Sign in to follow this  
simtom

ALPHA BUILD 1.2.5.0 is now available!

While I fully appreciate that they released the change log, I hope they didn't shoot themselves in the foot in some way by mentioning the 10-20 FPS issue. Perhaps this is a bit cynical but I can see people taking it the wrong way and spreading misinformation that "MSFS runs just as bad and even worse than P3D and even without addons" and "no computer will be able to run it".

Edited by threegreen
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

1 hour ago, Claviateur said:

The Open Beta phase should be more interesting than the Alpha....

I think a lot of people would be very frustrated to experience the unpolished version of MSFS and see (live) the issues that are mentioned for example in the dev log of this Alpha version...

I mean just from looking at screenshots sometimes many find this and that missing and it creates frustrations...

So immagine what expectation some would have when they get access and what reality will they meet in an Alpha...  

I really doubt that - we're accessing the sim for free, so most people accessing it are trying to improve it.

Personally, I really don't mind a lot of bugs. Sometimes, I go and try to create bugs/glitches to have a good laugh. It is frustrating, but laughing about it helps a lot.

37 minutes ago, threegreen said:

While I fully appreciate that they released the change log, I hope they didn't shoot themselves in the foot in some way by mentioning the 10-20 FPS issue. Perhaps this is a bit cynical but I can see people taking it the wrong way and spreading misinformation that "MSFS runs just as bad and even worse than P3D and even without addons" and "no computer will be able to run it".

I think the fact they mention FPS issues is really good this early in the dev stage, as it shows they're really listening to everyone taking part. All those rumors will die easily once people actually get a hold of the sim.

Edited by Concodroid

46 minutes ago, threegreen said:

I hope they didn't shoot themselves in the foot in some way by mentioning the 10-20 FPS issue

Like I said earlier, I can't really give any details due to the NDA, but rest assured that the performance is in another league than our current sims.

• Like 12

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.

12 minutes ago, Concodroid said:

I think the fact they mention FPS issues is really good this early in the dev stage, as it shows they're really listening to everyone taking part. All those rumors will die easily once people actually get a hold of the sim.

I agree. But I think performance is kind of the one major concern of any flight simmer, so I hope people won't read too much into this.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Just now, simtom said:

Like I said earlier, I can't really give any details due to the NDA, but rest assured that the performance is in another league than our current sims.

I know. I mean, I don't really because I haven't been invited to the Alpha so far, but I know this is not much to worry about. I was thinking about how this might be taken the wrong way if misinterpreted.

Yeah, I understand. I just want to inform people (while not breaking said agreement) before some wild conspiracies are being spread.

• Like 4

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.

28 minutes ago, simtom said:

It's reassuring because today it is impossible with the right settings to be able to fly over big cities like Paris, London, New York.

I hope that on FS20 we will be able to have quality and fluidity in big cities!

40 minutes ago, simtom said:

Yeah, I understand. I just want to inform people (while not breaking said agreement) before some wild conspiracies are being spread.

As far as I feel from how Asobo are working based on what they explain in their tech videos and with my daily experience with dev teams, MSFS (engine) seems to be very well thought in terms of performance.

So it's impossible they got to this level of complexity in the project while the global fps was low. Thus it is not a global fps issue but rather a particular scenario emerging from something newly added... 

Didn't they mention vegetation reacting to the wind? Or any other feature such as multiplayer or multiplayer vs AI vs any visual management on the ground of the complex airport... 

So again, I think the reported fps note is related to a specific scenario vs a new addition most probably...

As long as features are added, few things will need to be rethought in terms of bandwidth / mem / vram / CPU / etc.

Asobo seem very skilled in their dev strategies so I am not worried about performance at all...

Edited by Claviateur

Scenery for Flight Simulators since 1998

I have been an tester since Alpha 1.  I have not tried the latest Alpha Build, but reading the latest build notes it looks like a Milestone has been reached.  Things are shaping up very well.

Greazer.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, simtom said:

Good news..... and that's before any possible optimisation.🙏

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

3 hours ago, Concodroid said:

we're accessing the sim for free, so most people accessing it are trying to improve it.

I have seen a lot of posts of people that say they are bored and want to play with it.  There were so many posts like this that one forum banned the topic.

Personally I have made a list of things to test based on the pictures, videos, other flight sims, and real world stuff.  I wonder how many people have thought farther than just flying over things they know and airports they know.  

So I hope most people make a list of things to test, but I think many will just wing it.   😀

25 minutes ago, GlideBy said:

I have seen a lot of posts of people that say they are bored and want to play with it.  There were so many posts like this that one forum banned the topic.

Personally I have made a list of things to test based on the pictures, videos, other flight sims, and real world stuff.  I wonder how many people have thought farther than just flying over things they know and airports they know.  

So I hope most people make a list of things to test, but I think many will just wing it.   😀

I'm just gonna crash into my house at mach 3

• Like 1

• FPS tends to drop after the end of a loading sequence
  • FPS tends to drops during intro cutscenes
  • Low FPS (10 to 20 FPS) in big airports when on the tarmac, both on the take-off and landing
  • There are possible FPS drops when moving the camera around the plane. "

FPS drops can easily be fixed if you allow frame blending in this situations.

Low FPS in big airports occur because you are probably abusing in verts counting and probably with many useless huge textures. You have to bake this big airports in .gIFT format, only one set of texture for each airport with a great UV work and you have to cure the geometries to compress vert count before baking and you will see how smooth FPS you will get in huge airports.

I'm available for this task just feel free to drop me a DM, I can fix 80 airports in 40 days.