Sign in to follow this  
papaja

November 21st, 2019 – Development/Insider Update

13 hours ago, richfx said:

I wonder why it’s been delayed and if it’s cause for concern.

Please.  No more conspiracy theories, predictions of doom and gloom or that MS is fleecing us.    Sometimes a delay is just....a delay.

Edited by ErichB

They've already said what's going on. In the emails we've seen, they have been talking about preparing, compiling and testing the build that's supposed to go in the hands of the testers. Then they hit a snag with one of the builds, not going through the testing phase. Thus, they fix the issues and compile another build for testing. Now, last email, that was an update the latest build is being tested and they are 'very close...', always expect at least a week+ to make sure a build is green lit for a wider audience. Plus, they could suddenly discover a showstopper at the end of that testing phase, which means another fix, another compile, another test. 

All part of the deal. 

• Like 2

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

2 hours ago, ErichB said:

Please.  No more conspiracy theories, predictions of doom and gloom or that MS is fleecing us.    Sometimes a delay is just....a delay.

Conspiracy theory? Don’t be so dramatic!  Just curious.

Rich Holding

1 hour ago, richfx said:

Conspiracy theory? Don’t be so dramatic!  Just curious.

Not aimed at you specifically, but there is more than enough general negativity about every little thing that happens, gets said, or does not get said regarding the new sim.  I don't think there is cause for any concern though.

Edited by ErichB
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, ErichB said:

Not aimed at you specifically, but there is more than enough general negativity about every little thing that happens, gets said, or does not get said regarding the new sim.  I don't think there is cause for any concern though.

I don’t think it’s cause for concern but I do understand people being a bit sceptical after the sudden closure of the ACES studio ten years ago. 

Rich Holding

Well, people should be aware that Aces belonged to Microsoft, and ASOBO does not. 

They are obviously taking time to make sure that what they will release will be the best they can do, so far, as they have said before. So, that should shoot the conspiracy theorists in their feet. 

LOL... Only on Avsim! 

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

22 minutes ago, Wobbie said:

Well, people should be aware that Aces belonged to Microsoft, and ASOBO does not. 

I don't think that has any bearing on the risk.  The new sim is an outsourcing arrangement between Microsoft and Osobo, so it isn't like Osobo could just keep selling or supporting the sim if MS pulls the plug - unless they acquired the licence for it.   In the realm of potential possibilities, it's the same risk, although probably very, very small.

Actually, no risk to us simmers at all. Apart from popcorn. 

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

If I am not mistaken they are about 15 days late which for such a complex project is very little. Remember two teams in two countries far part, several layers of innovative technologies some of them coming from outside of the two teams (eg Azure), a relatively new paradigm for gaming (streaming) and an alpha open to non pro testers. Makes for a lot of unknown unknowns...

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Anyone know more about the fact that the next update is slated for today, Wednesday, rather than tomorrow, Thursday? Perhaps it's a typo in the DR.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

10 minutes ago, threegreen said:

Anyone know more about the fact that the next update is slated for today, Wednesday, rather than tomorrow, Thursday? Perhaps it's a typo in the DR.

Thursday is Thanksgiving holiday in the U.S., that might be the reason.

• Upvote 1

I believe it was said that the original delay happened because the build compilation failed. The simulator is a very complex piece of software, and if they are going to cut it down in parts so that each group of testers are testing something different, it becomes a lot more difficult to launch the programme. They also have to prepare the scenery streaming infrastructure to be able to handle a large amount of users at once. I don't think there's any cause for concern.

Yeah Alphas/Betas are not easy to handle for Developer as well for testers. For me its less a concern i mean MS came around and brought a new generation of flight simulator around the corner. Nobody expected that MS will ever do a Flight Simulator and at least that this will happen in this time now. 

For me personally its only that the Alpha should started 1 month ago and everytime u read yeah "coming soon". If they would say something like. "We are at the moment working on the alpha to have less problems at the beginning and expect the alpha 1 at end of the year" this would give the DEVS more time and us the suprise when its then there instead of expecting this to an written date which they may cant hold because alphas for a huge account of testers is not easy to handle. Different hardware and different software makes it uncountable to test everything. But for me i think they try to test a lot before and to have less stress when rolling out the alpha. 

I think the delay is because they want to really build an impression with this alpha build. They know this for a fact that NDA will be broken and some people might guage this alpha product as final. Seems to be the general trend doesn't it? With people already nit picking the pre alpha footage. So they want this alpha build as bug free as possible so the cloud of hype keeps rolling and people's dreams are not shattered. At such crucial stage they cant really risk negative publicity.

Edited by Baber20

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive