Sign in to follow this  
Guest Foxtrot 125 Tango

Is ACES Planning a Booth at Oshkosh The Year?

I'm making my first trip to the EAA fly-in at Oshkosh this year and was curious if any of the FSX team will be there. It would be privilege to shake the hand of some of those who've contributed so much to such an awesome hobby!DougDell XPS Gen3 (3.6GHz/800FSB) | 2GB DDR SDRAM | 74GB SATA, 10k RPM (C: ) | 120GB SATA (D: ) | 256MB ATI Radeon X800 XT (Catalyst 6.3) | Audigy 2 ZS Sound | MS Force Feedback 2 | WindowsXP Pro (SP2) | DirectX 9.0c

Guest tdragger

I have a feeling you'll have some folks to say hello to. Probably not me, though (not working on FS any more).

Sorry to hear you won't be there Mike. As for moving on to your new opportunity, your witty, nuanced answers here on this board will be dearly missed :) And thanks for all the passion you've pumped into this product over the past several years!DougDell XPS Gen3 (3.6GHz/800FSB) | 2GB DDR SDRAM | 74GB SATA, 10k RPM (C: ) | 120GB SATA (D: ) | 256MB ATI Radeon X800 XT (Catalyst 5.13) | Audigy 2 ZS Sound | MS Force Feedback 2 | WindowsXP Pro (SP2) | DirectX 9.0c

A while back he said, on his blog, that he will be heading a new project at ACES. But I didn't think that he had already moved on! :( They should have at least waited for FSX's completion!

I agree, it would of been nice (and always is) to see it through to release, but I guess the opportunites to develop new and different products will never stop and run on different schedules :-)

Guest tdragger

Thanks. As time allows I'll poke my nose in but as soon as we can hire a replacement you'll probably see less of me.

>Thanks. As time allows I'll poke my nose in but as soon as we>can hire a replacement you'll probably see less of me.In that case, please make one of the "job requirements" be that he/she keep us updated and entertained at lease as much as you have! ;)

Guest grapesh

Mike:Is it a secret what kind of project you are going to be involved in? Is it related to FS somehow? ( I'd understand if you can't tell though )=S.V.=

Guest tango_d

Hi Mike,Very sad to hear you're off doing other things. Have always looked forward to your musings and quips on FSX.Very best wishes with whatever it is you're off to do. Be sure to look us all up here when you can !!Have to say BIG thanks to you and the team for everything you do / have done for us on Flight Sim, past, present and future.....Best RegardsEddy Nichol(North Wales - UK)

His exact words on his blog are:"And if that weren't enough, after almost 5 years working on Flight Simulator I've been asked to head up another project in the studio. That means finding my replacement and getting them up to speed on FSX. (Did I mention we're hiring?) Busy, indeed."So it's still in the ACES studio, but apparently not FSX related. Could still be aviation related, though? (CFS?).Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Guest tdragger

Of course it's a secret but I can say it has nothing to do with FS (of any variety).

Mike, I've got to say that I've thoroughly enjoyed your "Alan Greenspan" type comments on this forum and really appreciate what appears to be an MS Flightsim manager with a passion for aviation and a dedication on your part to really make MSFS as good as it can be. For my own selfish benefit and that of others on this forum, I hope you don't find a replacement until after the "holiday of 2006" ( with no salary impact, of course :)). Speaking of which, I'd like to mention that wasn't FS9 released shortly after the Oshkosh air venture show, one of the greatest aviation holidays of the year?I know these forums can be demanding at times, but we do appreciate the efforts on FSX and the dialogue provided by you and your whole team. Really looking forward to FSX.Ted

Mike definitely has a passion for aviation, but now he's training for a new job. At least he'll still be in the ACES Studio and the FS team members will still make tracks to his office for his aviation expertise. Even though he's a program manager, he still makes a pretty good engineer who gets his hands in the code from time to time.-Adam

Guest Foxtrot 125 Tango

>Thanks. As time allows I'll poke my nose in but as soon as we>can hire a replacement you'll probably see less of me.I'm disappointed to hear you are leaving Microsoft. I've enjoyed all your posts and certainly appreciate the tremendous contributions that you have made with FSX and the MS Flight Simulator products that I enjoy. I wish you well in your new endevours! Don't forget us. ;) Regards,Mark.

Guest tdragger

Never in my wildest dreams did I think I'd ever be compared to Alan Greenspan. Thanks, I think...

Ted Striker is right in his post above. Surely the forum interaction will increase sales of FSX. The forums may be a small % of FS users, but I know a few people who don't participate in the online community all that much, but they will buy FSX if I tell them about it...Rhett