Sign in to follow this  
Baber20

What Aircrafts do you want ?

Since MSFS Devs are surfing this forum, I thought it'd be a great opportunity to let them know which aircrafts we want in the release version. Personally I want a well modeled A350 & 773ER. Not super detailed systems wise. Basic options will do. What about you guys?

Edited by Baber20

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive

I fly very little that have "Basic Options".  Give me super detailed systems  as much as possible.  I've actually never flown a default aircraft since I started buying aircraft addons back around 2006.  My first was the Level D 767.

If FS2020 doesn't have GA and airliners with detailed realistic systems (study?), I probably won't even use it.

• Upvote 3

30 minutes ago, Baber20 said:

Since MSFS Devs are surfing this forum, I thought it'd be a great opportunity to let them know which aircrafts we want in the release version. Personally I want a well modeled A350 & 773ER. Not super detailed systems wise. Basic options will do. What about you guys?

I have to mention that I will only fly with deep simulation. I'm not assuming that Microsoft will have these in standard aircrafts. But for the future, I hope for a very realistic A350.

56 minutes ago, Baber20 said:

OMG please NO MS don't waste any precious development resources on aircraft development!

Instead MS should licence a variety of aircraft from 3rd party developers for inclusion in the sim.

MS should focus it's time and resources on the "low-level" internals of the sim to make FS2020 a worthy successor to FSX/P3D.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Matthew S

19 minutes ago, MatthewS said:

OMG please NO MS don't waste any precious development resources on aircraft development!

Instead MS should licence a variety of aircraft from 3rd party developers for inclusion in the sim.

MS should focus it's time and resources on the "low-level" internals of the sim to make FS2020 a worthy successor to FSX/P3D.

We do not even know who is involved in the development today. Maybe external developers are already working on aircrafts, who knows?

20 minutes ago, MatthewS said:

OMG please NO.  MS should give as much as possible with the default.  Not everyone is willing to go out and spend a small fortune on extra stuff, and how long will it be before 3D party devs are able to provide anything?

• Like 6

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

2 minutes ago, MatthewS said:

Exactly. It takes a team of developers years to master just one high fidelity plane. Not even MS have unlimited resources. They gotta focus tunnel vision on core features: Realistic arerodynamics, Ray traced planes/cockpits, fmod sounds, high fps, volumetric clouds, smooth weather transitions, next gen online and offline ATC/traffic combined, moving people, walk mode, drive to airport, sloped runways, seamless multiplayer / vatsim support, optimized scenery loading/level of detail, solid hardware support, tools for aircraft and scenery development, online repository of user contributed assets and completed airports/aircraft, navigraph support and finally open support for 3rd party plugins and mods.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I'd love to see a Lake Renegade come with FS2020 but I know this won't be happening.

Luckily it is coming with an Icon A5 which is a similar aircraft, and I'm looking very forward to trying it out.  I've never flown an Icon A5 yet (neither virtually nor in real life).

An Icon came with Flight.  At one point, Flight had been hacked so all content was made available for free (after MS had abandoned it.)  I haven't looked to see if ti's still out there.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

1 hour ago, andyjohnston.net said:

OMG please NO.  MS should give as much as possible with the default.  Not everyone is willing to go out and spend a small fortune on extra stuff, and how long will it be before 3D party devs are able to provide anything?

OMG read what I said... "MS should licence a variety of aircraft from 3rd party developers for inclusion in the sim"

• Upvote 1

Matthew S

I'd like to see a thoughtful variety of airplanes which expand the pool of available tasks and activities available to virtual pilots. I'd like to see:

Helicopters with the ability to sling load various objects, hoist personnel, etc.

Any VSTOL/STOVL platform, such that the game engine natively supports vectored thrust so 3PDs dont have to use hacks to simulate aircraft like the Raptor/Osprey/etc.

Float planes (and land planes) with the ability to load and dispense water or agent for fire fighting purposes.

Mothership aircraft from which other other aircraft can be launched, such as a B-52 carrying the X-15, or LauncherOne (B747) carrying a satellite delivery vehicle.

Cargo aircraft with the ability to airdrop payloads, like a C-130 or C-17 dropping paratroopers and palletized cargo.

Most of this things can be faked in FSX, like using the terrible effects system to make it look like an airplane is dropping water, but the game engine itself doesn't recognize that you're putting water on a fire for purpose of extinguishing it. It's just half-baked at best.

I'd like to see full native support for some of the many tasks accomplished across the civil aviation industry.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MatthewS said:

This...I don't think I used a stock aircraft in 5 years. Focus on a solid API so other can do more. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, MatthewS said:

I doubt it's zero-sum. MS probably has in-house game asset developers who are not qualified to work on the core engine, but they could build aircraft as a way to test the engine and the development tools, develop workflows, guidelines and SDK documentation, or produce development samples for the SDK. If some models turn out well they might be part of the base game content. Leaving all that to external developers may well slow things down as compared to working with an internal asset team.

• Upvote 1

Barry Friedman

I don’t fly the dumbed-down default aircraft so I don’t care much. The only exception is when they are special as was for instance the DH Comet in ACOF.

• Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam