Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

F1VC.xml - 3D Cockpit Knobs and Keys - tips and tricks

Yup, this is tricky business but you (and we) are making progress!

In the C310, I see the same thing that you do.. In the VC, the HOME button when held down produces the "Hold for Map" indication, but the Map does not appear.  The popup works just fine..

:smile:

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

Big thanks for this little file. Although I think it really belongs to the reality XP to deal with this non-functioning knobs issue. I have installed the GTN750 to about ten different aircraft and only one was ready to use as it is planned. It was freeware Cessna Soloy(!). All other have to have this vc.xml thing in order to have full functionality. So ask for provisions you who have been here to help us end-users.

7 hours ago, Nurmblitz said:

All other have to have this vc.xml thing in order to have full functionality

Hi,

We're aware of the lack of pre-integration from some 3rd party aircraft vendors and this is especially more painful for you, our customers, knowing we provide the ready-made modeldef.xml file and the documentation necessary for any 3rd party aircraft modeller to do the integration as easily as possible.

It is even simpler if they are already providing another GTN integration because the only work remaining is just changing or adding the new commands (even better) in the 3D model and provide a panel.cfg file (yes it is possible to just code both commands on each buttons and knobs, the other and the RXP, so that the 3D model works with any one directly). 

Such 'addition' to an already GTN-ready aircraft just takes 2 hours for any seasoned modeller...

You might want to lobby 3rd party aircraft vendors and help them make a win-win-win situation out of this (their, your and our win).

Edited by RXP
  • Like 2

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

On 2/18/2020 at 7:41 PM, GerryJ01 said:

I could not find 0x0001FA02 or 0x0001FA04 in the sky337_interior.mdl files, but searching further I found the following:
(M:Event) 'Le������ftDrag'  scmp 0 == if{ 0x0001FA1E (>������L:F1GTNMOUSE, bool)

so I changed it to
(M:Event) 'Le������ftDra_'  scmp 0 == if{ 0x0001FA1E (>������L:F1GTNMOUSE, bool)

Hi,

These are command values for the other GTN units.

The whole set you'd be looking for is:

0x0001FA02: GTN 751 HOME release
0x0001FA04: GTN 751 DTO  release

0x0001FA1E: GTN 752 HOME release
0x0001FA20: GTN 752 DTO  release

0x0001FA3A: GTN 651 HOME release
0x0001FA3C: GTN 651 DTO  release

0x0001FA56: GTN 652 HOME release
0x0001FA58: GTN 652 DTO  release

• Like 2

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Hi all,

i hope, i'm right in this topic.
I have bougth an RXN GTN 650 and successfully integrate it in the VC of my A2A C182 running on P3Dv4. I have used the f1vc.xml (v2.05) form this topic and edited the MDL for solve the double-click issue.
But one/two things are not working. I can not click on the rotary-knob's to toogle between COM and NAV. All other things (like HOME, DTO, ajust frequenz) working where like a charm.
so, have anyone an idea to get the click on the two rotary-knob'S working? Or does the A2A C182 simply does not have the clickspots for that?

Greetings,

Sascha

I never thought of the middle mouse button, stupid of me 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️😵
That's how it works, of course, thank you very much 🙂

• Like 1

Hi,

I'am quite unfamiliar those kind of code stuff.

I have read nearly all the posts in this subject but not quite sure the real solution about GTN 750 not working knobs and buttons issue ? (Using A2A C172R)

It will be a big favour for me if somebody can cleary instructs what should I do to fix my problem ? (I have already tried to create XML file and put it in gauges folder but no success )

Thanks a lot for your understandings.  

Faruk IŞIK

5 hours ago, Tayyareci said:

Hi,

I'am quite unfamiliar those kind of code stuff.

I have read nearly all the posts in this subject but not quite sure the real solution about GTN 750 not working knobs and buttons issue ? (Using A2A C172R)

It will be a big favour for me if somebody can cleary instructs what should I do to fix my problem ? (I have already tried to create XML file and put it in gauges folder but no success )

Thanks a lot for your understandings.  

I agree that there needs to be a tutorial with step by step instructions.

Stay tuned, I am going to try to put one together.  😉

Bert

It worked nicely. Thanks for the supoort. That was what I ceratinly need.👏

• Like 1

Faruk IŞIK

This thread is all-in-one actually for proper gtn installation. Took me a while to go through, some comprehension efforts, mistakes and stupid questions before it all sank in. But makes you feel like enlightened when you see your instruments in the cockpit work as expected finally..

Thanks,

Edited by Dirk98
  • Like 2

Just wanted to thank Bert and also Jean-Luc for the work through in getting the buttons active. This community is awesome.

Cheers Rick

• Like 2

tpewpb-6.png

This whole topic does not make sense to me and there is a lot of different comments to go off of. Can you summarize it in a simple way?