Sign in to follow this  
Wise87

New 9900KS, 5.0Ghz all cores

4 minutes ago, mikeymike said:

I doubt it very much that it’ll be the same 

price as the k or KF

i think it will be 600 US dollars at release.

It's always been known that the 9900ks will carry a price premium for its 5GHz all-core boost clocks and cherry picked silicon dies, the question is: how much of a premium?  I can go down to my local Micro Center and pickup a 9900k for $450 right now.  Would it surprise me if the 9900ks costs $600 at launch?  Not really.  Is it worth it?  That's up to you.  If these chips all overclock to well over 5GHz, it might well be worthwhile, especially for flight sim which is notoriously dependent upon CPU clockspeed for performance.

1 hour ago, TechguyMaxC said:

It's always been known that the 9900ks will carry a price premium for its 5GHz all-core boost clocks and cherry picked silicon dies, the question is: how much of a premium?  I can go down to my local Micro Center and pickup a 9900k for $450 right now.  Would it surprise me if the 9900ks costs $600 at launch?  Not really.  Is it worth it?  That's up to you.  If these chips all overclock to well over 5GHz, it might well be worthwhile, especially for flight sim which is notoriously dependent upon CPU clockspeed for performance.

Yeah wow I just looked at the micro center in st louis park....300 bucks for a 9700K and 450 for the 9900k....whew...  8700k oem for 250 nice!

Edited by ryanbatcund

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Well what’s the diff between the i9 9900k and overclocking it yourself to cores at 5ghz say 1.3v at maybe at most.

and a KS out of the box running all cores at 1.3v? 

Dont get it 

Edited by mikeymike

On 5/30/2019 at 7:15 AM, DescendDescend said:

Ditto. 5.2 on air all cores, HT off. Single fan on Noctua. Temps 75C. Volts 1.3.

That's impressive. My 8700K lives at 5.0 and it never caps 85 on water but I also have the PC in a warmer than usual room.

Keep the blue part on top...

Ryzen 7800x3D | ASUS Rog Strix B650E-F | MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X | 64GB DDR5 6000Mhz RAM | 2x Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | 2x Samsung 850 SSD | NZXT Kraken x72 Cooler | EVGA 1000 PSU

KS 4ghz base min clock 5ghz all cores and threads , K 4.6ghz base 5ghz single core boost will overclock dependent on silicone lottery, wait and see how high the testers push the KS on AIO Cooler better silicone, Intel slashing prices on new product launches.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

5 hours ago, rjfry said:

KS 4ghz base min clock 5ghz all cores and threads , K 4.6ghz base 5ghz single core boost will overclock dependent on silicone lottery, wait and see how high the testers push the KS on AIO Cooler better silicone, Intel slashing prices on new product launches.

Ya but what would be the base v core for all cores at 5ghz?

Edited by mikeymike

21 hours ago, mikeymike said:

Well what’s the diff between the i9 9900k and overclocking it yourself to cores at 5ghz say 1.3v at maybe at most.

and a KS out of the box running all cores at 1.3v? 

Dont get it 

There really isn't a difference between those two scenarios.

The issue is that Intel is now binning (testing chips for clockspeed capability during the manufacturing process) their best 9900k chips to sell as 9900ks.  It may be hard to find a 9900k that has the capabilities you describe now.  Quite literally all of these chips made in the last 6 months or so may be getting stockpiled for 9900ks launch.  Hence why it's taking so long since the announcement until actual product availability.  

Edited by TechguyMaxC

14 hours ago, rjfry said:

dependent on silicone lottery

Sorry, but this is a pet peeve. You don't need the "E".

Silicon Valley and Silicone Valley are both in California, but there the similarities end.

Cheers!

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

4 hours ago, Luke said:

Sorry, but this is a pet peeve. You don't need the "E".

Silicon Valley and Silicone Valley are both in California, but there the similarities end.

Cheers!

Yeeeeaaaaatttthhhh, but it's California, and having grown up there I can tell you it just doesn't mattet. LMAO!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Just wait till the testers get hold of the CPU, should not be long now they may already have them but until the embargo on testing is lifted we will not know.

Raymond Fry.

You may want to check here before purchasing your CPU.

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

8 hours ago, pgde said:

You may want to check here before purchasing your CPU.

We have one here in the UK overclockers 8pack will build you a PC OC`d , or supply you with binned CPU of your choice.

Raymond Fry.

20 hours ago, Ricardo Andrada said:

Will z370 motherboards support it?
The Asrock page already contains the z390 compatible with the 9900ks CPU.
But the z370 not yet.

It is your motherboard manufacturer's choice to provide an update that will support any new CPU that is released.  If you want to know the answer to this question, you should reach out to Asrock support.