• Seasons
    • Rotorcraft
    • ATC
    • SDK

1 hour ago, Noooch said:

You and I are not living in the same world

yet you have nothing else to say...😂😭

1 hour ago, FDEdev said:

It's not about the headset but the way higher (hence expensive) PC power required to achieve an acceptable VR experience. 

First of all your definition of expensive is relative to what other hardware you are simming with, so lets not play the unattainable GPU/CPU/RAM argument here when you own a $1200+ surround monitor setup along with $600+ worth of flight controls surfaces and panels. Also we don’t know the exact performance requirements for 2D MSFS11 yet to even think about VR requirements. Your definition of acceptable VR experience will also be relative to personal standards and experiences.

Lets also not play the “unattainable hardware” argument when it comes to VR only and not the desired 2D 4K experience simmers will want and actually invest money to attain either😏

I own all the sims and I also own 3 PCs with the following VR Headsets

Oculus Rift

Samsung Oddysey  Plus

HTC Vive

GTX 780 & 2500K{Can run FSX,P3D,Aerofly in acceptable performance)

GTX 1070 & 5820K (Can run all listed sims in acceptable performance)

GTX 1080ti & 8700K(Can run all listed sims in acceptable performance and of course this just may be the minimum requirement for say an HP Reverb or Pimax 8K HMD)

FSXw/Flyinside 

P3D 4.5, 

AeroflyFS2 

DCS World

XPlane11 (as an exception because the OpenGL engine isn’t optimized well for VR and runs horribly unless on low graphics hopefully we’ll see a new engine improvement one day)

Thats up to you how you decipher costs of hardware in 2019. I just picked up my Seahawk GTX 1070 EK on sale for $350 to put in the 5820K PC.

So yea lets see exactly how expensive you are willing to go when the spec requirements are listed for the MSFS11 release.🤔

Just to play in 2D 4K at that..😏

mmmhmmm

Edited by blueshark747

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

6 minutes ago, FDEdev said:

I never wrote that, and I suggest to read again what I wrote;  For VR you need a higher specs PC than without, nothing else.

I said supercomputer, not you. 

That was my interpretation of you saying “way higher (hence expensive)”. 

Edited by irrics

1 minute ago, irrics said:

Calm down please

?

3 minutes ago, SoTotallyToby said:

Made an account just to vote for VR. VR is basically required for realistic simulators like this... 

Thank you!  Welcome!  Don't forget to donate to help keep the site running!:biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Charlie Aron

AVSIM Board of Directors-Moderator-Registrar

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

8 minutes ago, SoTotallyToby said:

VR is basically required for realistic simulators like this... 

That's basically nonsense...

• Upvote 6

44 minutes ago, FDEdev said:

For VR you need a higher specs PC than without, nothing else.

Not true. People go on about how you need 5Ghz CPUs and at least a 1080ti to run P3D at 'acceptable' performance.Tthat's a bloody sight more than I have (2600K & a 1070) and I use VR with the same settings as pancake vision, most sliders to the right.

• Upvote 3

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

3 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

Not true. People go on about how you need 5Ghz CPUs and at least a 1080ti to run P3D at 'acceptable' performance.Tthat's a bloody sight more than I have (2600K & a 1070) and I use VR with the same settings as pancake vision, most sliders to the right.

Ron’s taking them to school☝️

32GB DDR4 3000 Ram

9 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

You are comparing apples and oranges. What's acceptable for you apparently isn't acceptable for others and vice versa.  

@blueshark747 I don't need your patronizing posts thank you. I would really like not to see your posts anymore, could you enlight me how to do that please?

ah..VR. Very important feature if you hate writing down flight plan clearances.

1 minute ago, Noooch said:

I would really like not to see your posts anymore, could you enlight me how to do that please?

At the top right menu, on the screen beside your avatar, you have an "ignore user" option. Using it makes browsing the forum much more pleasant . 

• Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

2 minutes ago, yurei said:

ah..VR. Very important feature if you hate writing down flight plan clearances.

+1 👍

Edited by FDEdev
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, domkle said:

At the top right menu, on the screen beside your avatar, you have an "ignore user" option. Using it makes browsing the forum much more pleasant . 

Done, thank you very much!

35 minutes ago, Noooch said:

@blueshark747 I don't need your patronizing posts thank you. I would really like not to see your posts anymore, could you enlight me how to do that please?

I was hoping for you to prove me wrong with facts, but I understand.😉

You weren’t prepared for this and its ok, but my stance is firm on correcting false information being passed off as an argument. Was really nothing personal.

Take care!

Edited by blueshark747
  • Upvote 2

32GB DDR4 3000 Ram