Sign in to follow this  
Wobbie

Donations to Avsim

Donation Update:

on the 13th, We was on 7% of the requested $25 000.00 (for the last week)!! That's a total of $1 705.00 donated so far.

On the 22nd,we are on 9% of the requested $25 000.00 That's a total of $ 2 2505.00 donated so far. That's $545 raised by 9 people in 10 days.

on the 13th, SOH was  on 82% of the requested $1 000.00 (for the last week)!! That's a total of $8 210.00 donated so far.

On the 22nd,they are on 87% of the requested $1 000.00 That's a total of $8 730.00 donated so far. That's $520 raised in 10 days.(no idea of how many donated)

Obviously, as COVID-19 has reared it's ugly head, and people are in lockdown, more & more are at home, looking at sites & forums.. Support your favourite site!

• Upvote 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Here in South Africa, we will be on lockdown at midnight tonight, No dog walking, medical & food only, with 1 person per car!

We NEED to find more love here on Avsim during these times..

Donation Update:

on the 22nd, We were on 9% of the $25 000.00 goal.

On the 26th,we are still on 9% of the our target... That's a total of $ 2 300.00 donated so far. (Balance: $22 700)

on the 22nd, SOH was on 87% of the $10 000.00 target. 

On the 26th,they are on 90% of target... That's a total of $8 985.00 donated so far. (Balance: $1015.00)

Obviously, as COVID-19 has reared it's ugly head, and people are in lockdown, more & more are at home, looking at sites & forums.. 

Time for more appreciation!

Support your favourite site!

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

April 1 2020

Donation Update:

On the 26th,March, we were on 9% of our target... That's a total of $ 2 300.00 donated so far. (Balance: $22 700)

On the 1st April, we are still on 9% of our target... That's a total of $ 2 365.00 donated so far. (Balance: $22 635)

$65.00 donated since the 26th March

On the 26th, SOH are on 90% of target... That's a total of $8 985.00 donated so far. (Balance: $1015.00)

On the 26th, they are on 94% of target... That's a total of $9 410.00 donated so far. (Balance: $590.00)

$425.00 donated since the 26th March

AVSIM is supposed to be the largest Flight Sim forum, why the lack of support??

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

One reason might be that the donation bar isn't visible at all until you enter a thread. At SOH its highly visible right on top, covering the whole page width.

On the front page, next to the heading 'Forums", is 'Donations'..

Everyone who goes to the forums HAS to see the word 'Donations' 

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

Again, you don't see the donation bar. There are thousands of websites where you have a donate button or tab. There's no hint at all that donations are actually required.

55 donors have found that donations are required, what about the rest?

I suppose that being motivated to support a site does help.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

Again, it's not obvious. Why should anyone click on the donate tab if he/she/it just wants to visit the forums?

Mmmm, the guys ot SOH do..  so, why should not Avsimmers?

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

Ok, I'll try it once more. It's highly visible and obvious at SOH while it isn't at Avsim. 

Quite correct.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

2 hours ago, Wobbie said:

Mmmm, the guys ot SOH do..  so, why should not Avsimmers?

When are you going to click on the donate button.

• Like 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Ooh! Harsh.... but fair, Raymond! :cool:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Probably when I see more support/interest in the largest sim site around. At the moment I'd rather support something that is community supported.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

'Do as I say, not as I do'   If you don't donate, you are in no fit place to condemn others.

I would like to see some more overt requesting on the site for donations. Surely, whenever a non-donor member logs in, a message could appear at the top of the screen (not a pop-up) requesting even a small amount at the start of every calendar month.

Wikipedia does a conspicuous funding drive from time-to-time.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter