Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

Cosford 2019?

Who's going to Cosford and on which days?

Be cool to catch-up with a few.

I suspect you are talking about this event - http://www.flightsimshow.com/

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I'll be there along with Pete and John Dowson. I hope @Chock will be there. Rick is hoping to cadge a lift but hasn't heard from you in a while.

Anyone looking for a nice yoke head to the Fulcrum stand. It's looking really nice. Look forward to meeting AvSim members there. 😀

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

6 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I'll be there along with Pete and John Dowson. I hope @Chock will be there. Rick is hoping to cadge a lift but hasn't heard from you in a while.

Anyone looking for a nice yoke head to the Fulcrum stand. It's looking really nice. Look forward to meeting AvSim members there. 😀

Hi Ray hope you're well. We met last time I was there. You were flying the Concorde.

You there both days?  Where is Rick?

Edited by Dougal

Hi @Dougal, silly me. No, just the Saturday. That would have been around 3 years ago I imagine. Look forward to meeting up again if you're there Saturday.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

@Dougal, Rick (@vc10man) lives in southern Lancashire but not sure where exactly.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I will be part of the FS Reborn team for both days, so I am looking forward to chatting with all of you!

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Ah can't help Rick:-(  I'm the other end of the country. Hopefully see you there sir;-)

• Upvote 1

I’m going to head down for a look around. I’m going over the two days.

I quite enjoyed the presentations last year but found that after I’d watched them all I didn’t have much time left to look at other things so the 2 day event should be good.

• Upvote 1

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

Hey, guys....don't forget that I am also a beta tester for UK2000. I would love to chat to other UK2000 customers about Gary's products.....something that I have not been able to do to any great extent in past visits to Cosford. If you have any problems or questions regarding UK2000 products, then please feel free to chat to me about them over the weekend :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I’m sorry I never met you @Dougalbut it was very busy. I got there for 09:20 and it took around 10 mins to get a parking ticket such was the queue and everyone using a card to buy one.

Went to the presentations for FSElite and ORBX. There was only a brief mention of MFS20 by ORBX just saying they and Microsoft were talking. How their future pans out must be of concern.

Had chats with Lefteris Kalamaras and Andrew Wilson of FSLabs. The MFS20 announcement hasn’t helped their plans but hopefully those will become clearer as the project continues. 64-bit Concorde development remains on hold. Note, that doesn’t mean cancelled, just on hold. But until they can get more info from Microsoft about supersonic flight they can’t start work.

I was very impressed with Fulcrum’s new yoke. 8 inches of travel and a compact box with sufficient buttons and an 8-way hat makes for a very appealing product. It will be made in England and available before Christmas.  Price around 430GBP. You’ve produced a really nice yoke there @tutmeister. 😊

I saw the Honeycomb yoke and throttle quadrant. The yoke has 4” of travel so half that of the Fulcrum. There is a solid steel shaft meaning the wires are external with a connection to the front of the yoke body. They are planning on a force-feedback version which is why the shaft has to be solid.

I didn’t feel very positive about the throttle quadrant. The movement of each lever didn’t make it feel like a high quality unit and the Boeing lever set looked somewhat fragile. For the price you get a lot for your money so I’m sure it will be popular.

It was nice to chat with @simbol and the other members of FSReborn. I was convinced I needed their forthcoming lights package and took advantage of the generous show discount. Nice to chat to @Christopher Lowtoo. 😊

All in all a nice day. You learn far more by speaking to developers than on forums and I wish all of them good fortune with their products. See you all again next year even though it involves driving down on the “smart” M6 which is developing into a potential death-trap.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I didn’t feel very positive about the throttle quadrant.The movement of each lever didn’t make it feel like a high quality unit and the Boeing lever set looked somewhat fragile.

Sad to hear that, Ray. I was hoping it might be the ultimate low-cost solution and difinitely planned to buy it next year.
All in all, thanks for the mini-review. It's short and unbiased - the way I like it! 😉

37 minutes ago, Rafal said:

Sad to hear that, Ray. I was hoping it might be the ultimate low-cost solution and difinitely planned to buy it next year.
All in all, thanks for the mini-review. It's short and unbiased - the way I like it! 😉

Remember it’s a subjective opinion not an objective one. You might have an entirely different opinion if you were there. If your in any doubt wait until it’s been reviewed and that should help. If you add up the cost of two Saitek / Logitech quadrants it’s more expensive so should be an upgrade on those.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather