Sign in to follow this  
Dominique_K

Sept 12th : choose your vids/pics

If we have a couple of 15 seconds video and some pics, what would you like to see ?

For me :

- a video of a floatplane on water with a little wind making waves.

- four pictures of the same landscape in the US or Europe each on a different season

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

10 minutes ago, domkle said:

- a video of a floatplane on water with a little wind making waves.

Hi Folks,

Amen - with the plane actually moving the entire time the propellor is turning - drifting with wind - bobbing realistically in the wind and waves... Honestly - I don't know how anyone can enjoy floatplanes in the strange sticky goop we've been calling water for the last 20 years... I've seen games with better water physics than our beloved "simulator" offers...

Regards,
Scott

Edited by scottb613
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

My hope is they will be using this in the final product, which is not ready yet. This is compatible with Unity and made by Simul the same developer of TrueSky so...

Edited by Noooch
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I'd like to see a video of a nice touchdown at a busy metropolitan airport.

And a couple of screenshots of the API and developer/mod tools.

• More media of regular areas without photogrammetry so we can get a better understanding of what the rest of the world will look like (like the wingtip screenshot)
  • An actual default airport without hand placed content at day and night (if representative enough)
  • 20.000 more images of those clouds, can't get enough of them 
  • Night images over a large US and European city
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, domkle said:

we have a couple of 15 seconds video and some pics, what would you like to see ?

Is that actually an option?

- Some default airports

- Handling vehicles in action

- AI traffic in action

I'd like to see a descent through an overcast layer in the A320.  I really hope to see the sensation of speed which we do not have at all right now with 2D clouds.  I would also like to see more night lighting shots, especially how it looks approaching a city out in the distance.

• Upvote 3

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

30 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Is that actually an option?

More like wishful thinking

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Just now, domkle said:

More like wishful thinking

word not allowed.  I was hoping I missed that bit as part of their update schedule.

11 minutes ago, ErichB said:

word not allowed.  I was hoping I missed that bit as part of their update schedule.

😁

Didn't have a heart attack I hope ? 

Dominique

More weeds.

Actually, I would like to see what kind of detail displays close to the ground. It would be great if the platform took advantage of tessellation which would show details on the ground the closer you get to the ground.

Those details could include small vegetation like grass, rocks, cracks in the ground, road detail, etc.

This would be similar to how Outerra displays ground detail, but hopefully better. 

• Upvote 2

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

I would like to see a video depicting thunderstorms and winter snow and also proof that blurries are a thing of the past, the latter will cause a TOGA and steer me away from purchasing.

• Upvote 1

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

-- Helicopter.

Any helicopter, but preferably a modern medium weight twin to indicate they're serious about systems modeling. 

• Upvote 2

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor