Sign in to follow this  
737Andi

FSLabs ATSU questions

Hello,

I have 2 questions regarding the new FSLabs ATSU menu.

1) What does "INTS" stand for in the Performance Request section?

2) I'm always getting the message "Fuel report missing". Does anyone know what I need to do in order to avoid this? I have ordered the fuel and the fuel was delivered accordingly.

Thanks!

Regards Andi

8 minutes ago, 737Andi said:

Hello,

2) I'm always getting the message "Fuel report missing". Does anyone know what I need to do in order to avoid this? I have ordered the fuel and the fuel was delivered accordingly.

Thanks!

Regards Andi

There is very-well written ATSU step-by-step manual that comes with the package. I'd suggest to read it first.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 737Andi said:

Hello,

Thanks!

Regards Andi

1) Intersection Takeoff

2) On the FUEL Page fill in VOLUME to match UPLINK and press FUEL REPORT SEND

... and read the manual 😉

Additionally I recommend this Blackbox711-video:

Edited by RALF9636
  • Upvote 1

Just note that there is an error in the uplink calculation for the fuel report given in the ATSU manual. It should say to divide the mass by the density (0.8 kg/l) to get the volume uploaded (in litres).

Randy

Edit: The amount shown in the ATSU manual is wrong (volume) and has been corrected in the aircraft. So, disregard what I said above and multiply the volume (what you are given by the fuel tender) by the density (0.8 kg/l), to get the mass. 😀

Edited by RRVyper
Correction

It would be helpful if someone posted a walkthrough! 😉

If only!

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

David, see here.

I am thinking that the fuel report page is not right. Although I have never refueled or flown an A3xx, it would seem to me that you would receive the fuel qty in litres from the fuel tender, then calculate the mass to ensure it matches the expected final fuel on board. Am I missing something??

Apparently the manual is wrong but the aircraft is corrected. 😄

Post above corrected.

Edited by RRVyper
Updated info.

56 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

If only!

Based on the video by Blackbox711 and my own experiences, I have created a checklist for ATSU only. It can be found here.

Cheers!

David Haynes

58 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

If only!

If only anybody would take a look at your signature.... 🙂

1 hour ago, RALF9636 said:

If only anybody would take a look at your signature.... 🙂

🙂 

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

We had a new promoted skipper in Luton once at Easyjet. From memory I think they were doing a Luton- Faro. Eggw to lpfr

The flightplanning system Lido ran him a flightplan with zero payload (a system glitch) and then uploaded it as normal to the portal for the crew to print off downstairs in the crew room. 

Crew prints out the flightplan with zero payload (empty flight)  and then puts on completely the wrong amount of fuel (about 9 tonnes less) they take off from Luton then 30 mins later a rather embrassed skipper diverts to Bordeaux (lfbd) with low fuel and calls us in ops to many gasps of 'how the hell'.   And 'no bloody way'  

I believe they downranked him back Down to senior first officer after that. Poor bugger.  He took it on the chin and didnt try and throw the dispatcher under the bus  or claim fatigue, which most skippers would do

Halcyon days, I'm so glad I don't do short Haul ops any more 

Edited by fluffyflops
  • Like 1

14ppkc-6.png

11 hours ago, Nyxx said:

If only!

if you look at avsim on a mobile you cant see the sigs

14ppkc-6.png

59 minutes ago, fluffyflops said:

if you look at avsim on a mobile you cant see the sigs

True, but its even been deemed good enough to get a sticky in their General forum. You would hope people would read ask a question on FSL Forums just as much as here.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Nyxx said:

If only!

giphy.gif

It must have been late. 😄

• Like 2

On 8/3/2019 at 6:42 AM, fluffyflops said:

We had a new promoted skipper in Luton once at Easyjet. From memory I think they were doing a Luton- Faro. Eggw to lpfr

The flightplanning system Lido ran him a flightplan with zero payload (a system glitch) and then uploaded it as normal to the portal for the crew to print off downstairs in the crew room. 

Crew prints out the flightplan with zero payload (empty flight)  and then puts on completely the wrong amount of fuel (about 9 tonnes less) they take off from Luton then 30 mins later a rather embrassed skipper diverts to Bordeaux (lfbd) with low fuel and calls us in ops to many gasps of 'how the hell'.   And 'no bloody way'  

I believe they downranked him back Down to senior first officer after that. Poor bugger.  He took it on the chin and didnt try and throw the dispatcher under the bus  or claim fatigue, which most skippers would do

Halcyon days, I'm so glad I don't do short Haul ops any more 

This doesn't make sense to me. Not reviewing the OFP properly and missing the "ZERO PAYLOAD" in capital letters in the remarks section is tenuous but I could hypothetically imagine. But the correct ZFW would have been entered into the MCDU from the (correctly filled with xxx pax + cargo weight on it) loadsheet. The FMGC has a fuel planning facility where it works out the required block fuel taking into account the ZFW, the winds, the routing and the CNR, when you enter these figures it makes the calculations in the background. Unless this was years ago and there's been an FMGC upgrade since I don't know about the FMGC would word not allowed itself about insufficient block fuel with the EFOB figure being amber from the get go. No one could fail to notice that. 

Also, "about 9 tonnes less". UK-FAO even on a full 320 into a headwind and 5% contingency is roughly 9 tonnes plog fuel so in other words the accusation is he'd taken empty tanks.

This sounds like a bit of crewing embellishment to me. Saying that, it might have legs if it was actually a BCN or PMI or similar, something much shorter than a FAO.

Definitely interested in hearing more of your OCC dits though, feel free to PM!