Sign in to follow this  
fakeflyer737

Foreflight

Would be cool if FS2020 could work right off of the bat with ForeFlight the way Xplane and P3D do. 

So many RW GA pilots are using Foreflight these days it would make planning and flying on the PC a lot more realistic. 

Cheers! 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Foreflight and other GA mobile apps like Skydemon, Air Nav Pro, SDVFR to mention a few in the other side of Atlantic 😉 Nevertheless, as they all use the same protocol, it's easier for Asobo. Would be nice to have the trafic (what trafic ?) broadcasted to the mobile app. as well 😉

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

On 1/4/2020 at 10:01 PM, fakeflyer737 said:

Would be cool if FS2020 could work right off of the bat with ForeFlight the way Xplane and P3D do. 

So many RW GA pilots are using Foreflight these days it would make planning and flying on the PC a lot more realistic. 

Cheers! 

I completely agree.  Foreflight is the app used most often by private pilots so would make a lot of sense to integrate it with MSFS2020

• Like 1

Are there any apps that are used world

3 minutes ago, vbazillio said:

In US... Not in Europe 😉

What's used in the UK/Europe? Would love to use something like Foreflight - looks an awesome tool to take flying to the next level.

Flying since the early days of 386’s! 😀 Web developer, sailor, nerd. Contributor to the G36 Improvement Project

PC Specs: Intel i9-9900K on a Aorus Z390 // Pro Wifi motherboard // 32GB Corsair Vengeance Ram, 2x16, 3200mhz DDR4 // RTX3070 Gigabyte, Eagle OC 8GB // WD Blue SN550 (2400) NVMe SSD // 2x LG QHD Monitors, (27QN600) 

Discord Username: CaptMatto#7935

1 hour ago, MattBarraud said:

Are there any apps that are used world

What's used in the UK/Europe? Would love to use something like Foreflight - looks an awesome tool to take flying to the next level.

The European market is more fragmented (and less mature) : Skydemon, Airmate, EasyVFR, Aeronav, Aviamap, Air Nav Pro, SD VFR (french), Mach 7 (french). Pick the one that match better your usage 😉 Personally, when I fly (in real, VFR only) in Europe I use Skydemon and Foreflight in US. I don't have any paper chart anymore but a lot of digital backups on several device and operating system.

19689898073_b23df2b8c9_b_d.jpg

PS : Foreflight for 2 years has heavily invest in Europe (via Jeppesen) and some (among myself) are starting considering using only Forelight for both side of Atlantic. But I think that the briefing phase and preflight (notam, weather...) is less efficient in Foreflight than in Skydemon so far.

Skydemon verbal alert demo. when connected to Prepar3D... that I would love to have in FS2020 :

Edited by vbazillio

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

Only way I’ve gotten it to work is with the flight events app. It works but it causes terrible hitching and stutters. 

Asus X570 TUF WIFI | 5800X3D | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | MSI RTX 4090 | EVGA 1300W | ASUS GT501 TUF | Samsung C49RG90 49" | Oculus Quest 2 | Windows 11 Professional X64

On 8/31/2020 at 7:37 AM, Flying_Brian said:

I am using both ForeFlight and SkyDemon for real flights. With the new Flight Simulator 2020, I tried this weekend a connector from Sim Market called MSFSBridge which happens to work for both. Easy to install, no performances issues at all. Perfect solution.

I use Skydemon irl and thought it would be great to use in sim also, Tried MSFSBridge to link it to the sim and it works perfectly with no perceivable performance hit

best fiver I've spent in a long time 🙂

3 hours ago, Lonesome Cowboy Burt said:

I use Skydemon irl and thought it would be great to use in sim also, Tried MSFSBridge to link it to the sim and it works perfectly with no perceivable performance hit

best fiver I've spent in a long time 🙂

Is Skydemon sorta like ForeFlight but for the UK/Europe? Im trying to find a VFR chart alternative for the UK/Europe. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I have been using XmapsyV3 for years to run Foreflight with MSFS/FSX/XPlane.  Just open XmapsysV3, run MSFS and open Foreflight - very easy setup and flawless operation.

• Upvote 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

On 1/4/2020 at 3:50 PM, vbazillio said:

Foreflight and other GA mobile apps like Skydemon, Air Nav Pro, SDVFR to mention a few in the other side of Atlantic 😉 Nevertheless, as they all use the same protocol, it's easier for Asobo. Would be nice to have the trafic (what trafic ?) broadcasted to the mobile app. as well 😉

I use XmapsysV3 with Foreflight / Garmin Pilot / Skydemon / AIG / PSXT - all traffic is displayed in these apps.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

1 hour ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Is Skydemon sorta like ForeFlight but for the UK/Europe? Im trying to find a VFR chart alternative for the UK/Europe. 

Yes, but it is aimed at VFR flying.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Skydemom is strictly VFR* has charts for a lot of the world though is Europe-centric

Its a subscription deal and might be considered too expensive if you just want a moving map for MSFS, its much more than just a moving map, but that is the only aspect of it that would be useable in MSFS

Actually thats not correct, Its weather functions could also be used in conjunction with live weather in the sim, though of course with the usual accuracy caveats

*See correction in SAS's post following

Edited by Lonesome Cowboy Burt