Sign in to follow this  
Noooch

What We Want (Part 1)

I agree. I enjoyed the ones in FSX and Flight. Maybe aerocaches too. 😁

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

44 minutes ago, 188AHC said:

I agree. I enjoyed the ones in FSX and Flight. Maybe aerocaches too. 😁

Personally I was not a huge fan of the Aerocache system in flight. If they add it, I hope they make it a separate mode or add it into a mission rather than have it in the open world via "Free Flight". I could see many people complaining that it would be an immersion breaker, but I really enjoy how the microsoft series of sims hasn't been JUST free flight because it creates more things to do if you get bored doing sim things!😁

it's stranger, no one is talking about two huge functionalities. First: multiplayer. We know that multiplayer will probably be part of the project because is part of the Xbox games. But for us it has a peculiar importance. It will be easy to activate as in the old FSX? The second, even more relevant: shared cockpit. I am managing the virtual flying school of the Italian Virtual Pilots Association; for us the the sharing of the commands with trainer airplanes (as C172) is a relevant opportunity to bring more people to the virtual flying world. Also this was an FSX feature. What about MSFS?

- Weather forecast:

If real-live weather will be available, I think we should know before setting up a flight, what the weather will be, at destination, but also on route.

Active Sky provides a map with filters, which is great to visualise all you need at once. It even provides a full briefing based on your flightplan.

With XEnviro however, you have to wait to be in your cockpit to access an ATIS for the closest airports. So if you want to see the weather you will be facing at destination for exemple, you have to go on the internet and hope XEnviro will depict the same, which is currently not. I am not even mentionning on-route weather.

For the new MSFS, it would be perfect to access a weather window like a map with filters before choosing our departure and destination, where you can see precise weather for now and in a few hours, and then, after setting up your flight plan, access a full briefing of what weather you will actually face once in the air.

- Flight planning:

As many simmers, I am using Simbrief to generate my OFP, which is simple and as realistic as possible. Please make it possible to drag and drop the flight plan from Simbrief int to MSFS!

Edited by Noooch

- Time acceleration in-flight. I know it's not realistic but that's the only way for some of us to make middle or long-haul flights. (Don't know how we will manage the streaming, maybe with minimal resolution and no weather injection?)

4 hours ago, Noooch said:

If real-live weather will be available, I think we should know before setting up a flight, what the weather will be, at destination, but also on route

But you can already do what real pilots do and check it online before you start your planning. As long as the sim uses actual weather data, this would be the most realistic way to do it.

• Upvote 2

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

I am probably late to the game, that’s what comes to my mind:

When starting to use XP 11 I was amazed to see how well the out-of-the-box GNS 530 is working.  There’s a lot more functionality than with the standard ESP GNS. You can use a stored flightplan and a direct-to without losing any points. There is a pretty well G1000 out of the box, too. They both have SIDs and STARs selectable

Their UI has a resume last flight button which I find practical to use. The new flight button also brings up the last aircraft and selected airport/airport near last position, which I like, compared to the default flight in ESP.

Possibility to set up different profiles for using the joysticks/controllers e.g. prop vs jet etc.

Possibility to select/ deselect the use of sloped runways.

Saving the flight.

The platform should take advantage of modern multicore CPUs and powerful GPUs.

Reasonably updated navigation and variation data and airports.

Edited by longrangecruise
  • Like 1

Regards, Perry

One of the great things about XP11 is that the community creates so many great airports and other add-ons.  But, keeping them up-to-date is very time-consuming.  So much so that I recently went back to just using mostly default airports as they are updated when the sim is updated and new ones are automatically added as well.

In MSFS, if there is to be community-created content, I'd like to see a system like what exists in Steam where community-created mods are updated within the program itself.  Of course, I would hope that this would be true for any add-ons that are purchased as well. 

More time flying - less time updating, configuring and tweaking!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

36 minutes ago, vortex681 said:

But you can already do what real pilots do and check it online before you start your planning. As long as the sim uses actual weather data, this would be the most realistic way to do it.

As I said what you see online and how the sim renders it may vary drastically (ex: XEnviro)

- Imagine a place, either on MSFS official website or in-sim, where we could build or own airport buildings, and then inject it into the sim.

The gateway system in xplane is great but all the buildings look the same, the "lego bricks" are too big.

So the bricks could be much smaller, like in a construction game, where we could select the material, the texture of each wall with PBR applied to it, the color of an apron, another for that taxiway, another for that door for example, build your own control tower, different window sizes for the buildings... and this library could be completed in time with constant updates...

This may provide a great amount of stunning UGC airports for free!

What do you think about it?

Edited by Noooch

52 minutes ago, Noooch said:

As I said what you see online and how the sim renders it may vary drastically (ex: XEnviro)

That's just a function of that particular add-on (and weather generally in XP). There are plenty of add-ons for FSX and P3D that do a good job of portraying current, real-world weather.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

8 minutes ago, vortex681 said:

That's just a function of that particular add-on (and weather generally in XP). There are plenty of add-ons for FSX and P3D that do a good job of portraying current, real-world weather.

I hope this will be the case.

In summary, we want to have the preparation and the flight as realistic as possible. we all just differ in the way we fly. I personally am a long distance pilot. In the "playtime", I want to feel as realistic as possible as a pilot. with possible unpredictable problems during a flight in terms of weather or systems.and if there is a good SDK, I am very optimistic.

Edited by Pitbull2504