Sign in to follow this  
Cloud9

FSX-WOW! YEEEHAAA

Guest Len

Besides the cloud reflections and water reflections on the tarmac, appears to be better landclass and ground textures.

>Are those FS9 or FSX? Kinda hard to tell, except for a few>obvious ones.....I could make the same mistake because frankly I don't see anything special about them. If I were into counting rivets on helicopters maybe I would be ecstatic.Michael J.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/pmdg_744F.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_beta_member.jpg

>Besides the cloud reflections and water reflections on the>tarmac, appears to be better landclass and ground textures.I can get better ground textures from BEV - today. Water - FlightScenery has better water - today. Ok, rivets - but I usually don't count rivets when I fly.Michael J.

Guest surveyflyer

I have to agree. The first thing I thought of was BEV. The bloom is nice. Cloud reflections on water cool. Water on the taxi is neat. AI ships and birds is interesting.The weather looks the same. The scenery looks the same if you have BEV.

Guest nickw

Yeah... I'll have two please :)

Joe,I'm with you - the Q/A didn't really jazz me up a lot either. But, it's early - I'm sure there'll be more to it than just improved graphics.Mark

Mark Lam

Guest nickw

I think that static images dont tell the whole story eh ;)

I cant download any of the pics, but looking at the thumbnailes it looks good, and we all know that there is more, screenshots doesnt tell us all the goodies they have for us.OHN

HI, There is improvement for sure, on the overall environment, light, water reflection etc. The problem with these, showing too much early version of MsfsFSX are always confusing from the first look, especialy when the release date is way far away, what's they will do here to 9 month? We don't know what's all new feature, and how the engine is builded and all new possibility for 3rd party compare to maximum capability in fs2004., Why DVD? they use larger data? larger texture? or etc. Each Msfs version have new and are more open then the previous version. Give them chance to finish the complete product and late screenshots before the release.ThanksChris Willishttp://sales.hifisim.com/pub-download/asv6...development.jpg http://sales.hifisim.com/pub-download/asv6-banner-proud.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest nickw

They are on my blog as wellwww.nickwhittome.com if you want to try.

DID you look at the guessed system requirements????!!!!!Tell me if i am going to be okDell inspiration 4600Pentium 4 2.6ghz1.00gig of ramnvidia 6600 256ddr8agp

Hello! Some of you folks need new glasses...Am I the only one who noticed SIDEWALKS and groomed LAWNS, along with the carefully aligned auto-gen houses? :)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Oh wow, the screenshots are absolutely stunning. On some of them I really couldn't tell, if it is real or FSX.One thing is for sure: Scenery and add-on airport developers will have to re-think, because it will be unreal to match those screenshots. Autogen looks stunning, the effect are great and the clouds... *swoon*I will truly have a hard time to stay 12 more months on FS9 after seeing this...Pat

Guest av84fun

Assuming that the press release on the front page here contains essentially what Mr. Gates is going to say tonight, what I most applaud is the following""Our basic fleet is merely the starting point because we are going to make it easier to download additional aircraft created by the many accomplished add-on developers in the community.We are not quite ready to shine the spotlight on our new partners and endorsements, but they will be taking center stage in the months leading up to our launch."I have long wondered why MS hasn't done more..."joint ventures" with some of the GREAT independent developers of aircraft and scenery. From the appearance of the screenshots, it looks like such partnerships already are in place.Ironically, however, since 10:30 last night and with only 3 hours sleep since, I have been attempting to recover from some HUGE infections due to the whole in Windows that hackers are driving trucks through...until the patch is distributed NEXT WEEK.In the meantime...HEADS UP. Don't go to ANY website or open ANY e-mail that you are not TOTALLY familiar with.Regards,Jim