Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

February 20th, 2020 – Development/Insider Update

9 minutes ago, Claviateur said:

As a scenery designer, the Airport Episode made me freeze on my chair long after the video is over... Speechless

I know, I would sit and do dtw since nobody else will. Lol

Ps if it even needs it

Edited by Casualcas
  • Like 1

Jaw dropping. This simulator is an absolute beauty. It's great to see Rio de Janeiro Intl getting a custom treatment. I hope Guarulhos, which is the most important latin american airport gets the same attention. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Bear242 said:

Yeah but how long, 2 weeks, 1 month, 1 full year paid holiday with all benefits and all time used in MSFS goes towards making the sim better and providing feedback to asobo.

I think a year should do it...LOL

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

This is just amazing more than I could ever asked for...WoW woW Wow!!

I hope the airport editor will allow us to put custom textures on the tarmac and runways based on their real live satellite based textures..(hmm maybe a job for developers?) that is the only thing I was missing the tarmacs and runways textures are too gray and clean for my taste and take away some of the authenticity of the airports..

• Like 1

Thankyou mr Frodo thankyou thankyou thankyou!!

• Like 1

this episode made me dream, I wasn't expecting all that life in airports but I wanted to know if there will be human ATC with players traffic.

My heart dropped while watching the airport video. All I kept saying was, it's OVER!"

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Can’t wait to start this sim without having to start or install dozens of other software!  

• Like 18
  • Upvote 3

Okay, if I get really picky, then there are some errors in the appearance of the servicing procedures at the airport, which the developers may or may not go to the trouble of addressing should they see this. So on the offchance that they do, and if they can be bothered tweaking it...

No aircraft has any ground service vehicles, jet bridges, steps, or any of that stuff come near it unless it is first chocked and coned off these days. The exception to this is that you don't put cones out in high winds (since they would blow away), nor do you put steps on the rear in such high winds (since they can damage the fuselage if the plane blows about). But since it appeared to be a lovely day in the video, they would be there. You do however usually put additional steps on the rear port door of an airliner when it is on stand for the benefit of the cleaning crews and for if it is being fueled, so that it can be quickly evacuated via the front and the rear doors should something go wrong with the fueling process, but not if it is on a quick spin and not being refueled.

And yes, I know this is picky, but if they've gone to the trouble of doing all they have, it seems a shame to miss out the little but important visual details of the real world processes. And ironically enough given the nationality of the devs, this is especially the case for Air France, who insist on having four chocks on the nosewheels of their jets and two on the port main inners, so that they can release the brakes on stand to allow them to cool after landing without having the aircraft roll. You even have to connect a headset to an Air France airliner when you've chocked it, to confirm it with the crew the aircraft is stable so they know they are okay to release the brakes. They are one of a very few airlines who insist on this being done. Most airlines incidentally, pay for the FEP, so the ground power is more often than just slapped straight in there upon arrival without the crew having to request it, a notable exception to that is Ryanair, who use their own service agent's mobile GPUs in order to save money and they do not use the jet bridges either, also for cheapness (there's a surprise eh?) which is why their 737 NGs have forward airstairs fitted. This means that you sometimes see additional cones out on Ryanair jets to prevent passengers on the ramp walking under the wings, and there is usually a 'pig' too (that's the little mobile tape barrier thing they sometimes string out, also to direct passengers straight to the steps).

Incidentally, if any one of our lot was leaving that big a gap between bags when loading them onto an airliner, we'd all be calling them a bunch of pussies and making sure there were no gaps between the bags to really get them sweating lol. Joking and pickiness aside, it all looks great, although I suspect the makers of GSX are not exactly celebrating at this point, because that's their revenue stream right out of the window.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 7

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

This answered a lot of questions, as previous images of airports sometimes showed artifacts and bad ortho integration. It's great to know that they have (or are going to) fix all of that and that all 37,000 airports will start at a reasonably high standard. I was a little worried they were just going to let the AI place buildings and be done with it at most airports. It's going to be great to be able to fly out of my home field and it not look like an absolute catastrophe.

We are in uncharted territory. This level of detail was just unthinkable a year ago.

Edited by bonchie
  • Like 2

Super impressive video.  I've watched it a few times just to look at the airports in detail.

However, my only criticism is I wish they had shown more small airfields and strips along with the big busy super detailed airports.  I want to see how typical out of the way bush fields in Canada and Alaska will look!

Guess I'll just have to wait until I buy the sim to find out myself.  🤓

• Like 2