Wennerholm

Nemeth Designs Kamov KA-32A Helix

I´m a bit eager to hear some first buyers reports too.

While P3D(FSX) isn´t very god at Helicopter simulation when it comes to single rotor systems, the coaxial rotor system might be easier simulated for P3D.

I´m also interested to get some reports on how deep and realistic the Helicopter systems are simulated i.e electrical, hydraulics, engine start etc.

Finn Jacobsen

I just bought their S-76 Sikorsky.  It's not bad; flies well, but I'm having some issues with the GPS and AP right now.  I'll figure it out....just got it yesterday.

Nemeth Designs has EXCELLENT customer support.  

Stan

Looks nice....looks like it has PBR!

|Ryan Butterworth|

| i7 4790K@4.4GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA GTX 1080Ti | ASUS Z97-Pro | 1TB 860 Evo | 500GB 840 Evo Win10 Pro | 1TB Samsung 7200rpm | Seasonic X750W |

23 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

I have it, would you like a video?

Cheers, Rob.

Yes, thank´s!

Informal

Ken Wennerholm

UTC +2  ESSA

On 1/29/2020 at 8:58 PM, spilok said:

I just bought their S-76 Sikorsky.  It's not bad; flies well, but I'm having some issues with the GPS and AP right now.  I'll figure it out....just got it yesterday.

Nemeth Designs has EXCELLENT customer support.  

Stan

Thank´s for info! I will give S-76 a try!

Informal

Ken Wennerholm

UTC +2  ESSA

Does it have a rain effect?  The 'product features" doesn't say...

Rhett

i7-8700k @ 5.0 ghz, 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ, 1080Ti, 32" BenQ, 4K res

On 1/30/2020 at 1:21 PM, Wennerholm said:

Yes, thank´s!

See thread below for video:

Cheers, Rob.

• Like 2

1:14 in your second vid (the Courchevel one).  They really ought to advertize that, even if it is not quite the Rainmaker/A2A thing.  It's still all right by me.

Rhett

i7-8700k @ 5.0 ghz, 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ, 1080Ti, 32" BenQ, 4K res

9 hours ago, Mace said:

even if it is not quite the Rainmaker/A2A thing

I believe they are adapting default rain effects in P3D.  TDFi TrueGlass, PMDG's rain effects are better, but glad to see the developer using this FX option for P3D.

Cheers, Rob.  

I have to say that I am impressed of Nemeth Designs Kamov KA-32A Helix (my first software from ND). I use the FSL, A2A, PMDG, Milviz and VRS products. Does ND regularly update its products? 

Informal

Ken Wennerholm

UTC +2  ESSA

I bought it yesterday from Simmarket and the download indicates it's 1.02. But I found the front castor wheels rotate in the wrong direction, when taxiing on the ground. It's also visible in the video from Rob in Courchevel at 5:51. He turns left, the wheels go right. I wrote ND today. Let's see if they ever fix it. I really hope. 

Compared to the Virtavia Helix, which is pretty old, but still works in P3D4.5, the ND Helix is less stable and more difficult to fly. The Virtavia product is far less beautiful inside. Outside it's a remarkable model. Of course no PBR but looks also very good. 

Dan

sjk572-4.png

Have to correct my first impression, it flies pretty stable and is not more difficult to fly than the Virtavia old model. The engine start however is a bit tricky. I´m not really sure I did it right. I´ve seen the videos but it seems a bit different. Would love to have a short procedure written down rather than the manuals complete procedure with no pictures where these switches are. 

Still, there is no reaction from ND on my e-mail about the wrong rotating front gear.

Edited by blaunarwal

sjk572-4.png

3 hours ago, blaunarwal said:

Have to correct my first impression, it flies pretty stable and is not more difficult to fly than the Virtavia old model. The engine start however is a bit tricky. I´m not really sure I did it right. I´ve seen the videos but it seems a bit different. Would love to have a short procedure written down rather than the manuals complete procedure with no pictures where these switches are. 

Still, there is no reaction from ND on my e-mail about the wrong rotating front gear.

I have no problem with the front gear. I have not reverse the axis in FSUIPC. Try to revers your axis regarding the NW.

Edited by Wennerholm

Informal

Ken Wennerholm

UTC +2  ESSA