Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

Twitch content creators invited to Seattle by MS

1 hour ago, ErichB said:

As far as I'm concerned, it's a service you provide a potential audience and they either like you or they don't.

So this is where MS is showing a good deal of savvy if they are, as we assume, seeking to promote MFS through the established Twitch streamers. I could be completely wrong about this, but I suspect that a service like PilotEdge benefitted greatly from being promoted on Twitch by passionate fans of that service. Honestly, that’s what first exposed me on it. 

The fact is, YouTube and Twitch are the media that this next generation watch now. Marketers know that.  So you have to suspect that you will be seeing more and more marketing focus on that content. To compensate a relatively small “content creator” has to be one of the least expensive forms of advertising a company can take.

And here’s another twist, although I think this may be less likely.  Don’t forget that MS has Mixer as a direct competitor to Twitch. Maybe they are encouraging some of the flight sim streamers to move over to Mixer. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Chris

The only horses mouth I took any notice of was channel 9, the aces had FS studio on there.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

1 hour ago, carbonbasedlifeform said:

Has anyone confirmed someone was given a preview? I just see a lot of debate about the merits of Twitch. 😀

Everyone is mute on the topic, we can only imagine...

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

I'm sure that if anything was released that everyone there is under NDA. So, this will probably be revealed until next week.

• Upvote 1

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Long shot.

Sergio Costa (helisimmer.com) is going

"to travel and see something REALLY cool recently. I can't say what right now, but I can tell you it's very, very exciting and you'll all find out about it very soon. What's coming, can be a game changer for our hobby. For real."

• Like 1

P3D45, 8700K, RTX3080Ti, 32 GB, HDD 3 + 6 TB, SSD 0.5 TB Warthog HOTAS, Honeycomb Bravo, MFG pedals, Reverb G2

16 minutes ago, dilore said:

Sergio Costa (helisimmer.com) is going

thanks for the info, but where's the source from?

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Himself, via Patreon.

P3D45, 8700K, RTX3080Ti, 32 GB, HDD 3 + 6 TB, SSD 0.5 TB Warthog HOTAS, Honeycomb Bravo, MFG pedals, Reverb G2

On 9/23/2019 at 8:51 AM, domkle said:

Rule of thumb : anybody having him/her in a PiP in a corner of the screen or talking fast like an overexcited used car salesman is out of my book.

So just about everyone but Pewdiepie?

16 minutes ago, Concodroid said:

Pretty sure that they would have invited him if he showed an ounce of interest 😆

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Just now, Keven Menard said:

Pretty sure that they would have invited him if he showed an ounce of interest 😆

If Pewdiepie knew about it and even said it in one of his videos

Man, Microsoft's gonna sell a lotta copies

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Concodroid said:

I had to go to Wikipedia to know who is Pewdiepie 😁 ! I am always amazed to see how many worlds live side by side on social networks without knowing each others. That or I've really become a hermit.

• Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 minute ago, domkle said:

I had to go to Wikipedia to know who is Pewdiepie 😁 ! I am always amazed to see how many worlds live side by side on social networks without knowing each others. That or I've really become a hermit.

Lol, you've become a hermit.

He's a worldwide phenomenon and his well-popularized battle was covered extensively by just about everyone.

Might be where you live tho.

5 minutes ago, Reader said:

A worldwide phenomenon? 🤣

Once upon a time, people gained fame and sometimes notoriety by doing exceptional things.

These days apparently it is enough to be famous for being famous.

Oof

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

8 minutes ago, Concodroid said:

Lol, you've become a hermit.

He's a worldwide phenomenon and his well-popularized battle was covered extensively by just about everyone.

Might be where you live tho.

At 70 yo I've become extremely selective about what I read, listen to or watch, including on social networks. It makes life more pleasant. After having read the article on him in wiki, I feel conforted. Life is too short to know about people like him.

• Like 5

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam