Sign in to follow this  
Ariel

New 1.9 Update problems in P3D 4.5

13 minutes ago, somiller said:

What I find troubling is that I've gotten the Falcon to fly the ILS GS, but I can't get it to do it reliably.

Agree that is strange. Makes me wonder if we are dealing with some type of initialization problem. What a/c do you use as a default flight (what's in the spinning preview window) before loading the Falcon50?

Al

Al,

Default is the default F22. I've never changed it.

Kind Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

1 hour ago, somiller said:

Al,

Default is the default F22. I've never changed it.

Kind Regards,

Steven,

OK, understand. When you have time suggest you try the F-35 for the default. I have found that works better, at least on my setup. I don't really know why, but guess it has something to do with variables being initialized.

I had another beta tester try the ILS at KTPA -- reported no problems.  I've now flown more than 10 ILS approaches today using two different airports and have not been able to reproduce the ILS problem yet.

Also, just to cover all the bases (and because I'm out of ideas), make sure you always capture the GS 'from below'.

Al

Edited by ark

19 hours ago, LBC said:

Hell Al.

I will do that and, after reinstall it Iwill post here.

Thanks again,

Lincoln

BTW, make sure you have the engines off, the parking brake set, and the fuel truck loaded when trying to change the fuel values.  Changing the passengers or luggage does not require any of that, of course.

Al

Edited by ark

ILS is working and RNAV is working as it should for our beta team and me. Also no other reports from customers minus the few on this thread.

For me to help you on this issue i need better info.

Please reply back with these answers.

1. Load a flight in P3D with the version that you use and then from the upper menu click the help/about and report back to us which version of P3D your using and the number it showed.

2. When opening the 2D RXP GTN 750 the opening screen will show the version please list this info. Also what trainer version do you have?

3. For the Falcon 50 please re download the product from the store as the latest version is 1.9A NOT 1.9. From the programs and features or the installer this will mention the version.

So please reply back to the post with your info....Thanks.

Edited by Flysimware

7 hours ago, ark said:

Agree that is strange. Makes me wonder if we are dealing with some type of initialization problem. What a/c do you use as a default flight (what's in the spinning preview window) before loading the Falcon50?

I noticed that all initialization problems are easily solved by reloading the aircraft. Just when the plane is loaded, you can load it again from P3D menu.

And a quick question for Mark. I have a Falcon 50 bought at Simmarket. Version 1.9 is not currently available there. Will it be available there when you finish the beta test?

Nick Bebyakin   / Handmade cameraset - Ezdok v2  and Ezdok v3
EZdok Software. Support remains on the     http://www.ezdok-camera.com/

i5-9500F@4.4GHz / 20Gb / RTX 2060-OC-6Gb / Win10x64 / MSFS2020

12 minutes ago, Nickbe said:

I noticed that all initialization problems are easily solved by reloading the aircraft. Just when the plane is loaded, you can load it again from P3D menu.

And a quick question for Mark. I have a Falcon 50 bought at Simmarket. Version 1.9 is not currently available there. Will it be available there when you finish the beta test?

Reloading may fix the issue but having the default as the F-35 will prevent this issue from the start.

Yes as soon as we are done beta testing. Will release to all other stores. This prevents headaches if there are new issues.

Edited by Flysimware

Happening for me in:

P3D 4.5.13.32097

P3D 3.4.22.19868

Latest RXP Installed, start screen states 2.5.22 although is actually 2.5.22.1 according to setup/installer also checked DLL files and are 2.5.22.1. Issue also occurs with Flight1 GTN v2.12 both using v6.62 of the trainer.

Have had issue in both sims, currently have 1.9A installed in p3d3 (glideslope doesn't work) and downgraded back to 1.8C in p3d4 (glideslope does work), both sims have original default flights. LJ35 works fine in both sims using RXP...

G

Edited by Gazzareth

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

1 hour ago, Gazzareth said:

Happening for me in:

P3D 4.5.13.32097

P3D 3.4.22.19868

Latest RXP Installed, start screen states 2.5.22 although is actually 2.5.22.1 according to setup/installer also checked DLL files and are 2.5.22.1. Issue also occurs with Flight1 GTN v2.12 both using v6.62 of the trainer.

