Sign in to follow this  
Guest mtom

New interview with ACES...

Guest alex333

Thanks very much for sharing the information :)It seems there are some new screenshots, too - at least I had not seen those before.Greetz from GermanyAlex

Guest skruer

Great with some new information. I still hope that FSX will be a gameplay upgrade more than a graphics upgrade. I would rather have the ATC working like in real life with real instructions, than more polygons on my plane. I hope that there will be some connection between the missions in FSX. Single missions like in FS9 seems more like learning mission and frankly have no point.

Little, if any, new information there. It's hard to separate the actual input from ACES from the personal opinion of the author. IMNSHO, it is, all-in-all, a pretty poor effort for an "exclusive". Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Guest JoJoDawg

Great shots. Love the closeup of the water looks very nice.Also love the overhead shot of the 747(no blurries).I found this tidbit interesting for all the fighter simmers."But, with FS2004 developers already creating gun, bomb release, explosion and ejection seat effects now; we expect the new FSX SDK may have a few surprises in store for those who want a realistic combat flightsim experience. Never say never."Is it May yet? Come on E3....

I agree. Unfortunately, fs.com's "articles" seem to be based on nothing but conjecture and innuendo. Reminds me of their "review" of the FSX announcement. I've never seen so much pulled from so little.

Guest tdragger

Oh, you can probably say never. ;)

Thank you, thank you, thank you. - Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Guest mtom

Hi all.Can someone please explain what a 'dual core' system is? This is noted as essential hardware for FSX:"if you're an early adopter and want to run FSX full-throttle from day 1, get your dual core system now. If you don't need a new system, and have a 3 GHz Pentium 4 or the AMD equivalent and at least 1-2 GB of high speed memory and a reasonably fast hard drive, you'll be good-to-go on FSX release day."There's some debate about requisite hardware. It'd be nice to know what's needed.Cheers,Matthew.

>Hi all.>>Can someone please explain what a 'dual core' system is? This>is noted as essential hardware for FSX:>>"if you're an early adopter and want to run FSX full-throttle>from day 1, get your dual core system now. If you don't need a>new system, and have a 3 GHz Pentium 4 or the AMD equivalent>and at least 1-2 GB of high speed memory and a reasonably fast>hard drive, you'll be good-to-go on FSX release day.">>There's some debate about requisite hardware. It'd be nice to>know what's needed.>>Cheers,>Matthew.Dual core is basically two CPUs squezzed together onto one chip. They can share the workload thus working faster than a single core chip.The latest generation of chips all use this dual core two cpu system.They are still expensive, but as with all PC hardware the prices are coming down rapidly as each new slighter faster chips pushes the others further back down the price scale.'Dual core' is just technical voodoo jargon for saying 'the latest bigger faster chip'.

Guest skruer

No.Wait a while upgrading your hardware until november when FSX is released. Many technologies will first be on the market on that time. Also look out for DirectX10 compatible graphicscards, which FSX may or may not support (I think it will support DX10).A single core processor is what almost everybody has for now. Dualcore will replace most single core processors. The CELL chip which is used in Playstation3 has 9 cores. Intel and AMD will be on the market with multi core processors in Q3-Q4 2006, so hang in there.

Guest Bottle

>>Oh, you can probably say never. ;)>>I'll take that as a NO, we won't se any support for any type>of combat scenario. BUMMER, had my hopes up for a second.>>>Regards, Michael>KDFW>>http://www.calvirair.com/mcpics/mcdcvabanner.jpg>CalVirAir InternationalIt would make very good business sense not to include guns, etc. with FSX is you are also planning on a new version of Combat Flight Simulator.....Personally I'd prefer the latter rather than bolt it on to FSX. But if they do revamp CFS, let's pray they look at Oleg Maddox's Forgotten Battles and learn from it.

>It would make very good business sense not to include guns,>etc. with FSX is you are also planning on a new version of>Combat Flight Simulator.....Personally I'd prefer the latter>rather than bolt it on to FSX. But if they do revamp CFS,>let's pray they look at Oleg Maddox's Forgotten Battles and>learn from it.I would prefer the later as well, but that was not the question, I was responding to what was alluded in the article. The point was that there might be the ability to have some type of combat scenario (damage profiles/hit points?) with 3rd party programming via the SDK, which many would love to have. This way it could be implemented not as a feature of the stock FS (since some have their panties in a wad over this) but as an addon and this would make good business sense as it would increase the market for FS.Yes, I have the whole IL2-PF series and they rock. the only thing that kept them from being spectacular was 3rd party support. Regards, MichaelKDFWhttp://www.calvirair.com/mcpics/mcdcvabanner.jpgCalVirAir International

Best, Michael

KDFW