Sign in to follow this  
G-RFRY

Flight sim survey

Results of the Navigraph survey.

ttps://fselite.net/news/navigraphs-2019-community-survey-results-now-available/

• Like 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Another problem with the H key?

I find their graphs weird.  How can you have 100% spend $0 on flight simulation software, but 95% spent $50, and 90% spent $100?  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, GlideBy said:

I find their graphs weird.  How can you have 100% spend $0 on flight simulation software, but 95% spent $50, and 90% spent $100? 

ROTFL... Seriously calls into question the accuracy of all graphs in their report.  They need to check all graphs and reissue the report. 

Matthew S

42 minutes ago, GlideBy said:

Another problem with the H key?

It is explained in the report. It is a cumulative graph. It should be interpreted as 100% spend $0 or more per year. Approximately 90% spend $100 or more per year. 40% spend $350 or more, 20% $600 or more, etc.

Edited by stephendoc
Typo
  • Like 3

Stephen O'Connell

5 minutes ago, stephendoc said:

It is explained in the report. It is a cumulative graph. It should be interpreted as 100% spend $0 or more per year. Approximately 90% spend $100 or more per year. 40% spend $350 or more, 20% $600 or more, etc.

Ah.. that makes sense.

Matthew S

10 minutes ago, stephendoc said:

It is explained in the report. It is a cumulative graph. It should be interpreted as 100% spend $0 or more per year. Approximately 90% spend $100 or more per year. 40% spend $350 or more, 20% $600 or more, etc

That seems backwards, and in some areas it is useless.  For example you can never know how many, or a percentage of, that spent $0, as it will always be 100%.  This would be really interesting as many mention putting off purchases as they wait for MSFS 2020.

And if you want to know how many spent around $100, how do you calculate that?  If you try to reverse it, say 100%-90%, that would say 10%.  But that is cumulative.  So at best we know 10% spent $100, $50, and $0. So now we have to do even more math... which can be done, just complicates it.

Seems much simpler if they just showed a individual percentage for each, then you can add them up if you wish.  Or put both numbers in, cumulative and individual.

1 hour ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Was surprised to see only 56% interest for MFS ... but a nice increase in respondents up to 17,800 from 15,000 prior year and 61% of those are new respondents for this year. 

The $240/yr for add-ons is sadly depressing, thought it would have jumped given XP11 release and momentum ... perhaps that got clobbered by MFS PR machine with 45% holding off on purchases.

Gonna be interesting this year or next.

Cheers, Rob.

That surprised me too.  I feel like a lot of people are just being stubborn though to be stubborn, even in an anonymous survey.  Another way of looking at it is MSFS will have 56% of market share, whereas XP11 & P3D will each have respectively (assuming they are equal) 22% each.  

Edited by ual763

It could be more moving over. Under the same poll 'MSFS2020 Purchase Likelihood' is another 15% likely to purchase it in addition to the 56%.  Thats a fair chunk for something not even out yet.  

Most results are roughly the same as last year it seems.  I find it a little disappointing that only 0.7% are women considering that professional women pilots are on the rise and movements everywhere encouraging women in aviation.  

• Like 1

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

4 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Was surprised to see only 56% interest for MFS ...

From the FSElite article:

56% of respondents will replace their current simulator with Microsoft Flight Simulator

Edited by tweekz

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

31 minutes ago, tweekz said:

From the FSElite article:

56% of respondents will replace their current simulator with Microsoft Flight Simulator

I’m sure that when the game is released that will rise to 80% or so. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

44 minutes ago, aleex said:

Maybe not within the first months, but as time goes by, it should become the solid #1 civil flightsim.

If the flight model fails to convince, some people might stay with X-Plane in that regard.

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

44 minutes ago, tweekz said:

Maybe not within the first months, but as time goes by, it should become the solid #1 civil flightsim.

If the flight model fails to convince, some people might stay with X-Plane in that regard.

As far as I know, people are convinced with flight model. But We have to wait until bigger jets are included at some alpha/beta stage and see what people suggest. 

1 hour ago, aleex said:

Even more important, how many will buy it? Around 90% + I‘d expect.

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

7 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

The $240/yr for add-ons is sadly depressing, thought it would have jumped given XP11 release and momentum ...

240 USD/year as a median budget seems to me pretty much what is to be expected. It is approximatively what buys an aircraft à la PMDG or two A2A/Milviz birds + 4/6 quality sceneries (price at sale events). Plenty to play for a year !

P3D is at the end of one of its cycle so many users have already purchased most of their aircraft and sceneries. XP11, I am not familiar with the market.

• Upvote 3

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

While the present survey doesn't contain much surprise compared to the previous one, I am convinced, the next one will present a completely different picture.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11