Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

February 20th, 2020 – Development/Insider Update

3 minutes ago, Mengy said:

Super impressive video.  I've watched it a few times just to look at the airports in detail.

However, my only criticism is I wish they had shown more small airfields and strips along with the big busy super detailed airports.  I want to see how typical out of the way bush fields in Canada and Alaska will look!

Guess I'll just have to wait until I buy the sim to find out myself.  🤓

Well, they did show a couple of grass strips that weren't "high detail." Looked like generic buildings placed over the orthos and then they define the taxiways and parking spots, but it still looked really good for default.

If they are telling the truth about using the same process at all 37,000 airports, there shouldn't be any real lapses in quality. The tools will work the same everywhere.

Edited by bonchie

1 hour ago, Casualcas said:

And I love this TBM fighter squadron lmao

Multiplayer-1.png

I can see myself, hehe 🤐

• Like 4

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.

3 hours ago, Bear242 said:

Just finished the video

wow

1)They have animated ground crew, OMG. THEY HAVE ANIMATED PEOPLE

2)They got a menu to toggle jetways, request pushback and catering services ( They have replaced GSX addon)

3) Vehicles have headlights at night when moving around the airport

4) WINDSOCK moving according to proper wind direction and speed.

I am afraid my body won't get enough sunlight for 3-4 years after sim is released, please place me in a experimentation lab for further studies

Yeah, the other sims can keep their '1000+ add-ons'. I'll take this with NONE. 

Simply sensational. Beyond anything we've seen before and no doubt there are still more surprises on the way!

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mengy said:

Super impressive video.  I've watched it a few times just to look at the airports in detail.

However, my only criticism is I wish they had shown more small airfields and strips along with the big busy super detailed airports.  I want to see how typical out of the way bush fields in Canada and Alaska will look!

Guess I'll just have to wait until I buy the sim to find out myself.  🤓

+1 for the smaller airports and strips.

I would have loved to see if there are seaplane stations included in the default data base and how MSFS will  handle them! Is there life on small airports by default?

• Upvote 1

IXEG 737 Beta-Tester and First Officer

i7 6700K@4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium@2Ghz, Oculus Rift S, ButtKicker
X-Plane 11 latedt version on a Samsung M.2 SSD for speedy loading times

1 hour ago, Chock said:

Okay, if I get really picky, then there are some errors in the appearance of the servicing procedures at the airport, which the developers may or may not go to the trouble of addressing should they see this. So on the offchance that they do, and if they can be bothered tweaking it...

No aircraft has any ground service vehicles, jet bridges, steps, or any of that stuff come near it unless it is first chocked and coned off these days. The exception to this is that you don't put cones out in high winds (since they would blow away), nor do you put steps on the rear in such high winds (since they can damage the fuselage if the plane blows about). But since it appeared to be a lovely day in the video, they would be there. You do however usually put additional steps on the rear port door of an airliner when it is on stand for the benefit of the cleaning crews and for if it is being fueled, so that it can be quickly evacuated via the front and the rear doors should something go wrong with the fueling process, but not if it is on a quick spin and not being refueled.

And yes, I know this is picky, but if they've gone to the trouble of doing all they have, it seems a shame to miss out the little but important visual details of the real world processes. And ironically enough given the nationality of the devs, this is especially the case for Air France, who insist on having four chocks on the nosewheels of their jets and two on the port main inners, so that they can release the brakes on stand to allow them to cool after landing without having the aircraft roll. You even have to connect a headset to an Air France airliner when you've chocked it, to confirm it with the crew the aircraft is stable so they know they are okay to release the brakes. They are one of a very few airlines who insist on this being done. Most airlines incidentally, pay for the FEP, so the ground power is more often than just slapped straight in there upon arrival without the crew having to request it, a notable exception to that is Ryanair, who use their own service agent's mobile GPUs in order to save money and they do not use the jet bridges either, also for cheapness (there's a surprise eh?) which is why their 737 NGs have forward airstairs fitted. This means that you sometimes see additional cones out on Ryanair jets to prevent passengers on the ramp walking under the wings, and there is usually a 'pig' too (that's the little mobile tape barrier thing they sometimes string out, also to direct passengers straight to the steps).

