX is also a new platform to build upon. What we see in>the screenshots now is just the beginning.>Imagine, say 1,5 years from now, when the add on developers>are really starting to discover all the possibilities, pure>magic!>>I have to agree here. FSX out of the box is still greater than FS9 with all the addon's. At the same entry level price of FS9 (probably). I'm upgrading. With all those extra features, plus a mentioned much better SDK for the developers to work with... I bet it's less than 6 months before FSX looks 10x better than FS9. I'm not dissing FS9, it's wonderful in every way to me. But, FSX is greatly superior... So far from what we've seen anyway.And, with the newer SDK and editing tools, we should be able to pump out 3rd party add-ons very soon after launch! :)

Guest jrobert

>1. 1 meter per pixel or greater ground detail>2. Self reflecting textures>3. Moving traffic>4. Dynamic worlds (Animals, Birds, Dolphins, Traffic)>5. 5.1 Surround Sound>6. Dark Blue sky at high altitude>7. Improved ATC>8. Reflective water>9. Enhanced weather systems>10. Completely redone Multi-Player system>11. Moving airport facilities>12. Self shadowing aircraft>13. Wet pavement>14. MAYBE you can get some feel of the New Mission based>system with something like FS Cargo.>15. All updated/new aircraft inventory>16. Light bloomsLets not forget the ability to go higher than 100,000ft! ;)

Guest Bell206freak

Quote:++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Lets not forget the ability to go higher than 100,000ft! ;)++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++W3rd! I've been waiting for the removal of that 100,000-foot flight altitude cap for eons. Now that we have it, can we say Space Shuttle for Flight Simulator?I certainly can't wait!

Guest thedoggg

If you think FS9 is great with all these add ons imagine the add ons that will be created for FS10, then you can compare.

Guest Andre_Hedegaard

>I hope I'm wrong.Yep, you're wrong.........

FS9 is nearly three years old ;) I'll buy FSX as soon as it's released :)

Lets add the following to your list:1)better textures and more variety of textures. 2)Much higher res Mesh3)None repeating tiles at high altitudes!4)Better Autogen and Smarter Augtogen placement, (the trees line along the farms for example instead of springkled all over.)5)More land class types and more regional varieties6)Use of Bump Mapping to create, for example, rivets on aircraft!7)smarter road placement. Roads now hug the valleys and don't have steep impossible uphills/downhills8)Much better road network like USA Road. Also divided roads9)More detailed airports10)Increased scenery 11)Ultra light/soaring 12)Earth Curvature now visible at high altitutes!13)walk about viewing similar to Active Camera!14)detailed coast lines per UT!15)Sea Vessel AIs16)more photo realistic areas..well at least downtown seattle! lol17)Improved flight planner

Whoa! Where did you hear that FSX will allow over 100,000 foot flight???What's the ceiling in FSX then?Rhett

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest jrobert

>>Whoa! Where did you hear that FSX will allow over 100,000>foot flight???>>What's the ceiling in FSX then?>>>RhettI don't know much higher but it does looks to be a lot higher than 100,000 ft. (High enough to actually see the curvature of the Earth.) Here's the video demonstrating the terrain engine in FSX by Adam Szofran in his presentation about the Global Terrain Technology for Flight Simulation. http://download.microsoft.com/download/6/d.../spaceshot2.wmvAdam's article can be found here:http://www.fsinsider.com/articles/Global_T..._Technology.htm

Guest Foxtrot 125 Tango

>>I've added Flight Environment, Ground Environment and just>>recently VOZ, and they have added so much to the>environmental>>look of the sim. So now I wonder if FSX can be much better>>than what I have now. If Microsoft enhances the airports a>>lot and maybe does a lot with roads and traffic, then that's>>something to look forward to. Otherwise, I'm not expecting>>much of an improvement over what I now have. I hope I'm>>wrong. >>Let's see, even after your most cherished enhancements you>still won't get the following:>>1. 1 meter per pixel or greater ground detail>2. Self reflecting textures>3. Moving traffic>4. Dynamic worlds (Animals, Birds, Dolphins, Traffic)>5. 5.1 Surround Sound>6. Dark Blue sky at high altitude>7. Improved ATC>8. Reflective water>9. Enhanced weather systems>10. Completely redone Multi-Player system>11. Moving airport facilities>12. Self shadowing aircraft>13. Wet pavement>14. MAYBE you can get some feel of the New Mission based>system with something like FS Cargo.>15. All updated/new aircraft inventory>16. Light blooms>>That's just the bits and pieces here and there presented so>far as compared to what you can get with current FS9. If you>like what you have then it will be THAT MUCH BETTER with FSX!>>Carmine http://forums.avsim.net/images/wave.gif>http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/7118/phoenixtp8mg.jpgMay I also add to the list:17. Little or NO Stutters / Better Performance.;-) Regards, Mark.