Sign in to follow this  
Arklight1

Retail Version Available At Best Buy On Long Island

>WEEEEEE HAAAATESSS YOU!!!! Arrrrg no joy at my local Best>Buy. This is sooooo unnerving... Obviously Best Buy has screwed the pooch and will get the fine. If this is the case, just stock it already! wah wah I want my happy meal!!!

Guest unitedpilot36

This is seriously hard to take. People all over the country are picking up FSX and there are no stores all over Boise that have a copy, just my luck.:-(

Guest AJ

You are not alone. Chalotte, NC is FSX-less as well. We have three Best Buys and none of them have it/

Guest longhaul747

The Best Buy early release thing seems pretty widespread. Not all Best Buy stores of coarse but seems most if not all stores in select regions. So much for an official release date. If I was a merchant who will be selling FSX I would not be all that happy right now!!

>The Best Buy early release thing seems pretty widespread. >Not all Best Buy stores of coarse but seems most if not all>stores in select regions. So much for an official release>date. If I was a merchant who will be selling FSX I would not>be all that happy right now!!>>The release date is blown totally - I say just let us have it.

I would be interested to know how much the fine would be... As mentioned I, too, would feel pretty ticked if I was selling FSX and abiding by the official street date...Bryan

Guest BrianC

I found it tonight in the NW Chicago suburbs at the Kildeer Best Buy. I got the last Deluxe version on the shelf but there were a dozen standard editions out.

Guest longhaul747

>I would be interested to know how much the fine would be...>As mentioned I, too, would feel pretty ticked if I was selling>FSX and abiding by the official street date...>>Bryan>For a big corporation like Best Buy probably not enough. In fact its likely they will not be fined at all. They will likely get a slap on the wrist and told not to do it next time. I got my copy reserved at the local EB Games store. I called tonight and they claimed they got enough in to cover the preorders plus a few extra but they have to hold until the 17th in theory. They are aware of the Best Buy situation and its been forwarded to the district manager who in turn forwarded it to corporate. If corporate agrees to release it early they will but thats not happened yet and it might not.

Hi. Would you please either scan the white tag on the box and post it or post the exact title and SKU # from Best Buy. The local Best Buys in Los Angeles don't say they have it in their system anywhere.Thanks, regards, BobF.

>Hi. Would you please either scan the white tag on the box and>post it or post the exact title and SKU # from Best Buy. The>local Best Buys in Los Angeles don't say they have it in their>system anywhere.Thanks, regards, BobF.Same here in Fresno. They had no idea what I was talking about, and couldn't find it in their store system either or on their website.

>Hi. Thanks. I already tried their website. It is not listed.>Hopefully someone will post the info so we can check at BB.>Regards, BobF. It's strange. I'm wondering if this is why BB botched the release date. When I went down to the store, the sales representative couldn't even find it in their store's supply/merchendising system let alone their website.

Went to Best Buy over lunch today here in Charleston. Their website doesn't list it yet (same website you and I see) but I then showed him the SKU # 8-82224-25804-3 to lookup in their stock system, he said let me check in back. He came back out empty handed and said the Media Manager has it, but won't release it until the 17th because he doesn't want to get fined. I tried the arguement about showing him on the web where it is being released by BB stores all-over the place but he wasn't interested....Now I remember why I shop EB... ;)

>Went to Best Buy over lunch today here in Charleston. Their>website doesn't list it yet (same website you and I see) but I>then showed him the SKU # 8-82224-25804-3 to lookup in their>stock system, he said let me check in back. He came back out>empty handed and said the Media Manager has it, but won't>release it until the 17th because he doesn't want to get>fined. I tried the arguement about showing him on the web>where it is being released by BB stores all-over the place but>he wasn't interested....>>Now I remember why I shop EB... ;)Hehe, I hear ya.I worked for Best Buy, CompUSA, and EB Games.While I was EB, Best Buy and Gamestop (before Gamestop became EB) broke a few release dates. The minute I found out about it, I notified our manager at which point he or I would pretend to be a customer and call the store that broke the street-date. If they in fact did break a street date, we immidiately called our district manager to let her know. We usually began selling the product very shortly thereafter. Since we did all the footwork (calling the stores, etc..), she had no problem calling the higher-ups and letting them know the situation. A street date being broken at a few stores due to a misunderstanding is fairly common, but one on what appears to be such a wide scale as this seems almost unreasonable.

Then based on your experience at EB (I've actually already paid for it there) they might reconsider and sell it earlier than the 17th based on Best Buy's fiasco? How long does the communications take between the local store and the regional manager or someone who has the authority to call it?

>Then based on your experience at EB (I've actually already>paid for it there) they might reconsider and sell it earlier>than the 17th based on Best Buy's fiasco? How long does the>communications take between the local store and the regional>manager or someone who has the authority to call it?It really depends on the store. Some managers may not care who breaks a street date and may not take any action to do anything about it, others may care but not even know a street date was broken. I was usually the one who found out first since I was always checking everybody else's release dates so I could better inform our own customers.As mentioned above, there are stores I know of who know full well a street date has been broken but don't really care. They do the minimum for their jobs, i.e., put in ther 8 and go home. Anything above and beyond their job description is "too much work". I hate lazy people.

Best Buy on Los Feliz in Atwater Village, CA. has it. I got mine yesterday. The SKU number that they found it by is MSFT FLI 8054026. The Microsoft bar code on the box is 8 82224 25804 3 for the deluxe edition @ $69.99 ea, regards, BobF.

I tried the Best Buy @ the FL Mall no go. Tomorrow I will try Waterford Lakes, Fashion Sq Mall, and then the Altamonte Springs Best Buy.John

>Just picked up my copy of fs x deluxe at Best Buy in South>Setauket.>There were about 7 copies of each version on the shelf. And>this is only after I put a deposit on a copy at Game Stop this>morning. They still show the 17th!>> Here is a picture>http://imageserver4.textamerica.com/user.i...04135223741.jpg>We went through this same exact thing on the FS9 release. I got it at best buy when they released it a little earlier than expected, posted a pic of the tin it came in and disks and my post got deleted.I picked up my copy this morning at best buy in Fayetteville Arkansas. Plenty of copies of both versions on the shelves.Everyone just needs to get a grip and quit trying to ruin it for everyone else that can get a copy.I don't understand why some people just have to take upon themselves to enforce what obviously microsoft has no problem with.It's a business decision on best buys part and it's their problem if they get in trouble.I'll bet some of you even called to try to turn best buy in to MS, waaaaaaa. :(Grow up and mind your own freaking business and go fly fs9 until FSX comes to your area.

Guest JoJoDawg

>Just picked up my copy of fs x deluxe at Best Buy in South>Setauket.>There were about 7 copies of each version on the shelf. And>this is only after I put a deposit on a copy at Game Stop this>morning. They still show the 17th!>> Here is a picture>http://imageserver4.textamerica.com/user.i...04135223741.jpg>Way to put your product key on the internet. Not very smart.

way to point it out to everyone else...even SMARTER :-)you should have just privately emailed him or the avsim staff to point it out Dave