Sign in to follow this  
Nemo

ORBX Transfer to P3Dv5

So I have migrated my sceneries from V4 install to library, But ORBX central does not seem to be aware of my V5 install. 

I have updated to latest version (4.1.1x I believe) 

Am I missing something?

2 minutes ago, flybius said:

So I have migrated my sceneries from V4 install to library, But ORBX central does not seem to be aware of my V5 install. 

I have updated to latest version (4.1.1x I believe) 

Am I missing something?

Have you closed Orbx Central, restarted and closed P3D and then re-opened Orbx Central?

Ian S

38.jpg

14 minutes ago, flybius said:

Am I missing something?

Forgive the obvious question, but since I saw someone else make that mistake:

Did you choose V5 in the dropdown menu in Central? 

I have opened and closed both several times and V5 does not show up in the ORBX central pulldown...

29 minutes ago, Saunameister said:

i reinstalled central and it worked

Does it take up twice the space or from same library folder v4 and v5 installed? How do i move Global.?its the only ORBX that needs to migrate. Hitting the button nothing happens. 

Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

1 hour ago, flybius said:

I have opened and closed both several times and V5 does not show up in the ORBX central pulldown...

Did you follow the instructions? Have to move to beta "fastlane" and central will then update and recognise v5. All in the link I posted above.

A.Chryss - near YSCB

1. ASUS ROG STRIX X299 i9-7900X (delid - 4.9Ghz All Cores), EK 420x45 RAD, D5 Pump, EK monoblok, 32GBs GSkill 3600MHz ram 1T, Gig Aorus GTX1080Ti (2075Mhz), SSung 970 Evo 2TB & 1Tb & 960Evo 500GB NVMe, 2xSSDs. XBox controller for camera views. - Flight sims

2. ASUS ROG STRIX X570 Ryzen 3900X - 4.3Ghz (12 cores) Corsair H115i, Gig 2080Ti OC, 32MHz ram 2x 970EVO 1TBNVME  3x ssd etc.  P3D v4.5 & v5, XP11 & DCS. 43"-4k + 27"-2k monitors & tablets. Warthog controllers, Honeycomb Yoke, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, TrackIR . - Games server

It was a simple as reinstalling... The site read that the current version was 4.11... I. reality it is 4.1.6

Reinstalled and all is working... Thanks to everyone for helping!

2 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

Does it take up twice the space or from same library folder v4 and v5 installed? How do i move Global.?its the only ORBX that needs to migrate. Hitting the button nothing happens. 

Michael Moe 

The Global Base cannot be "migrated". It must be reinstalled.

From Nick Cooper:

"you cannot migrate Global Base to an Orbx Central Library because that would leave the simulator

without any default textures in its own folder and it would not run.

You can install Global base into an Orbx Central Library."

Sorry, that's all I know. Never having done the migration.

Richard.

• Upvote 1

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

1 minute ago, DrumsArt said:

The Global Base cannot be "migrated". It must be reinstalled.

From Nick Cooper:

"you cannot migrate Global Base to an Orbx Central Library because that would leave the simulator

without any default textures in its own folder and it would not run.

You can install Global base into an Orbx Central Library."

Sorry, that's all I know. Never having done the migration.

Richard.

Thanks

i found this 

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/190948-installing-orbx-products-in-prepar3d-v5/

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

18 hours ago, spilok said:

Great idea.  I did it all tonight.  Moved everything into ORBX Libraries.  Thanks for the excellent tip.  Well, we'll see how it goes when I install P3dv5. It only took me about 45 minutes or so to get everything converted from "inside the sim" to the ORBX Library.

Thanks Nemo and Farlis

Stan

Stan, 

I'm about to do this myself.  Did you notice any issues with V4 after migrating or are things good?

ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Plus ▪︎ Intel i9-12900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 4090Ti ▪︎ 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo ▪︎ Windows 11 Home ▪︎ 3x Western Digital Black SN850 2TB NVME SSD ▪︎  ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair HX1000 Platinum PSU ▪︎ Fractal Design Meshify 2 ATX Case

As for the lake itself....I'll put it back in the next v5 content patch.  The water data set is completely different in North America for v5 so we haven't found all the bugs yet, but we should have caught this one!

Let us (I'm part of LM's Prepar3D team)  know if you find more omissions like this!  You guys make a list we'll be sure to review what we can!

Edited by Orslax
i didn't make it clear I was from LM
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Orslax said:

Let us know if you find more omissions like this!

Who might the "us" be?

Charlie Aron

AVSIM Board of Directors-Moderator-Registrar

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

So I downloaded the Orbx Central, and everything went fine. However, there are some airports I had in V4 that are not listed for v5. I am using a new machine for v5 that doesn't have v4 on it. Are these airports not yet compatible? For instance, Melbourne.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

36 minutes ago, PilotPete99 said:

So I downloaded the Orbx Central, and everything went fine. However, there are some airports I had in V4 that are not listed for v5. I am using a new machine for v5 that doesn't have v4 on it. Are these airports not yet compatible? For instance, Melbourne.

Cheers, Pete

Yes, some are not yet compatible.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).