Jump to content

williebarry1

Low FPS on approach

Recommended Posts

I get good fps in the air and on the ground but once i am on approach to the airport they drop about 10-20 fps. With default and payware airports.

Share this post


Link to post

No question, no information about the hardware you use, the resolution, the addons you use, no relation to what this "10-20 FPS drop" is based on, nothing. How should anyone be able to help you here?

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, AnkH said:

No question, no information about the hardware you use, the resolution, the addons you use, no relation to what this "10-20 FPS drop" is based on, nothing. How should anyone be able to help you here?

Windows 10 Home 64-bit

i9-9900k  

RTX2070 

Active Sky for P3D V4 

REX Environment Force

PMDG 747 

1920x1080

Share this post


Link to post

Ok, this is a start. Now please give some information about what those FPS drop from. Do they drop from 60 to 40-50? From 100 to 80-90? And what do you consider "low FPS"? 10? 20? 30?

As a matter of fact, there will always be a drop on approach, as this is basically the most demanding situation for your computer, when the airport is almost totally in sight with all the details.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Ok, this is a start. Now please give some information about what those FPS drop from. Do they drop from 60 to 40-50? From 100 to 80-90? And what do you consider "low FPS"? 10? 20? 30?

As a matter of fact, there will always be a drop on approach, as this is basically the most demanding situation for your computer, when the airport is almost totally in sight with all the details.

In the air the steady 50-60 and once i'm about 5 miles out from the airport they drop to about 30-35 fps. The fps go back to around 40-50 once i'm parked.

Edited by williebarry1

Share this post


Link to post

What AI traffic program, if any?  As a test, disable all AIs and do the same flight, to see if you still get any FPS drop.

Share this post


Link to post

If you are getting a steady 30-35 fps on approach to your most detailed airports, then there is nothing to worry about.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, williebarry1 said:

In the air the steady 50-60 and once i'm about 5 miles out from the airport they drop to about 30-35 fps. The fps go back to around 40-50 once i'm parked.

Nothing wrong with these numbers. But better not to focus on fps numbers ... It is all about smoothness imo. You can get a fluid approach even with 18-20 fps but also stuttery landings with 25 and more fps. Many variables go into this equation.

Edited by Nemo

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, windycloud said:

What AI traffic program, if any?  As a test, disable all AIs and do the same flight, to see if you still get any FPS drop.

No ai traffic was used during the flight, but it also happened with ai.

Share this post


Link to post
55 minutes ago, Nemo said:

Nothing wrong with these numbers. But better not to focus on fps numbers ... It is all about smoothness imo. You can get a fluid approach even with 18-20 fps but also stuttery landings with 25 and more fps. Many variables go into this equation.

This only started happening in the last few weeks.

Share this post


Link to post

And what did you change in the last few weeks. Honestly, it sounds a bit unfriendly, but if we have to pull each and every piece of information out of your nose, it is extremly difficult to pinpoint your issue. My guess: the lower FPS appeared when you installed REX Environment Force. Other users also noted lower FPS with REX EF. I am not aware about the solution to this, but I am sure somebody here knows more about REX EF and potential FPS impact.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, AnkH said:

And what did you change in the last few weeks. Honestly, it sounds a bit unfriendly, but if we have to pull each and every piece of information out of your nose, it is extremly difficult to pinpoint your issue. My guess: the lower FPS appeared when you installed REX Environment Force. Other users also noted lower FPS with REX EF. I am not aware about the solution to this, but I am sure somebody here knows more about REX EF and potential FPS impact.

Yeah it probably is REX EF. That is newest program i have installed. I will test later without REX EF.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Nemo said:

not to focus on fps numbers ... It is all about smoothness

Spot on. I can never figure when I read any number of posts here from simmers obsessed with FPS figures when the crux is all about how smooth is a plane in the skies or if on the ground taxi-ing, etc, etc.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...