Sign in to follow this  
BMW969

PMDG 737NGXu loses FPS

The drawdown of the FPS is quite significant when compared with the old version.

3fhj0l.jpg

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

The difference between 8 year old code and brand new code with dozens of new stuff (more systems, high-res VC with DL etc.).

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

Strange how that works, eh? Usually the new code runs a lot better than the old one.

Edited by Evros
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Evros said:

Strange how that works, eh? Usually the new code runs a lot better than the old one.

When the new code only has to drive the limited complexity that the old NGX had then for sure.

Plenty of info in the changelog.

Edited by JoeFackel

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

Yup. I sure like the new version but the performance is quite bad. I often see half the FPS compared to the NGX. 

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

The new version of 737u is more correct to compare with FSL A320. Completely new visual technologies. And the new comparison suggests that FPS is fine. Here PMDG and FSLabs run toe-to-toe.

🙂

• Like 1

Nick Bebyakin   / Handmade cameraset - Ezdok v2  and Ezdok v3
EZdok Software. Support remains on the     http://www.ezdok-camera.com/

i5-9500F@4.4GHz / 20Gb / RTX 2060-OC-6Gb / Win10x64 / MSFS2020

43 minutes ago, Nickbe said:

And the new comparison suggests that FPS is fine

On a default airport 😉

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

1 hour ago, Nickbe said:

The new version of 737u is more correct to compare with FSL A320. Completely new visual technologies. And the new comparison suggests that FPS is fine. Here PMDG and FSLabs run toe-to-toe.

🙂

Agree The new NG is the same FPS as my FSL now

The NG and the FSL version of the A320 are by far my 2 personal favorite aircraft.

For looks the new NG is best for depth the FSL is still a ahead of anything.

Amongst  all the changers to the NG I think apart from the looks, the good trim noise is the one thing i like the best.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

You apparently aren’t allowed to criticize the performance of this program. There is a justification and reason from everyone why bad performance is ok. For me it runs significantly worse than the 747 which should be equally as complicated. The last update improved things for me somewhat but it still leaves much to be desired.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JasonPC said:

There is a justification and reason from everyone why bad performance is ok.

Nope. But its just plain wrong to compare the new version to its 8 years old predecessor.

Signature3.png

1 hour ago, JasonPC said:

You apparently aren’t allowed to criticize the performance of this program. There is a justification and reason from everyone why bad performance is ok. For me it runs significantly worse than the 747 which should be equally as complicated. The last update improved things for me somewhat but it still leaves much to be desired.

What's with the passive-aggressive butthurt?  People certainly *are* allowed to disagree or offer reasoning for why there might be any performance differences, perceived or real.  I wouldn't think to tell you that you don't see what you see, but when what *I* see is significantly different, it suggests that it's very well explainable by system differences, settings, etc.

What you aren't allowed to do is expect that anyone's conclusions should stand unchallenged.  There's nothing wrong with that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

22 minutes ago, w6kd said:

What's with the passive-aggressive butthurt?  People certainly *are* allowed to disagree or offer reasoning for why there might be any performance differences, perceived or real.  I wouldn't think to tell you that you don't see what you see, but when what *I* see is significantly different, it suggests that it's very well explainable by system differences, settings, etc.

What you aren't allowed to do is expect that your conclusions should stand unchallenged.  There's nothing wrong with that.

I refer back to the original NGXu thread. I politely asked if there was any way to get better performance out of the addon and the response was absolutely harsh and rude from the get go. I was basically told to go away. So I contend that there’s a group on here that automatically believes anything PMDG touches is perfection. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JasonPC said:

if there was any way to get better performance

Limiting PFD and ND refresh rates will help with performance.

6 minutes ago, JasonPC said:

So I contend that there’s a group on here that automatically believes anything PMDG touches is perfection. 

I was hoping that all those shills have migrated to PMDG forums by now.

• Like 2

Dynamic lights seem to be a challenge, especially at night.  They've done some work to improve this in the latest build, but it can still bog down, especially at airports that also feature dynamic lighting.

The EFB can also drag down performance.  There's an option to lower the EFB refresh rate in the FMS options menu, and that can help (without breaking immersion). Turning off the first officer's EFB can help too

Hope this gives you some options to work with.

39 minutes ago, JasonPC said:

I refer back to the original NGXu thread. I politely asked if there was any way to get better performance out of the addon and the response was absolutely harsh and rude from the get go. I was basically told to go away. So I contend that there’s a group on here that automatically believes anything PMDG touches is perfection. 

The referenced previous discussion is on page 11 of this thread: https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/562584-pmdg-737ngxu-first-impressions-and-review/page/11/

I suggest you turn off the snowflake filter and re-read it.  No, you were not told to go away.  One user referred you to a recent post by Randazzo on the PMDG forums addressing the performance issue (which you acknowledged you hadn't yet seen), and one...ONE...(who, BTW, is not a native English-speaker) asked that you not make certain comments.    One guy is not "a group on here."  You are grossly exaggerating both in terms of the number of people involved and in the supposed severity of the comments. 

There has been a good back-and-forth discussion in both of these threads...characterizing them as rude, harsh, or somehow blindly favoring PMDG is somewhere between disingenuous and dishonest.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case