Sign in to follow this  
pilotforhire

A Boeing Driver Considering Airbus

For me the FSL Airbus is the single  most immersive aircraft. Flies amazing!  Don’t flare it like a PMDG 737 though. 

• Upvote 1

Me too transfer from Boeing to Airbus (but still fly Boeing)

Regardless what people said, If you well understand boeing, there shouldn't be much problem to understand airbus, they both airliner anyway

But I mean understand, not just "know what", but "know how",

Even if you transfer form 737, you just need to know that something will be done by automatic, that's better than otherway around.

BUT, BUT, the airbus SOP still seems a mess to me, I can remenber the normal procedure, but it just doesn't make much sence to me than boeing one, it feels like the 737 SOP per-2001 (like the FS2C737RB SOP3, if you know what I mean.)

Sometime I'd rather to fly airbus "the boeing way", I actually did that with maddog and kingair, after learning their  SOP and system, I rewrite my very own Normal Procedure and Normal Checklist to fit the boeing standard, that actually works well (For Simulator Only, of coures). Havn't done that with Airbus though. Well, the bus's SOP at least work for now.

BTW I still can't get use to manual throttle manual stick approach for the C* control law of airbus, I've already hardwire to the "stick for speed and throttle for descent rate" traditional or C*U control, However airbus normally approach with AT on speed mode, I can land that easily the first time on a Level-D Full Flight Sim, even better than my first time on 737FFS which require quite unimaginable yoke deflection for a desktop simmer.

I also have the first world problem of having to switch from 23 years on (RW) Boeing over to Airbus , and the FSL 320 has been recommended to me for learning the Airbus way. I also have the FF A320 and A350, and the JAR 330 on x plane as it’s my preferred platform but from what I’ve read they’re not as accurate as the FSL.

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

4 hours ago, C2615 said:

BTW I still can't get use to manual throttle manual stick approach for the C* control law of airbus.

However airbus normally approach with AT on speed mode

The A320 flies like any other aircraft during the approach, the only difference is the roll increased stability and that you don't trim.  Haven't ever come across a pilot who had any difficulties getting used to hand fly the A320 within a few minutes.

Don't know where you've got this info from. Depends a lot on the company as well. If I fly manually, I usually fly without auto thrust as well.

Edited by FDEdev

1 hour ago, jon b said:

I also have the first world problem of having to switch from 23 years on (RW) Boeing over to Airbus , and the FSL 320 has been recommended to me for learning the Airbus way. I also have the FF A320 and A350, and the JAR 330 on x plane as it’s my preferred platform but from what I’ve read they’re not as accurate as the FSL.

I would have loved to have the FSL A320 for my RW type rating, but it didn't exist back then.

For the average flightsim user the Aerosoft A320 would be easily sufficient and even more important, less demanding concerning PC specs.

Edited by FDEdev
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, offroad said:

Don’t flare it like a PMDG 737 though. 

What's the difference concerning the flare?

38 minutes ago, FDEdev said:

I would have loved to have the FSL A320 for my RW type rating, but it didn't exist back then.

For the average flightsim user the Aerosoft A320 would be easily sufficient and even more important, less demanding concerning PC specs.

I’m going to be going to the A350 and A330neo so I’m hoping the aerosoft A330 is a good model.

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

i would like to hear how FSL's fits the many other addons we use ...... weather / remote cdu's / mce / atc / fsuipc (perhaps not needed in the case of the later).

as much as the PMDG ngx has a great fit with most of these, the 777 has a "big conflict" with voxatc for example ... hence my question, it may be a great addon in its own but what about how it works with other addons. 

for now, cheers

john martin

1 hour ago, vadriver said:

i would like to hear how FSL's fits the many other addons we use ...... weather / remote cdu's / mce / atc / fsuipc (perhaps not needed in the case of the later).

as much as the PMDG ngx has a great fit with most of these, the 777 has a "big conflict" with voxatc for example ... hence my question, it may be a great addon in its own but what about how it works with other addons. 

ASP4 weather , FS2CREW, (build in remote MCDU for tablet/browser) , GREAT GSX integration , from top of my head 🙂

forgot , Pushover integration for virtual printer via advanced ACARS system for fuel,weather,preflight,actual flightplan etc ,  performance calculations

Michael Moe

Edited by Michael Moe
forgot something :-)
  • Like 1

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

If you get the FSL 320/319 have a look at my step by step guild, if could save you countless hours working everything out.

Link in my sig below.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

If you get the FSL 320/319 have a look at my step by step guild, if could save you countless hours working everything out.

Link in my sig below.

First link is dead (We could not locate the item you are trying to view.)

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

6 hours ago, FDEdev said:

Some of you will know I've been endlessly considering getting the FSLA320. The thing that keeps scaring me is the performance aspect. I keep hearing how demanding this plane is for your computer, and given the price of the addon, I've always found it difficult to hand over the money without having an idea of how well it'll function (what's the point of getting the FSL A320 for my European routes, especially to fly into the likes of EGLL, EHAM, LFPG and EDDF, if it'll be a slideshow?). With PMDG it's generally been an easier sell since I have experience with their addons. So, how does the FSL compare to some of other planes out there, performance-wise? E.g. in comparison to PMDG 737GX, 777 and 747, or QW787, TFDi 717, the Maddog...

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

deleted

Edited by FDEdev

I was about to revisit the A320 after a long hiatus but missed the free upgrade window from the P3D v3 to P3D v4 version.  Part of the reason is that I took the wrong upgrade path (confused it with the license transfer process - that's on me).  But then, to try to unconfuse myself, I opened a support ticket, which went unanswered - and the upgrade window closed while I was waiting.  Trying to decide now whether I want to pay again to fly the v4 version.  Haven't decided yet - there are other aircraft I can focus on, though I believe everyone who says that the quality of the A320 is off the scale.  I admit fully that many of the missteps in this particular process were mine, and I own them.  Nevertheless, not a happy result.