Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

FSL A321 Released

I guess that's the benefit of buying each one as soon as they're released, I'm never faced with the total price tag all at once.  Worth every penny of admission IMHO though.  I'm in $CAD which isn't too far off from AUD...the USD/EUR exchange rates hurt!

• Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

8 hours ago, slait said:

Nope, same spot. Downloads, then A321 - X Liveries on the right.

AmxMJhL.jpg

Why am I not seeing this on the downloads page?  The A321-X Liveries link does not exist for me.

When I purchased the a321 it sent me an email saying it had updated me to the A321X (P3Dv4) customers group.  So, shouldn't I see it?

Thanks for any help,

Daniel

does  for  me  just purchased  the  321,  are  you registered  with  your  details  in the  forum

https://imgur.com/yIk7REK

Edited by pete_auau

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Anybody else notice that the external cockpit windows have no shine/almost non-existent shine/PBR? On top of that, there is almost no color/shade to the external cockpit windshield as well so it looks like the pilots are kind of sitting out in tue open. It looks really odd. It kind of reminds me of the FlightFactor A320. 😞

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

For those that have the A321, when sitting in the left seat, do you have a sense when flying that it is a bigger, heavier and slower climbing aircraft or does it just feel like the A320 but with a sightly different flight deck ?  I

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

2 minutes ago, MarkW said:

For those that have the A321, when sitting in the left seat, do you have a sense when flying that it is a bigger, heavier and slower climbing aircraft or does it just feel like the A320 but with a sightly different flight deck ?  I

It feels more stable on approach but it’s still responsive. It does take a few minutes longer to reach cruise alt. 

37 minutes ago, Arklight1 said:

Anybody else notice that the external cockpit windows have no shine/almost non-existent shine/PBR? On top of that, there is almost no color/shade to the external cockpit windshield as well so it looks like the pilots are kind of sitting out in tue open. It looks really odd. It kind of reminds me of the FlightFactor A320. 😞

I’ve noticed this too

• Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

43 minutes ago, micstatic said:

I’ve noticed this too

I started a thread in the FSLabs model/texture forum. You may want to post in my thread as well since there's a few other people that have noticed as well. Maybe FSLabs will fix it of enough people post about it.

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

1 hour ago, MarkW said:

I did not even think you would be interested in it!!!

They but 1.5 years into it. So no, its not a A320 with a different cockpit. I personally would but the cockpit changers at the bottom of the list apart from the new CPDLC if you fly online that's huge.

You have to taxi more carefully, you have to be very careful on take off to not tail strike rotate, V speeds are nothing like a A320. It climbs slower and you see and feel it, your cruise levels will be lower its very heavy to a A320. Landing and hand flying it feels heaver and it's more easy to land because of its size/weight/stability just like a heavy can feel. I can see why IRL pilots like the A321 best. Its all come across well in how it fly's and handles.

FSL have OCD they will not even bring out SL until they nail what they really bring to the air frame. Your not buying a different external model with a few tweaks to the VC and fuel burn. Your buying an A321.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Enjoy!

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I was sceptical that the A321 could feel very different than the A320, but it’s more different than I could have imagined.  Higher v speeds, slower climb, higher landing speeds, definitely feels like a “small heavy” compared to the A320.  I flew TPA-MSP today and with fuel for that < 3 hour flight I was crawling in the late climb stages to reach FL340.

Taxiing is different too, perhaps counter intuitively it gains speed more quickly at idle thrust than the CFM A320 or A319...it feels more like the IAE A320 and proper taxiing technique is similar by letting it gain speed then applying brakes then repeat.

And Mark, as a fellow Canadian we get both Rouge and Air Canada paint schemes out of the box, just waiting on Transat now to complete the Canadian A321 collection (Air Canada old colours would be a bonus too).

• Like 3

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Is there still not an sdk available for cockpit builders? I’m aware that there are fsuipc offsets for control knobs but no way to display certain variables like ap altitude, vertical speed, etc.

I will just wait patiently until all of the new features make it onto the 320/319 which i have and see if there are any performance improvements or texture improvements. For the price there's a lot to be desired in those fronts and it's a major deception that such high priced products have these kind of "failures".

It feels and sounds realistic, but it looks like a $30 addon in the cockpit. Come on, it's "just" textures, you can do much better.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11