Sign in to follow this  
papaja

November 21st, 2019 – Development/Insider Update

A first impact, I saw the Airbus of the Wilco Pub.

CASE: Cooler Master MasterBox Lite 5 MB: Msi Z590 Tomahawk CPU: Intel i7 11700K RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 2400 MHz COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 120 HD: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB GPU: Nvidia (Asus A8G) GTX 1080 PSU: Cooler Master V750 FAN: Cooler Master MasterFan Pro 120 Air Flow RGB (x4).

302318.png     Lorenzo Guidotti

1 hour ago, Julkensen said:

This is the first time I'm really underwhelmed by MSFS, this cockpit is really not looking good. i know its WIP and all, but they claimed their planes were close to study level, and while I admit all other planes i've see so far in other trailer seem top notch, this 320 is far from it.

It looks nothing like the real thing. I've seen 10 years old freeware look better and more accurate than this. The fonts and colors are not accurate, the PFD and ND looks nothing like the real thing. The Engine display looks like the early 320's from the 80's when they used CRT screen, it sure as hell don't look like that  on EIS2 a320s.

I fly fslabs a320 almost exclusively these days, maybe I've been spoiled by its quality. I'll still get msfs on day one, but i'll  stick to GA aircraft while fslabs, PMDG and Qualitywings bring their 320 747 and 787 to MSFS to fly airliners in the new sim. Good thing they're releasing the SDK early.

This might be on a different build.

• Like 2

I believe the displays in the E3 trailer were static for the A320neo, could very well have just been some placeholder textures until they implemented the functioning displays. I definitely agree with others in that the displays in this latest video, don't quite match those of A320neos today. But the physical 3D modelling looks good. Colouring looks a bit dull but could be a result of the atmospheric lighting in the video, scattered/broken clouds and no direct sunlight. All in all, we will have to see how it goes, but we will always have 3PD and the early SDK is amazing news to them, especially the smaller devs.

• Upvote 1

P3Dv4 + XP11

MFS

Much more of a geeky jaw drop compared to the previous visual jaw drop of the earlier videos. Make no mistake though. This sim is a whole different level to what we've had before. Bravo.

Edited by richfx
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 5

Rich Holding

Really incredible, this is basically everything the physics/flight model enthusiasts have been asking for since decades.

The images with the force vectors on the aircraft remind very, very closely of the XP approach, but with even more surfaces modeled. I like to think that this new flight model is a testament to the approach that XP pioneered decades ago, and that MFS was maybe influenced by it, in the face of some sad XP haters we read on these forums...

I would have loved an even more technical insight on the new flight model, for example how does it deal with induced drag (which depends on the whole wing and not on the single modeled surfaces) or how does it deal with high-mach drag, which is more complex to model in a surface-element flight model. But I reckon it would have been too technical, and we'll learn more anyway when MFS will be available.

Edited by Murmur
  • Like 4

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

okay seriously, am I still alive? This is incredible!

But also for some reason the scenery in this video didn't quite live up to "past" videos? Did anyone else notice that? MAYBE this is actually an older build/video than some of the others? Something is off compared to the scenery in past - almost like they just "blanketed" photo scenery from Bing over the land?

Edited by KERNEL32

28 minutes ago, KERNEL32 said:

okay seriously, am I still alive? This is incredible!

But also for some reason the scenery in this video didn't quite live up to "past" videos? Did anyone else notice that? MAYBE this is actually an older build/video than some of the others? Something is off compared to the scenery in past - almost like they just "blanketed" photo scenery from Bing over the land?

Were all these four videos shown at the preview event? That might explain why we percieve them as being 'old'?

2 hours ago, Sticky said:

the legacy code part was interesting....

I wonder if the Real Air Scout I bought all the way back in FS2K4 will still be flyable in the 2020 MFS?   Sounds like it just might!!!!

3 hours ago, HighTowers said:

Super awesome work! Talk about high fidelity simulation. Finally some real proper ground friction. Great to see all the air currents interacting with land mass in that way. Probably going to feel rather different flying with these new aerodynamics and so many points of interaction on the aircraft itself. 

SDK work is great news. Hopefully thus dampens all the speculative posts in this regard. 

Can't wait for next week's cockpit video. 

Same here, I want to see or verify the TBM 930 is a G3000, which I am sure it is, just want to see it, and other cockpits too, actually all of them for the announced planes so far 🙂 I'm am super excited, hope the Cockpit Discovery is detailed, but I'll take what they offer. Great work ASOBO and MS, way to keep the community informed, very nice job!

Edited by in2tech
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

3 hours ago, cepact said:

dV5LFOF.png

I'm going to stick to my Aerosoft a320/a321 cockpit better than this one. This one fells lacking, like it is missing something. For me, It will depend on how detailed the FMS and checklists are. I don't see why you would need an outside connection to receive fonts and markings. The Aerosoft one works offline just as good as it works online.

Edited by ErrorCode

Awesome!  Those aerodynamics are waaaay beyond what we've had this far

As for the Scarebus cockpit...meh...default aircraft have never been amazing in the systems category.  I'm not worried.

Someone said on the first page MS said they were doing near study level acft...I haven't heard that...and believe that's not the case.

Edited by ryanbatcund
  • Like 4

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Well. Considering that video was about aerodynamics, and we don’t even know when that scene was recorded, maybe we are assuming to much about that cockpit. Next week we will have some more info about them.

But the cockpit is almost the same as the NEO one (visually). Maybe the problem is how empty the Airbus cockpits looks compared to Boeing ones. It’s true that some numbers, fonts and screens doesn’t look like Airbus ones, but then I go back to the starting point, we don’t know yet when it was recorded. 

And for the rest of the video. Stunning as usual. I really likes how they recreated Courchevel. Maybe some markings on the runway could be added, and those trees covering the hotel next to the runway should be deleted (idk, just talking about what google maps show). But it’s awesome for a default scenery. What I don’t know is if it’s “Azure made” (improbably) or “hand made” (my bet). 

And those new physics are incredible. 

Edited by aleex
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

Someone said on the first page MS said they were doing near study level acft...I haven't heard that...and believe that's not the case.

Study level is relative.  There's no way they can do FS Labs level stuff, unless they dedicate an entire team to just one plane.

• Upvote 2

Guys, I know you're excited about "study level airliners", but just a reminder that the VAST majority of the market will not be worried about (or wanting necessarily) flipping literally every switch and following every checklist bullet point to the tee, just to get pushed back and taxiing.

That is the niche within the niche for sure.

I hope they do a great job on the planes they pack in, but I fully expect "study level" stuff to be left to third parties, so that those who want to pay for the work required there are able to do so.

• Like 12
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

Awesome!  Those aerodynamics are waaaay beyond what we've had this far

As for the Scarebus cockpit...meh...default aircraft have never been amazing in the systems category.  I'm not worried.

Of course we won't know until the sim is released. But my understanding from some of the XO19 interviews was that the default aircraft in the sim will be like their real world counter part. And I am only going by what ASOBO said in interviews and have no clue, but I do believe this to be true. We will only find out for sure when the sim is released, or maybe, just maybe NEXT week for the Cockpit Discovery series, maybe?

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