Sign in to follow this  
Scottoest

Unrest in the Sim Community

8 hours ago, Airboeing said:

My feeling is quite the opposite, that FS2020 is generally seen as the holy grail.

Exactly. The level of excitement and prediction of flight sim utopia based on a sim that no-one even has on their hard drive yet reminds me of children on Christmas Eve anticipating the arrival of Santa.

36 minutes ago, Holdit said:

Exactly. The level of excitement and prediction of flight sim utopia based on a sim that no-one even has on their hard drive yet reminds me of children on Christmas Eve anticipating the arrival of Santa.

Now tell us something new 😉 !

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

15 hours ago, Theboot100 said:

The title of the game is microsoft flight simulator, not fs2020

I don't think 'microsoft flight simulator' is the actual title yet. Its more like a working title.

Jorg was asked this question in the Avsim podcast and said they hadn't decided yet what the actual title would be. 

• Upvote 1

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

10 hours ago, domkle said:

I would go beyond that. I find it comforting to think that my sim is backed by a leading aerospace contractor, known for its competence in building aircraft, imagery satellites and AI software and which has its main  customer base  in the aeronautical sector.

I've worked with a lot of defence contractors and assessed their methods and we need not worry, Competence with a capital C.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

I see it as a service rather than a standalone game or product.

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.

3 hours ago, SteveW said:

I've worked with a lot of defence contractors and assessed their methods and we need not worry, Competence with a capital C.

A lot of words that might apply start with "C"

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Holdit said:

"Yeah...but in our household..Santa ALWAYS delivered...."!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, irrics said:

I see no reasons to poke fun in this respect.

I am in a situation where I can not even start XP anymore. I do not know if I am the only one in this case (no matter) but I do not have any more pleasure.All my head is excited by a modern future .For me it's going to be a new way to fly, to communicate and to share .FS look like an big "open mind" with all the positive effects and even for those who do not know it yet....And if FS is completely failed,I will not be able to go back anyway.I have seen the truth too much.Today I am more in the influence of a new investment for a new big Setup Gaming than endless patches without surprise for my current sim...I have a big tiredness.I am changing to prepare myself for this new world. I already know that I will not be disappointed.I am already a Simer different .

• Like 6

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

2 hours ago, SteveW said:

I see no reasons to poke fun in this respect.

I wasn't poking fun..

We must be thinking of different "c words"

Edited by irrics
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, irrics said:

I wasn't poking fun..

like Careless for example. Otherwise I'm not sure what you are saying in your post exactly, are you agreeing or disagreeing? You didn't upvote me so I suppose you are disagreeing?

13 minutes ago, irrics said:

I wasn't poking fun..

3 hours ago, irrics said:

I see your post got upvoted but my post did not. That surely implies someone else thinks we are opposite in views or else the upvoting is unfair.

Maybe "c words" in mind were "Cool" perhaps? That would be good. Or what about Careful, maybe a little weak...what about charismatic or charming? Nope. Cute maybe? Lockheed Martin is cute?

lol. Only joking.

• Like 2

I used to do QA audit (quality assurance) on various projects at contractors. I was a science officer with a background including the calibration maintenance repair and documentation of some of our national standards for a bit. Basically I was referring to a Commendable top-tier effort throughout these firms. Some projects even including hardware tech that eventually came into PCs as well. So I would guess it's not so easily understood exactly how much they can do at LM with their P3D developments.

The OP is Clearly on to something.

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB