Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

Cosford 2019?

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

If you add up the cost of two Saitek / Logitech quadrants it’s more expensive so should be an upgrade on those.

I'm still on an over-decade-old CH throttle quadrant, heavily modified (on my own) for jet flying.
I still enjoy it, but it starts showing its age, so when I saw this solid looking throttle which, by default, has jet-like handles, working reversers, two/four engine option (not to mention annunciator and simplified AP), I thought this might be it.
But the feel is very important, so I appreciate that you wrote about this aspect. We'll see what people add later when they get their first items. 🤔

PS I wanted to like your both posts but the forum is not working fine for me today. So, let me use this one instead: 👍

• Like 1

@Rafal, All new equipment looks great. But what really matters is what options you have when something needs replacing. A friend of mine has a high quality PFC yoke. It has been fine for a number of years but even the potentiometers in that eventually failed.

Fortunately he was able to swap them for hall-effect sensors as PFC now has them as an option. But with cheaper equipment built to a price compromises have to be made. When pots in the cheaper equipment fail there won’t be any hall-effect sensors to swap out.

I have thrown away two fully functioning Saitek throttle quadrants simply because the pots failed. In this age of plastic damaging the planet it appalled me I had to do that. Why didn’t Saitek make replacements?

That is environmentally irresponsible and the main reason I would never buy any more kit that has pots. They all fail eventually. It’s just a case of how long.

• Like 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke, Fulcrum TQ (pre-production).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

It was great to see you and Pete at the show, Ray. I had a fantastic time as part of the FS Reborn team (Raul Morales, Monika Morales, Erich Berner, Kevin Firth, and myself), and this really made a difference to my overall enjoyment of the show. I was slightly apprehensive prior to the show as to how well I would be able to describe the product to potential customers, but I settled down very quickly, and thoroughly enjoyed demonstrating AI Lights Reborn Professional Edition to a wide range of show visitors.......including the XPlane users!! :wink:

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 3

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

@Christopher Low, you did just fine. 😁 Nice of you to devote time to the stand. When I took my computer down 3 years ago I sat in front of it all day and never saw anything of the show.

I look forward to the release of AiLights.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke, Fulcrum TQ (pre-production).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

You will love it, Ray. I know that you have a busy AI environment for your flights, so this package will make a massive difference to the realism with those sexy strobes, realistic navigation/landing/beacon lights, and being able to see AI planes at much greater distances :cool:

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

@Christopher Low, I suspect I'll go for the easy option which hopefully will install the relevant lights for each model without further efffort. My tweaking days are behind me so the Advanced option that allows you to tweak each model will take up valuable flying time. 😁

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

You do not need to tweak anything when using the EXPERT interface. It simply gives you more flexibility with the software, and that includes being able to use settings for Effects size/light intensity/colour intensity etc. across your entire AI fleet with a few mouse scroll adjustments :smile:

EDIT: This is where the Live Preview Module earns its wages. This is what you were looking at on the monitor screen at the show, Ray. It allows you to see the changes that you are making to each type of light (navigation/strobe/landing/beacon) across a range of distances, so that you can adjust the settings to suit your own requirements.

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

What a fantastic show! Amazing feedback from everyone and great to meet so many of you. Thanks for the shout out there Ray, good to see you again. Thanks to Christopher Low and John b and so many others for stopping by.

I'm still recovering!

Talking simming with so many fellow enthusiasts is a real treat too.

Chris

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On the show website -- sitting in that hangar -- I see what appears to be a D.H. Comet, and a twin (turbo?)prop behind it.  What type are those aircraft?  Particularly the twin prop?

Edited by Mace
cain't spel

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

16 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction!

They have a Mignet Flying Flea.  That would be worth the price of admission to see.  If only I had my own Concorde.  KCGI to EGCC.  Maybe a fuel stop at JFK.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

22 minutes ago, Mace said:

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction!

They have a Mignet Flying Flea.  That would be worth the price of admission to see.  If only I had my own Concorde.  KCGI to EGCC.  Maybe a fuel stop at JFK.

You’re welcome. Admission to the excellent museum at Cosford is free. Hangar 1 is where the show is held but there’s far more to see in other hangars including Cold War aircraft and many WW2 ones too. Combine it with a visit to the flight sim show next year.

You would definitely need a stop at JFK before your trans-Atlantic hop but EGBB would be better for Cosford.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

19 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

When I took my computer down 3 years ago I sat in front of it all day and never saw anything of the show.

I understand what you mean, with a two day show as they did this time the next day is way more relaxed (which makes me wonder if 2 days for this show are really justifiably) we had plenty of time to go around and explore on Sunday.

However I find having interaction with users and developers stopping by at the booth much more fund and interactive than walking around in circles at the exhibition, specially at Cosford. But I guess this depend of each individual.

Can you tell me what you were showing with your PC 3 years ago? I am now really curious!.

Regards,
Simbol

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, simbol said:

I understand what you mean, with a two day show as they did this time the next day is way more relaxed (which makes me wonder if 2 days for this show are really justifiably) we had plenty of time to go around and explore on Sunday.

However I find having interaction with users and developers stopping by at the booth much more fund and interactive than walking around in circles at the exhibition, specially at Cosford. But I guess this depend of each individual.

Can you tell me what you were showing with your PC 3 years ago? I am now really curious!.

Regards,
Simbol

I imagine JustFlight will make a decision on whether two days was justified but I doubt some of the people who brought serious setups like Silarki (sp) would have made the effort for 1 day. Lelystad is the biggest European show and that's two days with plenty of serious hardware on show. It's more of a hardware show than a software one but Cosford is great as they have all the presentations lacking in Lelystad. Plus the museum really is good so I hope you saw some of that.

I took my PC to demonstrate FS Labs Concorde-X. I think I was the only person showing her off as even the FSLabs stand concentrated on their Airbus. Lots of people remember it so it must have made an impact. Something very different to all thos sub-sonic Mach 0.8 twin-engined bland aircraft we have now. :wink: Very complex systems of course but they all look like a Ford whereas Concorde looks like a Lamborghini, Aston Martin or Ferrari and can overtake them at Mach 1.2! 😁

• Like 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I spoke to Martyn Northall halfway through Sunday, and he said that they were very pleased with the outcome of the two day format. Whilst Sunday afternoon may have been relatively quiet, the spread of visitors over both days eased the pressure on Saturday, and it also provided more flexibility with respect to the seminars.

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png