Have had issue in both sims, currently have 1.9A installed in p3d3 (glideslope doesn't work) and downgraded back to 1.8C in p3d4 (glideslope does work), both sims have original default flights. LJ35 works fine in both sims using RXP...

G

You are perfect on updates. So i suggest making a video or if you can't just try this. 

Fly approach have ALTHLD mode "on" and NAV mode "on" and then press APR mode "on" which will say ARM. Now when the nav captures the nav mode will disable and the APR will say LOC. Now wait until the glideslope needle reaches center and the APR mode will say LOC and GS and the ALTHLD will auto disable. And the nose will drop as it follows the glideslope. 

I write these instructions in case there is a confusion since you up to date and it should be working. But i assume you know what your doing which means there is a issue that nobody but you has.

So last uninstall the F50 then look for a folder and remove anything left over then re install. Now do not add any custom setups try again with our default installation. 

I hope this does the trick as we want to understand what is going on here.

Edited by Flysimware

P3D v4.5.13.32097

RXP GTN750 v2.5.22.1

Garmin Trainer v 6.62

"Fly approach have ALTHLD mode "on" and NAV mode "on" and then press APR mode "on" which will say ARM. Now when the nav captures the nav mode will disable and the APR will say LOC. Now wait until the glideslope needle reaches center and the APR mode will say LOC and GS and the ALTHLD will auto disable. And the nose will drop as it follows the glideslope."

Everything happens exactly as shown in your description, EXCEPT the AP doesn't follow the glideslope.

"But i assume you know what your doing which means there is a issue that nobody but you has." - I have the same problem.

In fact there are 3 of us on this thread alone with the same problem, so I'm not sure why you keep saying that each of us is the only one experiencing this problem...sheesh!

Kind Regards,

• Upvote 1

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

1 hour ago, somiller said:

"But i assume you know what your doing which means there is a issue that nobody but you has." - I have the same problem.

In fact there are 3 of us on this thread alone with the same problem, so I'm not sure why you keep saying that each of us is the only one experiencing this problem...sheesh!

Yeah I thought that as well !!

G

3 hours ago, Flysimware said:

Fly approach have ALTHLD mode "on" and NAV mode "on" and then press APR mode "on" which will say ARM. Now when the nav captures the nav mode will disable and the APR will say LOC. Now wait until the glideslope needle reaches center and the APR mode will say LOC and GS and the ALTHLD will auto disable. And the nose will drop as it follows the glideslope. 

Did the following:

Uninstalled Falcon 50 P3d v3

Deleted XMLTools3d.dll

Deleted simobjects\airplanes\falcon50 directory

Reinstalled Falcon (as admin)

Ran XMLTools installer (as admin)

Did NOT change GPS (realised after I should have panned down in video to show GNS530 in place)

Flew same test flight....

Same Result !

Hopefully you can work out why it isn't following the GS now.

Regards,

G

Has anyone confirmed this question below since you all have confirmed your up to date?

"So last uninstall the F50 then look for a folder and remove anything left over then re install. Now do not add any custom setups try again with our default installation."

Some users do not shut off their computer and if you had flight sim running during installation files may not get over written until the next boot. I have seen this happen before with a few customers.

Also when i said "you" i meant the 3 on this thread as you and so far we have even watched live streams on twitch with our new update and the ILS captures fine. So if we had no ILS capturing my email box would be flooded. So usually if there are a few customers posting on Avsim we find there is just 1 small mistake on their end. But i agree this one is tough to figure out why!!!

@Nickbe is going to also beta test and get back to us on this issue.

Edited by Flysimware

I NEVER install anything while the sim is running. If I have been running P3D I shut it down, and make sure by checking Task Manager to see that P3D is no longer running.

I used the default location when installing so I assume the only folder to delete after uninstall is:

C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes\FLYSIM Falcon 50

I want to make sure there are no other folders that need to be deleted...nothing in ProgramData, or AppData, or User\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons, or User\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files?

Kind Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

2 hours ago, somiller said:

C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes\FLYSIM Falcon 50

This is all that is needed to be removed.

Do you guys have any special addons for P3D besides scenery and aircraft?

I am uploading V1.9B right now and you can try this version to see if this helps you as this is the latest version. So lets try this and go from there. I will post here in 30 minutes when its ready.

Edited by Flysimware