Sign in to follow this  
ca_metal

July 25 Update with video

3 minutes ago, Krakin said:

That could mean a lot of things including them getting confirmation from someone on the inside.

Or just as likely mean they are trying to read tea leaves like the rest of us and know nothing from the inside.

I highly doubt anyone who's actually been reached out to and/or is working with MS would say anything publicly (in either direction).  

"Mum's the word" is most likely from anyone actually working with MS here.

Edited by irrics
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Krakin said:

That could mean a lot of things including them getting confirmation from someone on the inside.

As Irrics said it's just a guess (maybe with some developer's insight, but still a guess) probably as people with real information are under a NDA and wouldn't be talking about it openly like that.

• Upvote 1

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

They are pointing for future sales (probably a marketing strategy).

But honestly, we don't even know how scenery will looks like (apart from KLAX, and its completely different from the airport of the storm scene. KLAX has its custom buildings and the other one just a couple of autogen buildings). I think it's too soon to start thinking in 3rd party scenery yet. At least until we know something else about how the sim will be...

Edited by aleex

Honestly, as long as it leads to actual improvement regarding sceneries they can use any format and technology they want.

But if using a "less recent" tech helps them port over old sceneries, well, i have no interest in those at all.

New sim, new things. That's how i think. For older things there are working simulators (P3D, XP, etc etc) i can still use. What i want is a jump forward, what i want is something new not a new mass switch like there was from FS9 to FSX or even a better example from FSX to P3D.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

Beautiful stuff ... the video and the responses to the community.

I was in Flight beta so I hope I get into the Insider builds.

I'm a Commercial Pilot and these days, a Senior Software Engineer.   Whoever is writing this simulator, are you hiring?  😁

• Like 3

How long does a BETA test last?

2020 is long. Would Spring 2020 be realistic for official Release Date?

Edited by Pitbull2504

what do you expect for information on Thursday 8.8? 

1 hour ago, Pitbull2504 said:

what do you expect for information on Thursday 8.8? 

August (Early/Mid) – Insider Program kickoff

- First batch of content for the Insider Program members is being prepared for delivery:

- Advanced preview of the Development Roadmap

- “In-Sim” content – clips captured from build.

- Preview Build Program – Detailed information on first build deliverable, Insider participation sign-up

That's what they said on their last announcement, for early august that's what we should expect.

Edited by ca_metal
  • Upvote 1

Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

this is announced for early or mid-August. But not explicitly for the 8.8! For the 8.8 they have just announced an update, as a reminder fsx logo.

August 8th is early august, so they will share something along those lines. I wouldn't expect anything outside of those subjects above.

Edited by ca_metal
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, ashepherd316 said:

looks like p3d will be dead when this comes out.

I don’t think so. 🤨

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

On 7/28/2019 at 4:50 PM, pracines said:

And to truly be a success the features would have to exceed or at least attempt to exceed FSX/P3D/XP with popular add-ons.

Paul you continue to push the MSFS should be better than what we have line and that is completely unfair on Microsoft. They are building a platform to support the future of flight simming which itself could be considered quite a daunting task!

To be compared to dedicated add-on's which have in some cases been decades in the making is unrealistic. Most of us are sensible to realise that we want a platform which doesn't inhibit the wonderful progress the community has made with scenery and aircraft over the last 15 years or so and it's clear from recent posts Microsoft are only to well aware so lets cut out this nonsence of unrealistic expectations and try and build an open dialog with Microsoft so that the platform is as open and accessible to the content developer and consumers alike with the highest standard of core features Flight Simulator has been known for throughout it's history.

• Like 3

Okay Microsoft, I'm ready for the new August update.  You can go ahead and post it now, thanks!!!  😎

• Like 4