Sign in to follow this  
simtom

Partnership Announcement - ICON

11 minutes ago, rjfry said:

The screen looks just like a game with dials on the screen like racing game on dear it is a game, I don't fly like that.

Stick to your P3D then.

It should be obvious by now, but apparently it isn't, that MSFS will ALSO have a friendly interface and  different difficulty levels for new people approaching the genre. And this is without even considering most modern games have an option to modify the GUI and what is shown on screen.

Edited by france89
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

4 minutes ago, rjfry said:

The screen looks just like a game with dials on the screen like racing game on dear it is a game, I don't fly like that.

You do realise that all of that will be configurable? Its aimed at those, who want to fly in the 3rd person view with assists on giving you a bit of arcady feel. Some people would just want to explore the world and that will probably be the best way to go about it. Stop with the tantrum.

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive

1 minute ago, Baber20 said:

You do realise that all of that will be configurable? Its aimed at those, who want to fly in the 3rd person view with assists on giving you a bit of arcady feel. Some people would just want to explore the world and that will probably be the best way to go about it. Stop with the tantrum.

It was a joke you lot are getting touchy I hope MFSF lives up to your hype. we have seen the trailer let hope the film is as good.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

2 minutes ago, rjfry said:

It was a joke you lot are getting touchy I hope MFSF lives up to your hype. we have seen the trailer let hope the film is as good.

In these times and with the precedents only too regularly apparent on these forums, it would be wise to include some smileys for a health warning if any jokes are attempted.

I completely agree, if there are arcade-like dials on the screen, it's a no-buy for me 😎🤣😁😜

• Like 3

9 hours ago, guenseli said:

Even better: they are running it from a calculator!!!

c43a3Cs.jpg

Umm, that's a conference phone.

What I'm wondering is, what exactly does the partnership mean? Is Icon just flight testing the aircraft in sim, or is there more to it than that? 

Harry Voyager

3 minutes ago, HarryVoyager said:

What I'm wondering is, what exactly does the partnership mean? Is Icon just flight testing the aircraft in sim, or is there more to it than that?

From what I've read I think it includes more than just them testing the aircraft. They said that for some aircraft they received the CAD drawings and such. I do believe they want to re-create the smaller GA aircraft on a 1:1 scale.

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.

Glad to see them using the same joystick I have since few years now and that replaced all the expensive fancy nonsense controllers I had from CH and Saitek... 🙂

And this Outside view + basic gauges where already part of MS Flight I think? Or even FSX as well?

But it feels they are doing some specific numbers checks here...

Scenery for Flight Simulators since 1998

2 hours ago, HarryVoyager said:

Umm, that's a conference phone.

Wow, than it is even more incredible!

Hope MSFS will look good in this tiny little screen, but at least it is a nice panorama widescreen

😁

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6 hours ago, rjfry said:

That's just in spot view. Very few "serious simmers" fly from spot view, but some do...

It's not my cup of tea either fwiw.

On the other hand, he did mention that he is "fine tuning" the FDE, and there are diagnostic lines on the big monitor, that seems why they are in that view.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Loved flying the A5 in Flight; really pleased that it is a default aircraft in MSFS 2020. Can't wait to "tool around" my home city and enjoy the scenery with this aircraft.

Ken

2 hours ago, BaronKen said:

Loved flying the A5 in Flight; really pleased that it is a default aircraft in MSFS 2020. Can't wait to "tool around" my home city and enjoy the scenery with this aircraft.

We should be seeing the Icon 5 taking off and landing on water at some point in upcoming videos right? If they go looking for Aerocaches, and fly through hot air balloons, it will be too funny. Some people loved doing that stuff. And of course some hated it. Just give a wide range of things for all simmers to do. Missions has been pretty much confirmed, and some people will never get near them. Others will have a blast, and since even the community should be able to make mission's. We will never run out of them. I think! If they have missions in the first release, you know there will be one for the Icon 5 🙂 

Once again good for MS and ASOBO for giving us more info!

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