Sign in to follow this  
FlyingsCool

What ATC is fixed in FSX?

Now that the retail version is avail in some parts of the US, I am interested to know what ATC has been fixed1) Can we now use cross runways?2) Can we getter a better ATIS range then 60NM?3) DO AI planes go slower than 250K under 10000'?4) Do the AI planes sound more releastic? -not as importantthanks you

Brent,None of them all 4. Nothing changed except the ATC interface (clickable with the mousepointer). Very sad.But maybe with the new interface SimConnect the free- or payware desgners will make great add-ons to make ATC en AI better or even perfect. We have to wait and see.Regards,Jeroen van SchoneveldVelserbroekThe Netherlandshttp://www.captainsim.com/user/dl/b757/752_users_banner.gif http://sales.hifisim.com/pub-download/asv6-banner-proud.jpgASUS A8N-SLI, AMD Athlon 64 4000+ (2,4 Ghz) San Diego processor, 2Gb DDR 400 Mhz Corsair Mem, ASUS V6800 PCIE Ultra 256 MB video

Regards,

Jeroen

The Netherlands

we will be releasing radar contact version 4.3 shortly. as you can tell by the version number, we've been around a while.jd

re:2) Can we getter a better ATIS range then 60NM?Straight from the Faa-section 4-1-13:"ATIS transmissions on a discrete VHF radio frequency are engineered to be receivable to a maximum of 60 NM from the ATIS site and a maximum altitude of 25,000 feet AGL. At most locations, ATIS signals may be received on the surface of the airport, but local conditions may limit the maximum ATIS reception distance and/or altitude."True sometimes you can get Atis further out--but why would you want to "fix" something that is essentially "correct" and by the book.....Something however that is not realistic about Fs Atis is that it always starts right at the beginning. In the real world it is a continually running tape-and you hardly ever catch it right at the "beginning". Now that could use "fixing" imho. It is always like Murphy's law-you tune atis at a busy time trying to get info on your 2nd comm-and it is at the part of the tape talking about unlighted towers etc.-then it gets to what you really want (landing rwy, winds etc.) and atc starts talking to someone on comm 1 obliterating the info you really want-making you listen to the whole thing 2-3 times more to get the whole picture......http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpg

Hi,It appears that FSX spaces landing aircraft further apart, leading to fewer go arounds (but if at a busy airport fewer landings). The sound is indeed much improved - you have AI sounds for each individual aircraft type now. I heard a Baron take off and it's engines revved up before starting out.Take care,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Guest guyjr

One other nice touch would be to have more static and interference with the ATIS the further you are from it. And have the actual reception range be a bit variable for each station... in real life, I can never reach my home airport ATIS til about 30 nm away, and even then, it's a bit scratchy.

Rather than extending the range of ATIS, more realistic would be to get the area controller tell you the runway in use, way earlier than before you can pick up the ATIS. That's how I've heard it done IRL..

Hi, This is in response to question 2. In my experience with FS9, if you are operating under IFR (IFR clearance and flight plan), you can pick up the ATIS(or AWOS/ASOS if applicable) when center or approach issues your initial approach instructions(e.g. expect vectors ILS RwyX approach,etc). In some cases, this can be in excess of 100nm from your destination airport, or less than 60nm from your destination airport. Operating under VFR, however, it is normally about 60nm. Whether or not this has changed with FSX will remain to be seen.J.C. (MYNN)PPL ASEL,AMEL Instrument Airplane

Guest drdaru1

I think that's one item _is_ the list of "improvements."

Guest GA Flyer

This is a reply to some of the replies to this topic. In FS2000 we had the static at the fringes of a signal and I have requested it to return for every version after (looks like we dont get it this version either).Geoff speaks of a fix about not starting at the begining every time and I agree. Another fix that would help is that the APP controller doesnt tell you what approach to expect until to get a chance to hear ATIS first.What I mean is in FS9 as soon as ATIS starts playing is the point at which ATC tells you what approach and runway to expect not giving you anytime to hear the field conditions first. I've always hated that. I've not read if this is or not fixed or has changed in FSX.Lastly, about the AI sound. I cant wait to hear this for myself. I use FShotseatFX and it truly adds alot to the overall sim. Hopefully FSX wont need addon sound for AI anymore but FSHSFX does add other sounds as well.