Hello all,

I plan on building a new pc and I have a budget of up to £200 for a CPU. I wish to pair my CPU with a GTX 1660Ti. I've heard how Intel seems to be the best choice for P3D but I'm not aiming for 60fps here. and if I can continously get more than 30fps then I'm happy.

Many thanks,

Acerazus

Try to find an old 7700K those are great!

|Ryan Butterworth|

| i7 4790K@4.4GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA GTX 1080Ti | ASUS Z97-Pro | 1TB 860 Evo | 500GB 840 Evo Win10 Pro | 1TB Samsung 7200rpm | Seasonic X750W |

I'm preparing a new build and will be purchasing an Intel i7 9700K which is reasonably priced and plenty powerful.

Despite some of the hype, I don't believe you will see much of a performance improvement by spending hundreds of dollars more on an i9 9900.

Dave

Edited by dave2013

On 11/8/2019 at 12:24 PM, Acerazus said:

Hello all,

I plan on building a new pc and I have a budget of up to £200 for a CPU. I wish to pair my CPU with a GTX 1660Ti. I've heard how Intel seems to be the best choice for P3D but I'm not aiming for 60fps here. and if I can continously get more than 30fps then I'm happy.

Many thanks,

Acerazus

RYZEN 5 3600 6core on budget shall work nice , i not recommend Ryzen gen 1-2 gen 3 is OK , you have first number (R5-R7) then  3XXX .

I recommend the Ryzen 3 before 7700k,  Less stutters and better loadtimes.

Edited by westman

On 11/8/2019 at 5:24 AM, Acerazus said:

Hello all,

Many thanks,

Acerazus

If it were possible to always achieve 30 FPS with a "budget" CPU in P3D and complex add-ons in all scenarios, we wouldn't have 18 million threads on this forum saying "Buy the Fastest Intel CPU You Can Afford".  If you want to save money by all means, do so.  Just make sure your expectations are realistic or you'll end up being disappointed.  

Try flying out of a dense urban area with aftermarket scenery, aftermarket airport, add-on traffic, with heavy weather, at night, using a complex commercial aircraft and most high-end systems will struggle to hit 20 FPS steadily, let alone 30.  

If you're willing to scale back the sim's settings this is more easily achieved.  

Just a heads-up.  

Edited by TechguyMaxC

Is your computer experiencing Blue screen errors? Download BlueScreenView and post a screenshot of the error.
BSODs related to overclocking and their solutions can be found in this thread @ Xtremesystems.
Intel desktop CPU de-lidding tutorial: right here at Avsim