Sign in to follow this  
papaja

November 21st, 2019 – Development/Insider Update

Gotta stop watching these vids, makes my heart race. RIP FSX FSX-SE P3D and XP11

Hello MSFS and DCS

ZORAN

3 hours ago, deetee said:

Another jaw-dropping episode...!

I appreciate the talented folks at Asobo are non-native English speakers, but I’m a little surprised at Microsoft not checking the presentation for blatant grammatical errors prior to publication (“aircrafts”?). 

How Petty! And of zero importance to all!

• Like 10
  • Upvote 3

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

With black Friday and cyber Monday around the corner, it would nice if we could hear about what kinda super beast computer is going to be needed to run this thing like the videos.

• Like 1

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

12 minutes ago, Dreamflight767 said:

With black Friday and cyber Monday around the corner, it would nice if we could hear about what kinda super beast computer is going to be needed to run this thing like the videos.

We have a year to wait.. 

Wait for Black Friday & Cyber Monday 2020..

• Like 3

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

12 minutes ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Pretty sure no differance to any other modern 'game" Take a look at DCS and what their requirements are. You wont need a NASA powered PC

ZORAN

8 hours ago, reignman40 said:

Call me crazy but for the first time ever I think a hot air balloon would be interesting in this sim.

OMG you’re so right. Balloons. No further justification is needed as it’s the obvious corollary to this episode. Just think of the modding potential!

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, cepact said:

I bet PMDG will issue an update as soon as MSFS is released to prevent users from porting their aircrafts to the new sim using legacy file system and physics, just like they did when P3D was released.

Then they will make us pay the same price for the legacy version, and we'll have to buy a third time an even more expensive version with the new physics.

Very likely. Start saving

This video is exactly what I have wanted to see and hear for 20 years

Edited by ErichB
  • Upvote 1

Re study level aircraft comments- the most important aspect is getting the sim physics accurate so that you don’t have to then fake fuel burn, ground friction, hack the aero package artistically to achieve 1 flight regime at a fixed Mach

I am soo excited that it seem like we will be able to populate real world data into the “airfile” and achieve accurate aerodynamic/thrust performance. Really hoping the EPR table has been fixed here also?

So when it comes to complex cockpits, leave the systems to the 3rd parties  but allowing them to read sim variables only will make life so much easier 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wobbie said:

How Petty! And of zero importance to all!

Fair enough 😉 anyway back to the subject at hand:

Austin - “So let’s talk about Blade Element Theory.”

Sebastian - “Hold my beer...”

• Like 5

AMAZING!!!   Thanks for the update.......

MSFS2020

MICHAEL J     proud supporter

KJAX   FLORIDA

57 minutes ago, zmak said:

Pretty sure no differance to any other modern 'game" Take a look at DCS and what their requirements are. You wont need a NASA powered PC

I don’t think it will be the same requirements as any other modern game, at least not current modern games. Games are tracking towards needing more powerful CPUs than they have over the last decade, and the new consoles seem to be compounding that direction too. I think this is going to be similar to modern games in 2020+, but will make proper use of beefy CPUs with all this aero calculation going on. 

4 hours ago, Alan_A said:

My take - I would have left it alone.  It's authentic - like their accents.  It's who they are.

A matter of taste, of course, so pros can disagree about this.

Nitpicking about this silly, unimportant stuff is the best way to demotivate the entire team.

I speak from experience, as a former professional programmer myself.

Cheers.

• Like 5

The most important question still remains.......how fast and reliable do our internet connections need to be to see and feel all of this detail without interruptions?

• Upvote 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

10 hours ago, Joachim said:

What is this "feedback snapshot" ? anybody know, thanks

From the October 10th update:

FEEDBACK PIPELINE

TLDR  – There is a Feedback Dashboard. The dashboard contains a summary of all feedback we collect from community discussions on a daily basis. Feedback is triaged, prioritized, and assigned a plan of action. We will provide the output of this pipeline to the community in a document tentatively called the “Feedback Snapshot” on a regular basis.

• Like 1

Give people power to really test their personality.