Sign in to follow this  
Rocky_53

Poor FPS Around KPDX

15 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

Hey that's great news Howard! Let's hope that was the full issue!

Those airport files were super generic ports from a much earlier version of Mytraffic and probably even from FS9.

Just had a thought Dave, if I remove all the files from the scenery folder, will doing so have any effect on the actual AI or are they only relevent to airport autogen and afcads etc? As I only fly from third party airports this wouldn't be an issue.

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

It won't have any effect at all, the MTX afcads does add more parking to many airports, but they really weren't very well done. As you said, you almost always fly to third party airports as it is which means those underlying conflicting airport files have probably been causing issues all this time. I wouldn't hesitate to remove the folder at all.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

What about UTL does this add on work the same way as MTX and add additional AP AFCADS?

Getting similar issues on my end as well!

Chris Camp

2 hours ago, Kilo60 said:

What about UTL does this add on work the same way as MTX and add additional AP AFCADS?

Getting similar issues on my end as well!

Nope. No extra AFCADs, works completely differently than MTX.

Edited by pgde

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

Another problem I have, when landing a PMDG NGX at FBs KPDX 28R I have always a so-called long frame (4-5 seconds) directly after landing. FPS is around 22. FPS limit is 25.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

9 hours ago, pgde said:

Nope. No extra AFCADs, works completely differently than MTX.

Just to be clear for others, UTL uses afcads/ade files just like other AI addons, it just doesn't come with any on it's own. What it does differently is use simconnect to inject the traffic instead of bgl's. There's no performance gain/loss using either method.

15 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

It won't have any effect at all, the MTX afcads does add more parking to many airports, but they really weren't very well done. As you said, you almost always fly to third party airports as it is which means those underlying conflicting airport files have probably been causing issues all this time. I wouldn't hesitate to remove the folder at all.

Cheers matey, appreciated 😉

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

On 10/18/2019 at 7:10 PM, Dave_YVR said:

Not sure about that! Unless I'm mistaken...

I copied (fortunately) and removed the scenery folder content in MTX. As a result, there are no more AIs at all...

Richard

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

On 10/17/2019 at 10:37 PM, Rockliffe said:

Hi Dave, I have just had a flight after removing all the files from the scenery folder in MTX. The problem has disappeared! 

...and probably your AIs too...I tried, no more AI in the sim, unless I'm mistaken...

Richard

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

3 hours ago, DrumsArt said:

...and probably your AIs too...I tried, no more AI in the sim, unless I'm mistaken...

Richard

Richard, I have just removed the airport specific related files. There are numerous other files which don't appear to be directly associated with specific airports. I have left those alone.

Edited by Rockliffe
  • Upvote 1

Howard

The very first thing I did after trying out MyTraffic was remove the folder that contained the airport files. It didn't remove any traffic along with it. Either way, it didn't last very long as I really didn't like MyTraffic traffic at all.

2 hours ago, Rockliffe said:

Richard, I have just removed the airport specific related files. There are numerous other files which don't appear to be directly associated with specific airports. I have left those alone.

Thank you Howard, good catch. I had totally forgotten that the files MyTrafficGlobal/closed/commercial.bgl were in this folder. I was convinced that there were only airport files. I just did a CtrlA and delete. Poor me:laugh:

Richard

Richard Portier

9 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

The very first thing I did after trying out MyTraffic was remove the folder that contained the airport files. It didn't remove any traffic along with it. Either way, it didn't last very long as I really didn't like MyTraffic traffic at all.

Hi Dave,

I just answered Howard who drew my attention to the fact that he had not removed all the content of the folder scenery. Without the MyTraffic*.bgl files, the Ai of course disappear.

Richard

Edited by DrumsArt
  • Like 1

Richard Portier

Oh sorry, it has been a long long time since I last had MyTraffic on my PC. I always move the traffic files to a specific folder.

2 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

Oh sorry, it has been a long long time since I last had MyTraffic on my PC. I always move the traffic files to a specific folder.

Don't be sorry, your exchanges on the subject with Howard have "enlightened my lantern".😎

Edited by DrumsArt

Richard Portier