Incidentally, if any one of our lot was leaving that big a gap between bags when loading them onto an airliner, we'd all be calling them a bunch of pussies and making sure there were no gaps between the bags to really get them sweating lol. Joking and pickiness aside, it all looks great, although I suspect the makers of GSX are not exactly celebrating at this point, because that's their revenue stream right out of the window.

picky like airfrance . when i started flying bigger airplanes i noticed how in big and small fields the ground crew handles their ramp work a bit different when it comes to the order they do things .  here in the states when i was in the ramp some years ago ill just bring the planes in and signal the pilots that they were shocked in and we all moved on to other things .now pushing back yes you keep in touch with the headsets hole different situation . overall im extremely happy with what the new sims has coming . 

Image removed as image is no longer available.

2 hours ago, Bear242 said:

Probably don't have a licensing agreement to add the company logo on the catering trucks.

yeah and that comes at a pretty penny sometimes  that we end up paying for ... 

Image removed as image is no longer available.

2 hours ago, rob0203 said:

Can’t wait to start this sim without having to start or install dozens of other software!  

THAT'S THE KEY!!!  3rd party addons should be a WANT TO, NOT A NECESSITY!!  Asobo WILL deliver!

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

Carmine

MSI z370 sli plus, EVGA SUPERNOVA 1000 PS, i9 9900k running 4.7Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, EVGA RTX 2080TI XF ULTRA 11GB, LG 42.5in, TONS (100+ TB) of HD/SSD/RAID 0/RAID 5 boxes, Oculus Rift & Rift-S, All the Saitek controls/panels, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

4 minutes ago, MatthewS said:

Where are the undulating runways?  None that I can see.....

Not this again, Matthew lol

• Like 4

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

6 minutes ago, Krakin said:

Not this again, Matthew lol

Where are they then? 

Every one of those airports should exhibit undulating runways to some degree... I see none... every runway is billiard table flat (no undulations).

Even XPlane can do this...  Come on Asobo, this is very disappointing.

Edited by MatthewS

Matthew S

8 minutes ago, MatthewS said:

Every one of those airports should exhibit undulating runways to some degree... I see none... every runway is billiard table flat (no undulations). Even XPlane can do this

Which airports exactly are you talking about?  In x-plane I always switched this 'feature' off because in most cases it was way too pronounced.

Edited by FDEdev
  • Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, FDEdev said:

Which airports exactly are you talking about?  In x-plane I always switched this 'feature' off because in most cases it was way too pronounced.

Every runway world-wide has undulations. 

Ok, well Asobo should do better than XPlane and make the undulations less pronounced.

But no, FS2020 runways seem to be perfectly flat (no undulations)... IMHO this is very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very disappointing.

• Like 1

Matthew S

1 minute ago, MatthewS said:

Ok, well Asobo should do better than XPlane and make the undulations less pronounced.

But no, FS2020 runways seem to be perfectly flat (no undulations)... IMHO this is very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very disappointing.

Based on an unreleased alpha, the current score is :

x-plane : 1 (undulating runways)

fs2020 :  17,672 (everything else)

bye bye ex-plane and pee three dee. 

• Like 9
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, MatthewS said:

I don't know on how many runways you landed on IRL, but speaking from own experience I can tell you that this assumption is simply very very very wrong. 

Edited by FDEdev
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, FDEdev said:

I don't know on how many runways you landed on IRL, but speaking from own experience I can tell you that this assumption is simply very very very wrong.

ok, well 99% have undulations that are perceptible to some degree, the other 1% appear perfectly flat.

Matthew S