Sign in to follow this  
David Mills

Other Flight Sim Forums in Denial

9 hours ago, mSparks said:

There are two ways of drawing things.

From data - everything you draw is stored somewhere, so flying from say EGLL to EHAM you have to get all the data along the way from where it is stored into graphic memory.

XP11 currently mostly does this, drawing more is limited by how fast you can get that data into the GPU.

MSFS2020 as shown in the videos is likely doing this -> which in my humble opinion is why all the videos are never more than a few seconds in length, if you want to see what it looks like after those few seconds, open up google maps in Seattle and click the 3d button in the bottom right then wander around a bit.

Alternatively

Procedurally - grass and clouds are the most common example of this now (stream processors). you don't store every blade of grass or every droplet of water in a cloud, you create them from some algorithm. -> CPU/GPU compute.

I've read your comments without any real intent to post, however it seems that most of your posts are proving that you are in denial, and I think that you don't even realise it.

I'm no MS fanboi (although the new MS flight sim looks to have lots of potential) as I have and use most of the main PC based flight sims, so I consider myself fairly impartial.

Edited by eaim
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

53 minutes ago, Baber20 said:

This thread sure served its purpose. Baited all the trolls from the org into vomiting nonsense here. I must say the last few pages have been amusing nonetheless..

You haven't seen the worst of the trolls, SkyWatcher from flightsim.com who claims FS9 is the best simulator and MSFS clouds are ugly:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?319114-FS2004-users-looking-at-buying-the-new-MSFS

• Like 1

4 hours ago, azulkb said:

It's funny. We quote you a lot of interviews to tell you that it will run on current machines for example, and you don't want to hear it. 

well it's an example among many, but basically you can pick up the thread on x-plane and make us a copy and paste of everything you said there, here, and I will come to the same conclusion. so we'll save time, here's your last post from x-plane.org:

At Cosford, when I was talking to people in a private conversation who had been to Seattle and had posted video's on Youtube/Twitch they all said how brilliant it was and it is the real deal, they had no reason to lie, in a private conversation as they had nothing to gain, they said performance was excellent, and the code isn't even optimised yet

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

4 hours ago, MattNischan said:

I think the big issue here is the default stance being taken.

It is arrogant to make the assumption that MSFS is a smoke and mirrors vaporware show while not applying that same skepticism towards other sims that have yet to deliver certain things.

Great post mate, agree 100%

Edited by n4gix
Removed rediculously long quote!
  • Like 2

I agree that this thread has skidded too far off the topic. Closed for further comment. :happy:

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

23 minutes ago, n4gix said:

I agree that this thread has skidded too far off the topic. Closed for further comment. :happy:

I think you forgot to actually close the thread!

But to be honest if you want to avoid a new version of this thread i believe you should ban a certain obvious troll who's clearly only here to stir the pot.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, rjfry said:

I think there is an issue a new sim is announced and suddenly third party developers are getting dumped on, when without them Microsoft would not have a going concern ( flight simulator) to come back to it would have died years ago.  

Don't fear change Ray. What 3rd party developers have done for our community has been great to keep our hobby alive, this day was always going to come, and ultimately they run a business and they will adapt.

Microsoft Fllight Simulator moves the industry forward, will be more accessible, better looking, and hopefully create a much bigger market for the community to apply there trade so everybody should benefit.

Edited by dtrjones

1 hour ago, steve310002 said:

I read in one of the translated Asobo interviews that they had achieved around 45fps in 4K on their 2080ti

Yes I’ve seen that. I think it was in that most recent one (it’s linked on here somewhere), Wloch said they are targeting 4k60 on “big” computers! I think that’s pretty standard for most aaa games these days, other than a few notable exceptions. I guess they will add stuff to it in time (dx12, rtx etc) that will push the requirements up gradually.