Sign in to follow this  
David Mills

Other Flight Sim Forums in Denial

I have to chuckle when reading this topic. On one hand we moderators and Avsim proper get taken to task for locking threads and now people want us to lock threads.

No matter which way we go someone gets their knickers in a knot.

We have certain rules set down by the BOD and we try our best to follow them. If we don't we get called out by management. Certain things such as arguing, personal attacks, profanity, politics, religion, and other common sense items result in threads being locked and members getting an unpaid vacation.  Rob is fully aware of this as he was a moderator here too.

Management has requested we soften our approach to certain things and we have done so. But understand, keeping everyone happy will never happen. Some people would gripe if they were run over by a Rolls Royce.

So, we trudge on daily doing what we do the best way we can. Keep it civil and follow the TOS and the thread will live.

• Like 6

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

1 hour ago, mSparks said:

True that, google maps is already less buggy

at the risk of repeating myself, flight simulator offers a technological gap. What is unfortunate with you is that your anti-microsoft ethics prevent you from admitting things that are purely obvious.

Each video is introduced by "powered by Azure AI". The proposed graphics is unprecedented, the ingredients are, therefore, a correction of satellite maps by AI, correction made thanks to many data sources, we also have a weather, clouds, lights, shadows calculated by contribution to physical phenomena.

If you watch the video "9 Beautiful Cities in 4K60 - X019", you can see videos that last for long minutes. Having personally visited Florence, Brussels, and Naples I find it amazing. The AI corrects a lot of things compared to your google version, the buildings are straight, etc.

There are still some flaws, which are not hidden, so the transparency is there. And it could be like that at the release that it would suit me very well. But they're still a year's work.

On current simulators we can feel too much the textures applied, the tones that differ from one addon to another, in short the lack of coherence, homogeneity.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, azulkb said:

But they're still a year's work.

And then some, no point getting particularly excited about an unproven technology running on hardware no one owns or has particularly experienced. Not "denial" to not get caught up in the frenzy.

Especially when graphics are such a tiny portion of what makes a flight simulator, if "superdeluxe Google maps flight sim" is what people were looking for

https://support.google.com/earth/answer/148089?hl=en

Would be the most popular flight sim, with googles huge resources thrown at it.

12 minutes ago, azulkb said:

On current simulators we can feel too much the textures applied, the tones that differ from one addon to another, in short the lack of coherence, homogeneity.

If you want to change that, one way or another, you are still going to have to get your wallet out. what are you waiting for?

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

8 minutes ago, mSparks said:

And then some, no point getting particularly excited about an unproven technology running on hardware no one owns or has particularly experienced. Not "denial" to not get caught up in the frenzy.

Especially when graphics are such a tiny portion of what makes a flight simulator, if "superdeluxe Google maps flight sim" is what people were looking for

If you want to change that, one way or another, you are still going to have to get your wallet out. what are you waiting for?

Orbx not cover 100% planet , and for the cover area, it's not the same homeogenity.

at 1:33 i see very flat texture, and photographic wave in the sea , nothing move. night is poor. and you need plenty space in hard drive

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, azulkb said:

Orbx not cover 100% planet

Neither does bing.

at 1:33 i see very flat texture, and photographic wave in the sea ,

Called updates

nothing move

Literally 27 seconds in for cars driving on the road.

night is poor. and you need plenty space in hard drive

Now you are just inventing problems. Still going to need "plenty of hardrive space" with MSFS2020 to cache its "2 petabytes of data". It will only take you 1,000 days to cover the entire world on a 200Mbs network connection, all the while paying $10 a month for Microsoft Gamepass. 

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

21 minutes ago, mSparks said:

So since you seem to love this image from FS2020, and a snip from the ORBX video you linked.  What looks better?  ORBX or some alpha 1.5 years before release trailer

https://ibb.co/qCZcmDg
https://ibb.co/YhqY1zM

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mSparks said:

Neither does bing.

Called updates

Now you are just inventing problems. Still going to need "plenty of hardrive space" with MSFS2020 to cache its "2 petabytes of data". It will only take you 1,000 days to cover the entire world on a 200Mbs network connection, all the while paying $10 a month for Microsoft Gamepass. 

Man, I hope you did get some sleep last night. You know, X-Plane is a perfectly fine sim, don't let this new sim bother you if you love it so much.

• Like 3

Neither does bing.

that why that use AI

Called updates

this new tech permit better update

i talk about photo texture on the sea, nothing move in the wave. sea wave.

no need to cache.

and for the night :

https://ibb.co/Htxw913

• Like 1

fools , let the thing release and then starting punching each other. nonsense thread 

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

13 minutes ago, Theboot100 said:

So since you seem to love this image from FS2020, and a snip from the ORBX video you linked.  What looks better?  ORBX or some alpha 1.5 years before release trailer

https://ibb.co/qCZcmDg
https://ibb.co/YhqY1zM

The one I can use now, in VR, on hardware that is for sale now - surely?

Come back to me with that question when you have a shot of MSFS2020 that runs on hardware in ~100% of people machines rather than 0.000000001%.

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

Just now, mSparks said:

Come back to me with that question when you have a shot of MSFS2020 that runs on hardware owned by ~100% of people machines rather than 0.000000001%.

You didn't answer the question. And you don't know what MFS requirements are.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mSparks said:

Come back to me with that question when you have a shot of MSFS2020 that runs on hardware in ~100% of people machines rather than 0.000000001%.

This is your problem. your beliefs are not realities. this question of machine performance, it has already been addressed dozens of times in dozens of interviews. But you decided to ignore it.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

and have to say the same things to the same person who went on a crusade against Microsoft.

hqdefault.jpg

Edited by azulkb
  • Like 3

Don't understand why they keep feeding the mSparks troll.

Edited by FDEdev
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 3