Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

February 6th-ish, 2020 – Development Update

People, this is all just entertainment until the sim. comes to us. :laugh:

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, 188AHC said:

Ok guys. Don't assume we don't know what the problem is. We have taken steps to mitigate. So chill. The only way another member can upset you is if you let them. 

What steps, exactly? All i've seen so far is him merrily derailing threads and mods deleting threads trying to get you to take notice of the problem.

And before you tell me to ignore him, he's been on my ignore list probably for a couple months now. But the ignore function is completely useless because as already said not everybody will ignore him, his quoted answers are still visible, other people talking about/to him are still visible and it takes one person eating the bait to derail an entire thread and eventually get you mods to lock it.

• Like 11
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, nikita said:

What steps, exactly? All i've seen so far is him merrily derailing threads and mods deleting threads trying to get you to take notice of the problem.

And before you tell me to ignore him, he's been on my ignore list probably for a couple months now. But the ignore function is completely useless because as already said not everybody will ignore him, his quoted answers are still visible, other people talking about/to him are still visible and it takes one person eating the bait to derail an entire thread and eventually get you mods to lock it.

After months of ignoring him, I couldn't stand the bile he mostly comes out with, so I put him on Ignore, however I still see loads of his posts with people replying for their own reasons, so I've followed the mods advice and I'm sort of still getting trolled by him, so whats next mods?

• Like 7

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

Ignore him. Don't let what he says upset you. Don't reply to his posts. 

Good gracious have a little self control. I find it hard to believe you are so sensitive that you have to read or answer everything he says. Just because someone posts something doesn't mean you have to read it. 

What's going to eventually happen is if this keeps up, we will have another locked thread. It's up to you. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Hope we get some great new infos today.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

Cancel culture is clearly alive and thriving in this thread...

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

So constantly posting misinformation designed to elicit a response is not enough to lock a thread, but correcting it is.

Telling users to ignore his posts is not enough. Not everyone who may or may not be a registered user on AVSIM will come to this thread and find out what he's up to, and that it would be best to ignore him. People will be deceived by his outrageous remarks in a supposedly educational resource according to the Terms of Use, and there will always be someone who will be inclined to reply unless you put a big notice on top of the forum.

I can ignore him and stop correcting him. But don't be surprised if you see more posts or threads asking for more information regarding the upgraded Crew 2 engine, the 32-core CPU and RTX 3070 minimum requirements, or Microsoft's shady YouTuber bribing tactics.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, martin-w said:

It's primarily designed for the PC

let me not disagree with you by pointing out. It is designed for a high end PC in a years time, as a flagship game for their new console when it launches.

That non exclusive nature does likely not extend to steam or xbox one. unless it sells badly.

11 hours ago, martin-w said:

serious SIMULATION

I have seen no evidence of that other than a few announcements of partners who make aircraft not simulators. Asobo themselves said they are not interested in the commercial market.

game is fine, right now as far as I know there is no console free flight simulator you can land and take off in free flight. let alone with a headset and large volume of scenery.

11 hours ago, tweekz said:

Also, what is "professional" about sudden wind changes out of the blue?

FAA Certified, means you can use it to log real world flight hours in your log book. This is not coming to MSFS2020, Asobo themselves have said they will not try.

I would recommend you watch some youtube videos on windshear landings to get a better feeling for the professionals regarding such problems.

2 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

His "facts" are fabricated like "minimum requirements will be 32-core Zen 2 CPU, 32GB RAM and an RTX 3070"

Actually I said

14 hours ago, mSparks said:

minimum recommended specs

So rather than making yourself angry because you didn't read what I wrote (or are you in fact just trolling and intentionally misrepresenting what I wrote?), how about you contribute to that part that you care about by suggesting what you think the minimum recommended specs will be, and when you think we will know.

AutoATC Developer

1 minute ago, mpozzi said:

are we having an update today or not

According to plan - yes.

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

I wonder how the .org would react if a few people would go there just for the pleasure of writing false facts about vulkan and the future of x-plane. 

I seriously doubt that the moderators there would let that happen...

Anyway, I don't see a public amator  installing a whole cokpit 150000€ in his living room, so one wonders why Asobo is developing compatibility with this kind of device, as they showed in a video.

Edited by azulkb
  • Like 6

37 minutes ago, mSparks said:

So rather than making yourself angry because you didn't read what I wrote (or are you in fact just trolling and intentionally misrepresenting what I wrote?), how about you contribute to that part that you care about by suggesting what you think the minimum recommended specs will be, and when you think we will know.

Nobody ever says "minimum recommended specs". It's either minimum or recommended. If you are talking about the requirements they recommend as a minimum, then that's still minimum. And you said "minimum specs" earlier in your sentence, but of course you're not going to quote all of it.

On 2/11/2020 at 1:42 PM, mSparks said:

What has been announced so far doesn't include minimum specs. I expect the minimum recommended specs to be equivalent to xbox2020. i.e. looking like 32 core zen 2, 32GB ram and the AMD equivalent to an RTX3070. Subject to confirmation.

Don't try to find a way out of this. What you meant is obvious.

You want me to contribute to the discussion?

On 2/11/2020 at 8:42 PM, ChaoticBeauty said:

Users with 8GB and 16GB of RAM have been invited to the Alpha. A developer said that it runs fine on a GTX 1060 at 1080p.

There, I'm posting actual facts instead of speculation. Nothing wrong with speculation as long is it is not outrageous and posted in order to turn people away from the simulator. And when you are being corrected but continuing to post the same stuff over and over again, it becomes way too obvious that making discussion is not what you seek. I am not the only user reporting this. I don't really care about discussing the minimum specifications because there are already several hints by Asobo and they said themselves they are not ready to reveal them yet. But people must know better so they can cut through your posts, and that's why I keep repeating all that.

Also how convenient to ignore your other statements and accuse me of trolling now.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, azulkb said:

so one wonders why Asobo is developing compatibility with this kind of device, as they showed in a video.

In an interview, they said they set up a cockpit in  their office as a tool to develop the new sim, parallel to flying lessons to their personnel.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 hour ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

So constantly posting misinformation designed to elicit a response is not enough to lock a thread, but correcting it is.

Telling users to ignore his posts is not enough. Not everyone who may or may not be a registered user on AVSIM will come to this thread and find out what he's up to, and that it would be best to ignore him. People will be deceived by his outrageous remarks in a supposedly educational resource according to the Terms of Use, and there will always be someone who will be inclined to reply unless you put a big notice on top of the forum.

I can ignore him and stop correcting him. But don't be surprised if you see more posts or threads asking for more information regarding the upgraded Crew 2 engine, the 32-core CPU and RTX 3070 minimum requirements, or Microsoft's shady YouTuber bribing tactics.

People like you are part of the problem. You keep talking and talking and talking about the issue.

Back to the topic:

I cant enter the the page to check for the updates!

https://www.flightsimulator.com/

• Upvote 1