Sign in to follow this  
nas123

My new PC build for MS2020

For the record, I have an i5 4690k @ 4.3Ghz/16GB DDR3-1600 RAM/2GB GTX 770 powered PC, and I run P3D v4 @ 1920x1080 resolution.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

11 hours ago, rjfry said:

With Google stadia streaming no download required just play, I don't think they will be downloading MSFS on the new XBOX, other than the start exe and local folders.

But many gamers worldwide simply couldn't play fully streamed games because of the bandwidth required and the potential latency problems. I live in a first-world country and although I have the fastest connection available to me, I could probably only manage fully streamed games at 1920x1080 with no prospect of broadband infrastructure changes in my area in the foreseeable future.

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

For the record, I have an i5 4690k @ 4.3Ghz/16GB DDR3-1600 RAM/2GB GTX 770 powered PC, and I run P3D v4 @ 1920x1080 resolution.

Your specs are much closer to the global average for gamers. The hardware used by many flight simmers is generally far away from what most other game genres use.

Edited by vortex681

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

3 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Why would you think that an i7 7700K/16GB 2400Mhz RAM/GTX 980Ti system is the bottom of the flightsim PC pile? I suspect that there are plenty of AVSIM members with flightsim PCs considerably less powerful than yours, and that includes me!

I never said that nor implied that Christopher. I consider my system to be upper middle of the range. There seems to be some concern about what system it will take to properly run the new sim and worries about not having a robust enough system. With the I9's coming out, new MB and faster GPU and memory, I think some are projecting the need to be much greater than it will be. As I said, I will see just how well mine works and if a component is a problem I will replace it but at present I have no vision of a complete rebuild.

• Upvote 1

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

All I can say is why have Microsoft asked for your net speed in the insider survey, they know you have a net connection or you could not apply to be on the insider program without it.

Unless you can apply by post 😀

Edited by rjfry

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

For the record, Rick......I would give anything to test that 980Ti in my PC! I suspect that some of the stutters that I experience in P3Dv4 at the moment are because of the low amount of VRAM on my GPU.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I will be  interested in seeing how your system performs too, Christopher. 

I think we're going to see all variety of systems. I'm looking forward to it. 😁

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

As we say in French, it is urgent to wait.  All the more that we have two sims coming to us in 2020, FS20 and P3Dv5. 

I suspect, like many, that the main problem with FS20, will be the data flow from them to us. And that cannot be solved by upgrading one's computer. 

We don't  know a thing about v5, If we surmise a more classical approach f (one time download, no streaming) the requirements may be a lot different, more raw power needed.

Also, on the hardware side, It is not clear what desktop CPU Intel will put on the market in 2020 to improve on the 9900k. 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

20 minutes ago, domkle said:

As we say in French, it is urgent to wait.  All the more that we have two sims coming to us in 2020, FS20 and P3Dv5. 

Make that three new sims. 🙂  I'd expect the first public beta (paid early access) for X-Plane 12 in 2020, probably towards the end of the year. Just a guess, there's been no official word yet, but that's based on the usual 4 year cycle of versions for that sim. 

• Upvote 1

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor