Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

Twitch content creators invited to Seattle by MS

Yeah it’s easy to be snide about things like twitch, but I have a young daughter and this is absolutely how they connect with the world now. She’s 12 and hasn’t really watched anything on normal tv since she was about 5. 

• Like 4

I think it is only Chewwy who was invited. I don't know about Matt Davies though. Their streams are of a similar viewer size.

3 hours ago, FlyerNYC said:

I think it is only Chewwy who was invited. I don't know about Matt Davies though. Their streams are of a similar viewer size.

Matt Davies was complaining about not being invited on his twitter. He wasn’t invited for sure.

Edited by ca_metal

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

8 hours ago, ca_metal said:

Matt Davies was complaining about not being invited on his twitter. He wasn’t invited for sure.

Unfortunately,  Matt Davies is inconsistent with his delivery of content and although sometimes very entertaining and informative (from a development perspective) can be quite abrasive towards members of his audience.

Matt Smith is highly consistent with his delivery and always connects with his audience respectfully.  

These things matter

Edited by ErichB
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Superdelphinus said:

Yeah it’s easy to be snide about things like twitch, but I have a young daughter and this is absolutely how they connect with the world now. She’s 12 and hasn’t really watched anything on normal tv since she was about 5. 

Abd that is so sad, that our kids only connect via social media! So, if power goes off, so does their connection to their 'world'. 

And all this needs energy... hence our issues with Climate Change!

• Upvote 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

4 minutes ago, Wobbie said:

Abd that is so sad, that our kids only connect via social media! So, if power goes off, so does their connection to their 'world'. 

And all this needs energy... hence our issues with Climate Change!

I disagree to an extent, as at least some parts of it are interactive rather than becoming a zombie in front of a cathode ray tube. They still hang out with each other in the physical realm, almost as much as I did when I was her age (so early-mid 90s). My main worry is about is the validity of the information they receive in this way. 

• Like 1

Books? 

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Just now, Wobbie said:

Books? 

You mean those papery, pulpy, pagey things with black stuff on them?

I'm looking forward to what Matt (Chewwy94) has to tell/show us from this event. I'm assuming the info will be be about the new simulator (since MS flew a flight sim streamer from Oxford to MS studios).

I'm tired of crashes, I'm tired of having to build systems way over the recommended specs to get OK performance (in P3D) and I just want it to work with whatever addons become available. I still play games (PS4 and PC) and the things I see in those games blow away what I see when simming in P3D. I know, depending on the game, there are huge differences between those games and P3D, however, it still seems we are partly still stuck in 2006. I would like to be a flight sim optimist for once, and MS2020 may be the sim that actually delivers.

Despite some of the caricatures of Twitch streams in this thread, Twitch does have a solid use for flight simmers. On Twitch I've seen the beta tests of: FSLabs A319, PMDG 747v3, CS757, Majestic Dash 8 shared cockpit, and the new VATSIM CODEC. Additionally I've watched streams with new scenery or new airplanes to decide if I wanted to purchase. On several of these streams, the actual developers will be in chat or on a VOIP with the streamer answering questions. Twitch streamers do pander. They do have annoying messages for subbing. But let's not dismiss the platform, there are interesting many streams on the site. Even for flight sim enthusiasts.

• Like 2

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

What better way to quench the speculative and fake news posts and videos than to make people feel special and put them under NDA. This isn't the first lap around the racetrack for Microsoft Marketing.

Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

On 9/23/2019 at 9:10 PM, snglecoil said:

What's Twitch?

Here's a typical stream:

"Ok welcome to the stream, everybody. Today we are going to....Oh, harryman247, thank you for the 16 months!...Ok, where was I? Yes, today we are going....hello, scruffymonkey64, thank your for the follow, welcome.  Ok, today we are....Oh my goodness, mrpointless, thank you for the re-sub! 28 months in a row!.  Yes, like I was saying today we are flying a long haul from...Wow! moneybags101, thank you for gifting 17 tier one subs! C'mon, chat, let's get some emotes going for moneybags!!!"

Three hours later....

Still haven't pushed back.

👍👍👍Thanks for this moment! So true! Excellent...:laugh:

Richard

Edited by DrumsArt

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

14 hours ago, SKEWR said:

Despite some of the caricatures of Twitch streams in this thread, Twitch does have a solid use for flight simmers. On Twitch I've seen the beta tests of: FSLabs A319, PMDG 747v3, CS757, Majestic Dash 8 shared cockpit, and the new VATSIM CODEC. Additionally I've watched streams with new scenery or new airplanes to decide if I wanted to purchase. On several of these streams, the actual developers will be in chat or on a VOIP with the streamer answering questions. Twitch streamers do pander. They do have annoying messages for subbing. But let's not dismiss the platform, there are interesting many streams on the site. Even for flight sim enthusiasts.

I don't dismiss the plateform and I go there a couple of times a year to check how a game looks really  like. Some developer teasers are too good to be true  these days...

After reading your post I went and had a look at the stream of a Youtuber that I like, Blackbox711, a quiet talking and informative gentleman. Honestly I get much more value in a 20 minutes YT than in a whole flight on Twitch. There are more interaction but mostly uninteresting questions to which the streamer felt he had to answer to get/keep followers.  I felt there was little value added for me.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

The fact of the matter is that Twitch streaming is financially more lucrative with less post production work thank Youtube.   And whatever reasoning most come up with, that is the reason.  Real time donations, real time subs, no editing post stream.  You just play the whole 5 hours back.  Which is fair enough.  As far as I'm concerned, it's a service you provide a potential audience and they either like you or they don't.  

Edited by ErichB