Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

February 20th, 2020 – Development/Insider Update

2 hours ago, Bdub22 said:

Asobo's only asset coming into this game was the ability to turn raw high resolution survey data (1 fps in 2d) into realistic "game" maps (60 fps in 3D)

That is really hyperbole. That is by no means their "only asset". They are not only brilliant, but they are very fast learners as well.

• Like 4

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

14 hours ago, mpozzi said:

...the game will not include multi-monitors.

That is false. It has already been confirmed that FS 2020 will support multi-monitors.

As for the claim of only a 7 mile radius "circle" that's not factual. From FL340 you can most assuredly see well beyond such a small slice of terrain.

Fr. Bill    

2 minutes ago, mpozzi said:

You don't get the point because the world is divided between people who understand binary and people who don't.

You are skating very close to being given a small vacation. Please keep the insults to yourself.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Fr. Bill    

I'm getting a bit fed up with all "I know more than he knows" Comments. Calm down and be cordial. You might learn something. 

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Please MS/Asobo invite me, i cant take this anymore. After alpha invites, good writers are at their own forum and this is filled with crazy people.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

9900k@5GHz, 32GB@3200 RAM, Strix RTX 2080ti, VKB Gladiator mkii, VKB rudder pedals 

6 hours ago, Jazz said:

I have found reference to this posting but can't find what it was and neither do I remember it. What was it?

It was the famous “Patch” topic. Still the biggest laugh of any topic ever posted here.  Hard to believe it was almost 18 years ago.

@Noodle @Casualcas

it was here, above all a forum, dedicated to flight simulator 2020, knowing that avsim offers many other forums dedicated to other simulators, and that in addition there is the org, a huge space dedicated to xplane.

And here, it was rather specialized on comments related to the updates, information gathering, and the wishes of the community in relation to this simulator.

Roughly 98% of the people here have high hopes for this project. And maybe a good half of them are already convinced by this project. The other half hope that this project will meet their expectations. But all of them wish this project a success. And then there are two peaple, come from the org, who come here only to criticize it and make the comparison with xplane.

Then one of them became so addicted that he'll never leave again, and the other one, as far as I know, his leaving is only temporary.

If they're a little rough around the edges, well, that's the nature of things. If tomorrow I'm going to post on the .org a bunch of novels about how xplane is outdated, I might lose some feathers.

there's not much the moderators can do about it.

Edited by azulkb
  • Like 1

It's going to lean this way for awhile. Until we actually are flying in MSFS. then we'll have something to talk about. 

Right now it's nothing but conjecture and speculations,  what MS did to me, ugh, yeah it's old, but I gotta have fun too while we wait.  Oh and the my sim has it , yours doesnt.... that gets lumped into the conjecture bin but it won't stop me from having fun. Yeah that thing you aren't supposed to have anymore when you turn 15? Well that's not going to happen. 

7 hours ago, FDEdev said:

Exactly. That's why I don't understand why the mods suddenly start to defend mpozzi who wrote that the only intelligent people worth replying to are msparks and Matthews.

We mods can't win. I did in fact ask that mpozzi refrain from using insults or risk a small vacation. As it happen though, unless someone actually violates AVSIM's TOS, they are allowed to post their thoughts freely here no matter how inane it may be.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

37 minutes ago, n4gix said:

We mods can't win. I did in fact ask that mpozzi refrain from using insults or risk a small vacation. As it happen though, unless someone actually violates AVSIM's TOS, they are allowed to post their thoughts freely here no matter how inane it may be.

I've said it before but you're pretty much the only mod I've encountered here that I feel can be trusted. At the same time, let's not kid ourselves here, you guys will delete whatever you choose to delete. I got banned once for linking a reddit thread while being told some nonsense about it violating copyright by the mod that did the banning. Someone called someone a clown earlier in this thread and nothing was done about it while the perpetrator ended up getting defended later on.

As the TOS says, freedom of speech is not a thing here and I get that and that's totally fine but people will notice if the trouble makers are treated better than those getiing entangled in their webs.

• Like 7

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

5 minutes ago, mpozzi said:

One thing is tall grass and another is out of scale grass regarding blades witdh. If there is no attention to detail or lack of adaptive scale, I don't want to know how big the Everest is. The plane in the picture looks like an RC sitting on the grass, my MP-15 would look like a toy.

Consider the perspective of the "camera" that's taking the screenshot. Obviously any 'blades of grass' close to the camera's lens is going to look far larger in proportion to any objects several yards away.

• Like 1

Fr. Bill    

Anyway, on with the show. 

MSFS is building a sim that even out of the box, vanilla with no cream, that WON'T need '1000+' add-ons to make it look spruced up (although a at times stuttering mess with a certain one). It's already leaving the other sims in its wake. 

Now imagine what it will be like with a dozen or so of the best developers in scenery/airport services/weather/textures and what that will add?  

Mind blown. 

Edited by Doug47
forgot some text
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Well, this thread has certainly passed its "Use By" date, so it's time to close this out with a whimper, not a bang. Congratulations @mpozzi...

• Like 3
  • Upvote 5

Fr. Bill